Kevin Spacey sexual advance accusations

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
for pete sake why did it should have corelation with harvey's? It was drunken gay, he did mistake on minor rifht when he was still literally, nobody in the industry!
And no ppl shouldnt silence about that what im not implied, just be wise, looking on perspectives rather than jump into some social media trial when every allegation came out
For petey's sake does that really have to be spoon fed to you? And what does drunken gay have to do with fiddling with a minor? Seriously??? You seem a lot younger and less aware of the world than I thought, and I seriously hope this never happens to you. The major question here at the moment was what the hell was a 26 year old doing inviting a young teen to his adult party, and where the hell were his caretakers. and why was that regarded as acceptable? Kevin cannot blame lack of intelligence and awareness in this situation. He has an IQ of over 137. Where were all the adults protcting the children? He made the moves in front of the whole room. No one should get away with ignoring the children and their treatment by adults or other bullies in our society, and that goes doubly so for, as you say, a no name actor at the time. Stop excusing such filthy behaviour.

OK I'll spoon feed you this morsel.

Weinstein's attempts to make the story go away proved feeble against the sheer avalanche of women accusing him of predatory behaviour.

News yesterday

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/480694...ations-oscars/

Oscar panel will be next, and so they should be.

I don't agree that he should be stripped of awards he's already won - and earned. Scumbag or not, he's a damn fine actor.
He's a fantastic actor, that's for sure.

I'm not sure where I stand on the awards conflict other than they cant be seen to be supporting and protecting a rockspider over a child. Do they physically take the awards away or just the win reputation? If they let him keep it on the mantelpiece he'll be happy enough because he likes young shiney things.

Taking away past awards is the silliest idea to me. Strip him of his Academy membership, absolutely - but don't try to alter history.

I think Rosie O'Donnell's tweet is pretty damning
Very disappointed, The Usual Suspects is in my top 10. I don't think it'll be long before there are more people coming forward
Does O'Donnell not realize that she is complicit in these acts by "always knowing" and keeping quiet???
I think it's probably "rumours heard" kind of thing? I haven't seen the follow up tweet

For petey's sake does that really have to be spoon fed to you? And what does drunken gay have to do with fiddling with a minor? Seriously??? You seem a lot younger and less aware of the world than I thought,
and I seriously hope this never happens to you.
a stranger grab my dick when i was a kid. You mean that kind of traumatic thing?

The major question here at the moment was what the hell was a 26 year old doing inviting a young teen to his adult party, and where the hell were his caretakers. and why was that regarded as acceptable? Kevin cannot blame lack of intelligence and awareness in this situation. He has an IQ of over 137. Where were all the adults protcting the children? He made the moves in front of the whole room. No one should get away with ignoring the children and their treatment by adults or other bullies in our society, and that goes doubly so for, as you say, a no name actor at the time. Stop excusing such filthy behaviour.
im not excusing such behavior, i choose and suggesting not to overreact, sole judgementalism because of all those harvey's hysteria circus, at least let the whole story and detail flow first rather than went tantrum, speculate and dramatize the way you did.
Things that i see/read
- why did he accept the invitation? We can speculate lot about that start with the innocent of teenage and lack of parent concern regard these "adult" party. 70s was so close with 80s
- that inteligent being was drunk that even the guy anthony noticed/acknowledged it.
- everyone already went home when thing happen
- then as been said with such drunken-ness+his excellent IQ he "seku hara" a minor. thought it different term with pedo and sexual assault
And,
- so far he still didnt rape anybody, or there more storm and revelation will come after this? Who know
- he blunder with damage control
- he's gay, unlikely a pedo

OK I'll spoon feed you this morsel.
Weinstein's attempts to make the story go away proved feeble against the sheer avalanche of women accusing him of predatory behaviour.
eee what da...
I think we go other way here. Im not being dismissive or unsupportive, if that what you think, then.... whatever.

]a stranger grab my dick when i was a kid. You mean that kind of traumatic thing?
That's terrible. Did anyone protect you and call the scumbag out? If not maybe that's why your words in this thread indicate you're excusing the sleeze in this thread.

im not excusing such behavior, i choose and suggesting not to overreact, sole judgementalism because of all those harvey's hysteria circus, at least let the whole story and detail flow first rather than went tantrum, speculate and dramatize the way you did.
So you re not overreacting but the rest of the world is? That's nice. So is this. went tantrum, speculate and dramatize the way you did. Batters eyelashes I have man child to guide me in life. I have never seen this side of your personality before.

