TV show (?) with Olivia Colman (?) — or maybe not

Tools    

I’m on my first vacation in a long time and, lacking imagination, I guess, for anything else, I happened to rewatch The Night Manager. (Apparently, there’s a second season coming soon! Who’d have thought).

I could have sworn it ends with Angela getting trapped in the lift and giving birth in the lift… but apparently not. Or else Amazon Prime has cut that bit out, which I doubt.

So what is it I’m thinking of? I can only seem to recall a ‘strong female spymaster-type’ character giving birth while trapped in the lift. Again, I could have sworn it was Olivia Colman, but I’m guessing I’ll just have to accept that part is entirely the product of my imagination.

Any thoughts appreciated, as ever.

Edit: what I’m thinking of was a ‘serious’ film/show, likely some kind of detective story/spy drama/something like that, but not a soap opera or a sitcom.

I suspect it wasn't Olivia Colman, I am unable to find anything which involves Olivia Colman giving birth in an elevator. Note that Olivia Colman was actually pregnant when they shot Night Manager. They had to write her real-life pregnancy into the script.
So if we drop Olivia Colman, all we are looking for is a scene where a woman gives birth in an elevator. And I am afraid there are TONS of those.

I suspect it wasn't Olivia Colman, I am unable to find anything which involves Olivia Colman giving birth in an elevator. Note that Olivia Colman was actually pregnant when they shot Night Manager. They had to write her real-life pregnancy into the script.
So if we drop Olivia Colman, all we are looking for is a scene where a woman gives birth in an elevator. And I am afraid there are TONS of those.
Ah well. You’re right — I’m not overly obsessed with this conundrum, so if it comes back to me, so be it, and I’ll update here, of course. It was some spy boss-type character.

Perhaps it's not a movie, but a short film. "JUMPER - Suspense Thriller Short Film" ?
https://www.reddit.com/r/tipofmytong...dy_gets_stuck/
Not this, unfortunately.

Also note that Olivia Colman was also pregnant during a season of "The Mitchell and Webb Look".

Maybe it is an episode of "Punky Brewster" (1984-1988) entitled "Wimped Out".
Punky - who has a broken leg - and Cherie are stuck in an elevator with a pregnant woman in labor.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0680644/?ref_=kw_li_tt

Dude, pregnant-woman-stuck-in-an-elevator is an INCREDIBLY overused plot device, especially in second rate American sitcoms like "Punky Brewster".

I’m aware, but it really wasn’t anything akin to a sitcom, like, at all, it was a pretty classic procedural/thriller/detective film with a cop (?)/senior kind of law enforcement boss protagonist. But I appreciate it’s all very vague, so not a pressing one, if I remember, I’ll update.

I happened to rewatch The Night Manager. (Apparently, there’s a second season coming soon! Who’d have thought).
I didn’t know this until someone here mentioned it.

Can’t remember a single thing from the show, but I did enjoy it.

I didn’t know this until someone here mentioned it.

Can’t remember a single thing from the show, but I did enjoy it.
Same — lovely little thing. Hope they don’t ruin it with the second instalment.

was it the night manager? that was on amazon prime
Definitely wasn’t The Night Manager. How can I be sure? I completely forgot about this thread and rewatched the show over Christmas with someone who hasn’t seen it, I was literally expecting that scene until it… didn’t happen. So no, not that.

I must have hallucinated it.

Colman also provided the voice of the woman having Tom Hardy’s baby in Locke but she’s never seen onscreen.
Hmm. I did see that one, don’t remember much but I don’t think it would be that, as I seem to remember actually seeing her being very Olivia. Will try to rewatch it asap just to check.