The European Horror Hall of Fame

Tools    

Where would you have had Kill List Destiny?
If you guys would like, once I get back tonight, I will check it out, and place it on my list. Just let me know what you all want. I have to split. I'm running late leaving to sterilize my family member's house. The one with the Staph infection. I mentioned it somewhere on this board. Anyways, I have all that to do, her bills, her home, her laundry, and once she gets home, her therapy. I'm a busy bug.

OK, just let me know. Tonight is good enough.

Didn't we decide to just leave all the films in?
You all were going to get rid of mine.

I wouldn't have counted Destiny's if I saw it didn't have a film on it.
You wouldn't have counted mine if you saw it?

How many people sent in lists?

Destiny - if you never watched the film, obviously your list wouldn't count then. But, I would have let you know, in case you watched it and simply forgot to put it on.

Thanks Gats and Swan. I'm happy with the way the list turned out, seems fair. I just would've liked The Cremator to have been higher as I thought that was an excellent film.

Destiny - if you never watched the film, obviously your list wouldn't count then. But, I would have let you know, in case you watched it and simply forgot to put it on.
You guys never asked me why it wasn't on there. Are you saying my list didn't get used?

No, I'm not saying that. I didn't tally the votes though. I never saw your list.

This is how I voted-

1. Kill List
2. The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari
3. Cannibal Holocaust*
4. Daughters of Darkness
5. The Devil's Backbone
6. The Orphanage
7. Frontiers
8. The Cremator
9. Amer
10. Lisa and the Devil
11. Eyes Without a Face
12. Suspiria

I'm disappointed to see Suspiria rank so low. When the nominations were first revealed, I figured it was one of the favorites to win. On the flip side, I'm shocked to see Cannibal Holocaust crack the top five. It felt to me like most of the responses were negative, so I was expecting it to place near the bottom. Not surprised that The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari won, although I was hoping Eyes Without a Face might pull the upset.

Here's how I voted:

#1) Cannibal Holocaust
#2) Suspiria
#3) The Orphanage
#4) Eyes Without a Face
#5) The Cremator
#6) The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari
#7) Frontier(s)
#8) Kill List
#9) The Devil's Backbone
#10) Daughters of Darkness
#11) Amer
#12) Lisa and the Devil

The middle of the list was the hardest for me to rank. If I were ranking films based solely on favorite-to-least-favorite, Frontier(s) and Kill List would leapfrog The Cremator and The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari. Even though this Hall of Fame lasted longer than it should have and several people dropped out (my hiatus didn't help matters, either), it was still fun. We had a great selection of films with varied styles from different eras. Amer and Lisa and the Devil are the only two films I didn't like. Even Daughters of Darkness grew on me in retrospect. to Gatsby and Swan for keeping things at least somewhat on track.

That's funny Captain because I did the same thing with Frontiers. It would have been 3rd for me behind Kill List and Cannibal Holocaust if I voted solely on my enjoyment.

Master of My Domain
Not surprised that The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari won, although I was hoping Eyes Without a Face might pull the upset.
Eyes Without a Face should have won since it's clearly the best nomination but I'm happy with 3rd place. This is the first time I nominated a film that cracked the Top 5.