Rank The Saw Movies

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
I can't find it now, but there's a clip of him shrieking on the phone where he busts out some incredibly high pitched voice. It's hysterical. He's a great actor, and I don't think it's much of a mark against a great actor to say that they can't scream and shriek and flip out, but he can't.
Yes!

This is the exact scene and line I was thinking off when I mentioned it! He yells his wife's name into the phone, and the look on his face and the delivery had me cracking the frak up.

I like all Saw movies except the last one. They forgot John Kramer's philosophy. The trap of Chester Bennington was terrible. And many more abysmal stuff...

WARNING: "Saw VII" spoilers below
The only good thing was seeing Jill die, especially because we can see the reverse beartrap working at last.

It wasn't the best series finale for sure, felt so rushed and like they were more concerned about throwing copious amounts of gore at the screen.

Can't believe in October in just four months from now the first Saw will be ten years old. Doesn't feel like it came out that long ago at all.

SAW II
SAW IV
SAW V
SAW
SAW III
SAW VI

And i also think i missed one, i just remember that they made one in 3d right?

Wonder if any Saw fans are here on Movie Forums. I know a lot of people don't care for them but the series is among my favorite Horror series and I love it as a whole. For the time it was something creative and fresh, and while one can argue the series wore out it's appeal over the course of so many sequels, it's impact on the genre is definitely there.

Any Saw fans here, how do you rank all seven movies of the set in your order of preference? For me they go:

Saw II
Saw
Saw VI
Saw V
Saw IV
Saw VII
Saw III
I've only seen the first 3. I'd rank the 2nd one as my favorite. By the 3rd film I could already tell the series was going downhill so I haven't bothered to watch any of the others yet, and that seems to be what the critics are saying too (I really hated how nearly half of Saw III was just made up of flashback scenes from the previous 2 films).

The series gets better after 3, so I'd give them a chance. 6 in particular is good but you'll be lost if you don't see 3-5 before it since those three have important plot points that 6 builds upon.

The ending to 7 was great, but the movie as a whole left so much to be desired. Six years of the series going strong and that was the best they could do for a series finale?

For any Saw fans, word on a possible eighth movie is that James Wan and Leigh Whannell (series creators) may not be involved with it. I'd rather have both back for the next movie if they can be involved.

Heads up to Saw fans here that a Blu-ray collection of all seven movies is coming out this September 23rd. No word on special features other than it's got the unrated cuts of all seven.

Heads up to Saw fans here that the original is getting re-released to theaters this October for the 10th anniversary. I never saw the original in theaters so I aim to remedy this for sure this October.

They're all pretty awful except the first, which coincidentally had the only director with some talent.
So my list would be:
Saw

...Then the rest are tied for last.

James Wan has certainly hit it big after Saw, with The Conjuring and the first two Insidious films, and he's got Fast & Furious 7 coming out next year.

To me, the SAW movies have always been fun and games (sorry for the pun), but most importantly the actual story of each movie and the main story throughout about Jigsaws past is what makes them work for me. It's not just mindless fun and yes it is indeed a gory series but fun Halloween horror movies that work as an interesting crime thriller as well.

Here is my ranking of the series...

1. Saw III - the epic finale of the first trilogy and the one in the series I once disliked but now really enjoy
2. Saw II - more traps and more gore, but the story is fun and twist is great though a little implausible
3. Saw VI - yes, this entry in the series is this high, mainly because it tackles a real problem with society and it was a fresh take on the long-running series
4. Saw - I'm sorry, but although a great little thriller the movie has lost its impact to me, and J. Wan is clearly finding his style here
5. Saw V - the main plot is silly but everything around it is quite interesting with Hoffman truly in the center of it all
6. Saw IV - once my favourite of the series but now with a rewatch I discovered how messy it really is, though with a decent twist

... And there is no such thing as a 7th film in the series