It's Been Bloody Roasting Today!

Tools    

31 degrees here! I'm can't handle hot weather! My face is bright pink - not as result of my liberal alcohol consumption - but the result of some cheap sun cream I bought. I look like Ric Flair! Very embarrassing.

Oh no! Where is the blood coming from? Slob, are you bleeding or something?

Oh no! Where is the blood coming from? Slob, are you bleeding or something?
He has blood coming out of her wherever.

Anyway, yes -- it's HOT.

I actually wanted to make a thread about the heat myself, but didn't think it really warranted a thread (what's wrong with me?)

I wanted to make a thread where people told us when they were hot.

This can be that thread, I guess.......

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
Well, I will tell you when I will be hot.....

Coming this Thursday through Sunday, the predicted temperatures here will be 94, 93, 90 and 89 (for me, once it hits 85, that is no different than 90). The problem with the first two days is that we also have an "Excessive Heat Watch" going on for them (I hope it doesn't turn into a "Warning" because I don't know what I will do then!). So, that means, when it is 94 on Thursday, it will feel like it is anywhere from 100 - 110 outside. And on Friday, it will feel as warm as 105.

I hate hot weather. Especially because I don't have an air conditioner.

Anyway, yes -- it's HOT.

I actually wanted to make a thread about the heat myself, but didn't think it really warranted a thread (what's wrong with me?)

I wanted to make a thread where people told us when they were hot.

This can be that thread, I guess.......
You always get me hot under the collar.

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
On top of all of the heat is going to be the humidity.

I honestly considered going to a hotel for a couple of days - I know I won't be sleeping at night otherwise. But I didn't realize that the hotels would be that expensive (I've never had to stay in one in this city before - so I didn't know). I looked into the ones out in the suburbs, too, and they really aren't any cheaper. So I will just stay at home and wait it out. Unfortunately, that means at least 2 nights of no sleep. Even with the fan directly on me, I can't sleep in that kind of heat.

Well, I will tell you when I will be hot.....

Coming this Thursday through Sunday, the predicted temperatures here will be 94, 93, 90 and 89 (for me, once it hits 85, that is no different than 90). The problem with the first two days is that we also have an "Excessive Heat Watch" going on for them (I hope it doesn't turn into a "Warning" because I don't know what I will do then!). So, that means, when it is 94 on Thursday, it will feel like it is anywhere from 100 - 110 outside. And on Friday, it will feel as warm as 105.

I hate hot weather. Especially because I don't have an air conditioner.
My window AC broke right after putting it in this year (the fan or motor in the outer part started making this horrific noise). I found pressing the bottom & top of the outer part made the noise stop (tried tightening screws on the top part, but that only made it worse - and there are no screw heads on the bottom part). Then I tried to duct-tape it, but the tape came off within a day since it was wrapped around the outer part that blows out heat. So then I got some rope - that did the trick. My AC is being held together (and is fairly quiet) with rope!