Things that i see/read
- why did he accept the invitation? We can speculate lot about that start with the innocent of teenage and lack of parent concern regard these "adult" party. 70s was so close with 80s
- that inteligent being was drunk that even the guy anthony noticed/acknowledged it.
- everyone already went home when thing happen
- then as been said with such drunken-ness+his excellent IQ he "seku hara" a minor. thought it different term with pedo and sexual assault
And,
- so far he still didnt rape anybody, or there more storm and revelation will come after this? Who know
- he blunder with damage control
- he's gay, unlikely a pedo

eee what da...
I think we go other way here. Im not being dismissive or unsupportive, if that what you think, then.... whatever.[/quote]

I've not seen anyone make that claim. If he was so drunk (yeah right) he cant remember it happening then he didnt have an upstanding member to do anything with.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I really haven't thought much about that. I don't honestly know where I stand on a company letting someone go for what that person does in their personal life. I get the need to distance to save public opinion by association or even remove the individual from service, but I don't know where those lines are. For example, I don't like the idea of firing a school teaching for posting swimsuit pics on her personal Facebook account. Both are in the personal domain and unrelated to the employer. I generally think that whatever the matter is should be dealt with between those directly involved rather than being tossed to the masses, judged on public opinion. But that is also what our society is, apparently. I mean, the knee-jerk judgment of those we know nothing about. It's who we are. Celebrity scandals draw lines, and we all take one side or another even when completely ignorant to the facts. I'm typing broadly and not really spotlighting the Spacey deal here, though his situation does fall into that gradient somewhere.

I do not think I agree with taking accomplishments away. Does his alleged action(s?) change his performance? Does it make him any less talented as an actor? Does removing his award status actually protect someone from assault? Does awarding recognition condone and glorify abuse? I guess one could argue that by preventing one from reaching a certain status might reduce the likelihood of that person feeling powerful enough to force their will onto others in some way or another, but can one actually negate or encourage core behavior of an individual? Or is this another example of momentary outrage to placate the masses without ever bothering to address larger issues, as is the case so many time? Again, I am not typing specific to Spacey.

Oh well. I just got called into a conference, so my apologies if this rambled on without a point. I'm just typing as thoughts come up. As I noted already, I have not given this much thought before now so I do not have a side yet to stand on.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

**** Kevin Spacey.
The only reason he decided to come out now is to make his crime looks less innocent and that he's just "embracing his sexuality".

Coming out is a very serious thing for many people, and should never be exploited to get away scot free in a sex crime.
I think it's remarkably honest, it's not like he decided to come out now or he's done himself any favours, neither has he tried to deny it to give the accusation less credibility, not exploiting it and has not been proved guilty of a sex crime and nobody is going to give him an easier time because he is gay.

That's terrible. Did anyone protect you and call the scumbag out? If not maybe that's why your words in this thread indicate you're excusing the sleeze in this thread.
Cant be sure the detail but the guy i remember was selling toys thing like that and you know it attract kids, sound creepy?
But we didnt rep him as my friends also grabbed. It shocking but we didnt knew and realize how huge the deal or anything about, luckily only once kind of encounter and not went too far. Friends just laughing about and i just went that pattern rather than report it
To see it from now the guy is very likely gay but sexually repressive, and the way i see why ppl just poked him around, laugh, insult his behaviour, yeah ironically we sort of end to bully him, thing that he can:t do much about. The rest of story idk the guy whereabout be dead or something
So yeah i was morally sleezy too, im no longer human myself.

So you re not overreacting but the rest of the world is? That's nice.
Yeah. It's not like the rest of the world was right neither do i. Hence the absurd

I have never seen this side of your personality before.
your welcome dani

I'm really sorry you had to experience that, reso, but very glad you were with your friends. Please dont drop yourself to his level. And yes ofcourse the creeps choose things like toys for attracting young people to prey on (the same as nicking some pet owners dog) as an open door policy. Same with getting a licence for the playground icecream van.

When I was at boarding school which is on the sydney foreshores and down by the visiting navy ports an american guy used to turn up every second night right on clockwork as we were out on the blcony havng a post dinner cigarette. Within a minute his best friend would be out swinging in the breeze.
Did we feel traumtised? Not in the least, just sad when he got booted from the navy but they simply dont tolerate that behaviour and that's a good thing

Regardless of the accusations and the scandal, I still think Kevin Spacey is an outstanding actor, and will still consider American Beauty as one of my all-time favorite movies.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Was gonna ask what time the lynching was due to start but I see it already has.

Was gonna ask what time the lynching was due to start but I see it already has.
Days ago, my good mn. Wakey wakey. I know the rest of ireland hasnt slept through this

re the comments on why it's coming out now - same as every answer to that. Everyone was always gagged. That's the perfection of the cone of silence, whether the perps were forced to pay compo or otherwise in order to to hurt the bastards and try to prevent it again. To those who rammed ashley judd for being a crazy human rights' advocate, do you really think any of this would have come out without her speaking out initially?

Days ago, my good mn. Wakey wakey. I know the rest of ireland hasnt slept through this
Not sure it would even be possible to sleep through all the high dudgeon, pitchforks and torches tbh

It's Halloween after all.
Indeed it is, on the plus side at least the stakes will still be available for firewood should the winter prove to be a harsh one

Indeed it is, on the plus side at least the stakes will still be available for firewood should the winter prove to be a harsh one
And the Bopps I mean... Witchfynder Generals.

Not sure it would even be possible to sleep through all the high dudgeon, pitchforks and torches tbh

Ah good point. Wood cracking away in fireplaces would be almost as noisy as big kev crying out he got outted on one nasty incident 30 years ago. Wait for the rest.He hasnt denied it to those who feel bad for him.

Infact, he apologised IF it did which was nothing - being legless drunk is not an excuse for anything.