Guilty Pleasures

Tools    

I don't know if this thread already exists, but this is for guilty pleasures; those movies that you know are bad, but you enjoy regardless. I don't mean cult classics, so I would not include The Room, or The Wickerman remake, or Troll 2. These are movies that are widely considered to be middling to bad, but which you find to be a genuinely (non-ironic) enjoyable viewing experience.

The Chronicles of Riddick and Event Horizon are two of mine.

Nice topic :-) Mine would be Masters of the Universe. Loved He-Man as a kid and and the movie is on TV, I always stay stuned, although its a little trashy. Dolph Lundgren was the perfect choice for the lead role.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
There is a thread already, you can search for any thread by typing in on the top left header where it shows a magnifying glass. You can search by titles only or search everything - it's a great tool.

I also loved He-Man the cartoon. The movie I liked a lot as a child was "Howard The Duck", "The Karate Kid" and "Rocky"

Nice topic :-) Mine would be Masters of the Universe. Loved He-Man as a kid and and the movie is on TV, I always stay stuned, although its a little trashy. Dolph Lundgren was the perfect choice for the lead role.
I think even at the time you wondered why the hell Earth had to be involved. Frank Langella was fantastic as Skeletor – it's basically a big stage performance isn't it? Plus the make-up design was an interesting sidestep from what would have been expected. It's great that he said a few years back that he loved the part, and it connected to his son being into the toys in that period.

I wouldn't call it a guilty pleasure, although it's obviously dated in many respects and is a children's programme, but Ulysses 31 is still a favourite of mine. Greek Mythology was very abundant for some reason when I was a kid, and I just absorbed it all. I was laughing yesterday at Uma Thurman as Medusa in Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief – stunning as ever, even in the headgear, snakes and wraparound shades; and she was perfect. I particularly liked the fact that she kept looking at the snakes as they moved around with her gaze. I winced at some of the usual mistakes, like Hades being represented as a demonic lord of hell or a Fury looking like a Harpy, but in the main it was diverting enough and I noted that Sean Bean and Pierce Brosnan were together again in the same film.

The Chronicles of Riddick and Event Horizon are two of mine.
Event Horizon was a decent enough film in its day. I liked the Hellraiser influence especially.

I loved The Chronicles of Riddick when it came out, particularly the music, although I get the impression the extended cut – which I saw – is a vast improvement on the theatrical one.