Songs That Would Make A Perfect Movie

Tools    

I'm not an especially big fan of the band or the album, but I would be interested in seeing how a film adaptation of Green Day's American Idiot would turn out. They already did a stage musical, so why not a movie?
Wasn't that enough?

Hmm.. Bohemian Rhapsody, since I love mind****s and I have no idea what the song is all about.
wait you don't know what bohemian rhapsody is about...
*inhales* it is about a man who accidentally kills a man who surprised him in a lightning storm, he is convicted and executed for the murder.....duh
(i am totally kidding i think, who knows i could be right)

and if someone else takes the idea I will resort to murder and film it for the movie
that was kinda what me and one of my lovers wants to do with pink world...

This.

If you don't already count Close Encounters.

The song isn't on the soundtrack somehow. I know it wouldn't be entirely appropriate for the feel of the film, but still.

The score is by a guy named Jack Nitzche. Interesting last name in relation to the concept of a superior starman. I'm thinking 2001 here also.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Jack Nitzsche was an interesting dude. He composed the score for One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest (with that singing saw), he co-wrote the song "Needles and Pins" with Sonny Bono, he arranged many of Phil Spector's wall of sound hits, and he was married to singer Buffy Sainte-Marie.

How do you know all this????

---

Also,

'cause it's a true cliche.

This.

If you don't already count Close Encounters.

I thought about Bowie's Space Oddity earlier... but it was inspired by 2001: A Space Odyssey ... which is a little backwards to what the thread is about...

I think Bowie's The Man Who Sold the World might make an interesting film...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I can think of one song that was composed as a key part of a film in that the unseen singer acts as a one-man Greek chorus all through the film. The movie is the comedy Western Waterhole #3, and the song Ballad of Waterhole #3 was written by two jazz musicians but performed through the film by an unique country singer, the late Roger Miller who once wrote the songs for a live theater musical version of Huckleberry Finn.

I can think of some lesser known dylan tunes that I always wished would become films. 'Lily, Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts' 'Tangled up in Blue' 'Girl From the North Country' to name a few.

But at the same time I worry that the vision these songs give me would be completely different from what a director or screenwriter might see so songs turned into movies can be a let down to people that love the song.

Movies Music Girls Gear and Beer

Reminds me. I have not yet seen this:

Haunted Heart, Beautiful Dead Soul
i read all these ideas and no one thought of my idea. i love ''shooting star'' by bad company. that would be an ideal rock-n- roll movie!!! with all new orginal music by the band.

Darren Aronofsky said that this song inspired him while writing The Fountain.

Just about every country music song ever written could be turned into movies...mostly sad ones.

Haunted Heart, Beautiful Dead Soul
Just about every country music song ever written could be turned into movies...mostly sad ones.

But everyone would get their dog, wife and truck back!!!