Terminator Reboot... A Stand Alone Trilogy

Tools    

I'm literally only seeing this for Emilia Clarke lol and I don't even think she's got the look for Sarah Connor.

Jai Courtney (Sam Worthington 2.0) is not a good actor but hollywood seems to not realize we know.

Jason Clarke is alright but he's in like everything now so he doesn't excite me, and Arnold.......sorry but Arnold doesn't inspire any bold of confidence in me these days.

Matt Smith's role in this is very interesting to me though. I am curious to see what he is going to be doing as they have been kind of keeping it secret.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Think Emilia Clarke is genuinely a terrible actress. She just lucked out with GoT casting. So many times watching GoT I get distracted by what a terrible actress she is.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Think Emilia Clarke is genuinely a terrible actress. She just lucked out with GoT casting. So many times watching GoT I get distracted by what a terrible actress she is.
I thought its only me. She is not so bad to ruin the series, but yea, its noticeable.

Early reviews are in, and they aren't good.

Darn it.

Garnered 1 star out of 5 on RT and only a 17% rating. It's been called a monotone, lumbering, tedious movie that is more a parody of the original movie than the sequel it was meant to be....
Jai Courtney and Emilia Clarke have also been slammed as wooden casting.

Welcome to the human race...
Yeah, that's disappointing because Terminator 3 had an American R and still managed to make back nearly three times its almost-$200m budget, so I guess the only reason they'd water it down to PG-13 is to chase profits (which is ironic considering that Salvation apparently made less money than 3).

Still going to see this, though. Whatever.

Like I said before it's a quick cheap cash in on the rights to the Terminator franchise before they revert to James Cameron in like 4 years.

Rubbish casting, Jai Courtney just looks like a B movie actor, like he should be a bad guy in some cheap Steven Seagal action flick. Emilia Clarke is a lol bad actress simply being cast to get the GoT fans interested. Arnold is too old to play the Terminator again even though it is clearly allowed for in the story. Jason Clarke like Christian Bale is probably wishing he hadn't stepped into John Connors shoes.

Director is a nobody, but a flashy trailer or 2 gets us all exited (me included).

There is no way this won't be ****.

I feel like they've spoiled things a little big by revealing John Connor as a villain. Definitely something they could have left out of the trailer/poster.

There is no way this won't be ****.

I feel like they've spoiled things a little big by revealing John Connor as a villain. Definitely something they could have left out of the trailer/poster.
Yeah, this week's Honest Trailer was for T2 and it also pointed out how T2 spoiled its main twist of the T-800 being heroic instead of villainous, but you'd think that revealing a change in the timeline would be sufficient for "spoiling" the story but that reveal in particular seems like a bridge too far.

Honestly, at this point I'm just too horribly intrigued as to what kind of mess it's going to be.

Would people have went too seen this if they would have rebooted the whole franchise. Make Alexandria Daddario Sara Conner, with Liam Hemsworth as Kyle Reese and The New Terminator T-800 played by not Arnald. I say they should have made the new series without arnald and got. Someone like Vin Diseal, Stone Cold Steve Austin or Dave Batista too play a new Terminator 800.

Would people have went too seen this if they would have rebooted the whole franchise. Make Alexandria Daddario Sara Conner, with Liam Hemsworth as Kyle Reese and The New Terminator T-800 played by not Arnald. I say they should have made the new series without arnald and got. Someone like Vin Diseal, Stone Cold Steve Austin or Dave Batista too play a new Terminator 800.
I think the new Terminator only did as good as it did because of Arnold.....if you recasted Arnold i think the movie would of bombed even worse.

No i mean make it a total reboot and not make it what this was. A Legit reboot like James Bond did with Daniel Craig. Although I liked Brosnan as bond.

James Bond isn't the best example because he was a character who changed actors every 5-10 years anyway so even Craig's reboot didn't come across as that much of a change. The Terminator, on the other hand, has only ever been played by the same actor for 30 years and is pretty much defined by the connection to his actor. Considering how Salvation managed to turn a profit without relying on Schwarzenegger's presence (it's not like you can really count the CGI appearance late in that film) it's debatable as to how much his appearance in the film would make a difference, but doing a straight-up reboot would still be a tough sell in any case even with someone like Diesel or Batista (Austin would be a terrible choice for quite a few reasons). That being said, Hemsworth would have made for a decent Reese.