Passable performance from an actor you hate.

Tools    

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Is there at least a tolerable performance from an actor you generally dislike?

Mine is Mark Ruffalo in Zodiac. There's something about Mark I don't like, but he was great in Zodiac.

Ben Stiller as Tugg Speedman (Tropic Thunder)
Jack Black as Jeff Portnoy (Tropic Thunder)
Ben Affleck as Stephen Collins (State Of Play)
Shia LaBeouf as the voice of Cody Maverick (Surf's Up)
Jude Law as W.P. Inman (Cold Mountain) and Dr. John Watson (Sherlock Holmes)

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
Natalie Portman - "Garden State"

Vin Diesel - "Pitch Black"

Demi Moore - "Flawless"

Matthew McConaughey - "The Lincoln Lawyer"

Keira Knightley - "Domino"

Nicholas Cage - "Matchstick Men"

Ben Affleck - "State of Play"

Zooey Deschanel - "(500) Days of Summer"

Adam Sandler - "Punch Drunk Love"

Jake Gyllenhaal - "Donnie Darko"

Carey Mulligan - "Never Let Me Go"

Jesse Eisenberg - "The Social Network"

Julia Roberts - "Charlie Wilson's War"

Renee Zellweger - "Cold Mountain"

I don't remember asking you a ******* thing!
Jean Claude Van-Damme - JCVD

Arnold Schwartzeneggar - The Terminator series

Jim Carrey (I don't hate him, but he can be annoying) - Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Keanu Reeves - The Matrix

Arnold Schznegger in The Terminator and Terminator 2: Judgement Day

Kate Winslet in Little Children

Woody Harrellson in The Messenger and Zombieland.

Hate is a strong word but I don't look forward to seeing these actors in anything.

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
Kate Winslet in Little Children

Hate is a strong word but I don't look forward to seeing these actors in anything.
Bummer! I think Kate Winslet is superb. Did you watch "Reservation Road" or "Eternal Sunshine" or "Quills?"

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Vin Diesel - Pitch Black
Mathew McConaughey - A Time to Kill
Keanu Reeves - The Matrix
Demi Moore - Striptease (I think it's pretty obvious why)
Kate Winslet - Heavenly Creatures

Again hate is a strong word but Ewan McGregor in I Love You Phillip Morris springs to mind, as does Clive Owen in Trust. Also Scarlett Johansson in Lost In Translation - she deserved an Oscar nom for that role, but when I see her elsewhere, it's usually not great.

I actually meant Demi Moore in Striptease. However, I don't find SJ particularly attractive either. Well, except in this pic.

This is the best picture of her as a redhead that I could find. However, even as a redhead she doesn't really do it for me.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Also Scarlett Johansson in Lost In Translation - she deserved an Oscar nom for that role, but when I see her elsewhere, it's usually not great.
Lost In Translation is one of my favorite movies, but no way did Scarlett Johansson deserve any kind of award for that role. I think a dozen different actresses could have stepped into that role and it wouldn't have made a bit of difference to the quality of the movie. On the other hand, I couldn't see or wouldn't want any body but Bill Murray to play his role.

But she was passable. I'll give her that.

Bummer! I think Kate Winslet is superb. Did you watch "Reservation Road" or "Eternal Sunshine" or "Quills?"

The main problem I have with this thread is that I can't actually think of a 'TERRIBLE' actor who has just done a 'passable' performance, so i've kinda took it upon myself to reinterpret it as 'an actor you don't like much who put on a performance you actually cared about/enjoyed'.

I agree with you that Winslet is a great actress. My problem is she's too good. Her performances are too careful, too strong. I know it's a really weird thing to say and I can understand that it may raise some eyebrows, but there is nothing surprising about Winsley other than she's a damn good actor. She's never edgy and she never really does much outside of strong dramatic award winning roles and that kinda puts me off her. I dunno, it's hard to explain.

Will ferrell in his serious roles
shia lebouf in disturbia