I personally liked the following soundtracks

The Queen of the Damned
Good Morning Vietnam
The Lost Boys
Dirty Dancing
Flashdance
Pretty Women
and finally Speed

I'm not sure if I would call it a soundtrack, more of a musically but Jeff Wayne's "War of the Worlds". The movie/s I found rather disappointing but I love this album

Clark Kent knows what he's talking about! John Williams is the MAN when it comes to soundtracks! He's done over 186 of them. He is the reason we have the theme to Indiana Jones, Jaws, and ALL of the Star Wars movies. You have to give props to him. E.T., Jurassic Park, Pearl Harbor and The Patriot, all thanks to John Williams. Hans Zimmer is also very good, he has done Crinson Tide, The Rock, Black Hawk Down and Gladiator. All very powerful. The last one I'll mention is James Horner: Braveheart Titanic (crap of a movie, but good soundtrack), Legends of the Fall, and Glory. Soundtracks are so awesome to listen to! Moulin Rouge and Braveheart are two of my all-time favorites.

Sorry I have such a long post!

From Dusk till dawn, Reservoir Dogs, Desperado and American Pie II

Cyberdine Systems Model 101
Terminator 2 Judgment Day

Brad Fiedel composed the music in that movie very well. The main title in Terminator 2 is excellent and the T-1000 song is just incredible. You got to love it when you see the T-1000 in T2 because you know that cool song is going to start to play.

An American In Paris ****/*****
Once Upon A Time In China *****/*****
Father of the Bride ****/*****
Spartacus *****/*****
The Hidden Fortress ****/*****

You can view my review for each of those films at T-850's Reviews

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Once Upon a Time in the West

Less Than Zero (I did NOT like this movie!)

Kids

My favorite, Blade Runner

WORST soundtrack, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Burt Bacharach should be shot to death by the Bolivian Army.

When they start do that 'bop bo bop bo bop bo bop', I have to turn the volume off.

"You Couldn't Make It Up...!!!"
SUSPIRIA

THE LIMEY

Ennio Morricone's work on *The Paella Trilogy*

John Barry's work on the Bond series (and just about anything else he puts his hand to!)

JAWS

CRASH

Anything by Bernard Herrman

ROCKY

MARY POPPINS

ALL THAT JAZZ

Anything by Pino Donagagio (sp? Er, just think the best of Brian De Palma)

Ach, I give up! There's just too many...

John.

lotr and potc rocks
gladiator, last of the mohicans, and dances with wolves are the best movie soundtracks

A system of cells interlinked
Are we talking score or soundtrack here?

I think of soundtrack as the songs, could be any songs, that were used in the movie like say for example American Graffiti.

Score I think of as music written and inspired by the film itself, say for instance the aforementioned The Last of the Mohicans.

For score, I would have to say Mulholland Drive, as Angelo Baldamenti's work on this film is just amazing. Kind of minimal synth stuff like he usually does but it just moves me in so many ways through-out the film that it came to mind immediately when I saw this topic. Especially the track Love Theme. The Winky's donuts scene also comes to mind as it's just this visceral grinding synth that builds and builds and just gets under your skin!

For soundtrack, There are many that come to mind but I would have to choose Donnie Darko just because I saw it recently and I love that film. The score is great here as well (I am still wondering where I can get a copy of the theatre scene music, which just doesn't exist on a recording outside of the film as far as I can find.)

Honorable Mention goes to Mohicans as the score is stellar in this film.

I am giving rep for this topic as well, because music in movies isn't talked about enough

Maximum OverDrive

Can't beat a movie filled with AC/DC.

All of the music that John Williams ever made is the best music from star wars Jaws and home alone one and two is the best!
Anyone know what his next soundtrack will be?His music is so rewardling to me!I love it!
See you around!JM
Favorite Movie of all time:Star Wars!
Online offline boyfriend:AdarkSideJedi(brad)
Other Sites I belong tooeathcurse.com Darkmark.com and StarWars.com and Adult Swim.com!

I know a lot fo peopledidn't like this movie.. but the cat in the hat soundtrakc is quite interesting. Theres a pretty cool song from Smash Mouth on there. I found this media player if any of you are interested in checking it out - http://www2.fanscape.com/smashmouth/player/

Aside from that I really like the sountracks for some of the darker themed movies like The Crow, Strangeland and the cable guy.

The Green Lantern
Queen of the Damned
Forrest Gump
O' Brother Where Art Thou
Highlander
Let Those Who Worship Evil's Might.
Beware My Power...Green Lantern's Light"

--Green Lantern Oath--

"The Green Lantern Corps has battled against the forces of evil and chaos for a millennium. To serve is the ultimate honor."

The Matrix
Pulp Fiction
Natural Born Killers
Almost Famous
The Big Labowski
Lockstock + 2 Smoking Barrels
Summer Of Sam
2 Days in the Valley
Desperado

My favorite soundtrack is the 8 Mile sdk.

BANNED
Only two,
Sound of Music
Lord of the Rings (all of them but especially the last one)

Originally Posted by GL2814
O' Brother Where Art Thou
Highlander
I couple of good choices there. I would also include......

LOTR (all three)
Donnie Darko
The Lost Boys
The Commitments
Spiderman
Born on the fourth of July

Bad Morther****er
I'll have to say....

Pulp Fiction
Garden State
The Big Chill
Forest Gump
The Five Heartbeats
Justice will be served/ And the battle will rage/ This big dog will fight/ When you rattle his cage/ And you’ll be sorry that you messed with the U.S. of A./ Cause we`ll put a boot in your ass/ It`s the American way.
Courtesy Of The Red, White & Blue - Toby Keith

my favorites have to be
-Donnie Darko
-Ravenous
-The Crow
-Garden State
-Pulp Fiction
-Resevoir Dogs
-Romeo and Juliet
-Snatch
-Fight Club
- Requiem for a Dream

We're no longer called Sonic Death Monkey. We're on the verge of becoming Kathleen Turner Overdrive, but just for tonight, we are Barry Jive and his Uptown Five. -Jack Black (High Fidelity)

I thought the spider man 2 soundrack was great:

Train, Ordinary...