Horror Movies

Tools    

I like horror films, because most of them arn't scary and more funny even if it's not supossed to be.
Then theres just really bad horrors i can't stand like blair witch just can't understand why people like it so much, 3 annoying teenagers get lost in the woods, decide to ran around in a house for some reason and get clubbed around the head, how supernatural.
I often find myself wanting the good guys to die beacuse their so damn annyoing.
Theres lots of insperation around yet theres just bad film after bad, i ask myself how someone could go wrong with vampires? Most films about them are rubbish.
There are a lot of horror i like tho i just didn't want to make a long list, but filmakers arn't even trying anymore.
You can just put in a bunch of teens/marines/an experditon, insert madman/monster/ghost, running around in a wood/small town/mansion, and you can describe almost any horror film.

definition- any media which is intentionally and thoroughly stomach-churning or fear-inducing; poor attempts at this can be classified as horror-comedy, or sometimes, B-horror

that good?

Originally Posted by OG-
One movie that gets no love that I love to death (and so far almost everyone here I've recommended it too) is Dead End. I would say it is worth a blind buy, but it is certainly worth a rent (and most places should have it). It is a hoot of a horror movie and I think you'll really like it.
I almost rented that once but didn't. I will definitely check it out now, as well as The Last Horror Movie, which has caught my eye but I didn't rent it/buy it. The others you mentioned I'll find too.

Originally Posted by Kesson_Daslef
I'm not sure if there is already a thread about this, but what the heck.I'm a big fan of the horror genre especially the old ones(all the new horror movies suck except for House of a Thousand Corpses and The Devil Rejects), but I was just wondering if anyone else is fan of the horror genre.
I am a Fan of Horror Movies i Like House Of Wax anD hollow Man because they Both of Good Casts Actors abd acctresss in What do you think do you or agree or disagree with me.

The Fat of the Mailbox
I love horror movies, their always good for a laugh.

Bride Of Billie
I'm a huge horror fan! (except for those containing clowns) I even have a 6 foot jason Voorhees standee in my room. But more than that...I'm a SAW freak. Which is my fave horror film and has been the only movie I've been watching for the past 3 months.

Originally Posted by Jill
I'm a SAW Freak. Which is my fave horror film and has been the only movie I've been watching for the past 3 months.

I think horror films are loosing there scare, they was good when such horror films was out like the shining or psycho. But the most recent scary films has to be creep or descent.
cheers

Originally Posted by oliman
I think horror films are loosing there scare, they was good when such horror films was out like the shining or psycho. But the most recent scary films has to be creep or descent.
cheers
I have to agree. The horror genre has certainly lost it's oomph...

American Horror Film directors in recent years have been relying on buckets of blood and cheap jump scares instead of a great atmospheric creepy stories, look at on eof my favorite movies The Shining that whole hotel scared the hell outta you throughout the movie.
Sayin the entire genre has lost its edge in recent years just isn't true, Asian film makers have been making great horror movies in recent years definitly check out many Asian movies if your a horror fan

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Originally Posted by The Taxi Driver
Sayin the entire genre has lost its edge in recent years just isn't true, Asian film makers have been making great horror movies in recent years definitly check out many Asian movies if your a horror fan
Asian horror movies are a breath of fresh air for someone who loves horror, but if you watch more than 4 or 5, you've seen 'em all. In a lot of ways they're worse than American horror in that every film that comes after a success is just a clone of its predecessor. They're original to our standards, but if you look at them in the realm of their native countries, they're all the same and equally derivative of the movies that came before.

I actually just wrote up a little rant about my opinion (half jokingly) as to what happened to horror. Breasts killed it.

I found 2001 Maniacs, a new horror film starring Robert Englund and Lin Shaye, to be better than I expected and was quite entertaining. Not scary at all, but kinda bloody, if that's what you mainly go for in horror films.

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity
I found 2001 Maniacs, a new horror film starring Robert Englund and Lin Shaye, to be better than I expected and was quite entertaining. Not scary at all, but kinda bloody, if that's what you mainly go for in horror films.

I recently rented that one, a fun little film and let's face it, Robert Englund has still got it. Bloody, funny, and overwhelmingly cheesy, 2001 Maniacs is worth 90 minutes on a Saturday night.

Originally Posted by Captain Driftwood
I recently rented that one, a fun little film and let's face it, Robert Englund has still got it. Bloody, funny, and overwhelmingly cheesy, 2001 Maniacs is worth 90 minutes on a Saturday night.
Or a Friday night, which is when I rented it.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity
I hated it, but that's just me. I've grown tired of horror movies that don't really exert any originality and just go with what's worked.

Originally Posted by OG-
I hated it, but that's just me. I've grown tired of horror movies that don't really exert any originality and just go with what's worked.
I liked it mostly for all the wrong, stupid reasons - the gay stuff, the male nudity, the silly song Lin Shaye sings before she killed that girl with the bell ("Go, China Girl! Cute Butt! Perky little breasts! Oooh, I want one..."), the crazy lines of dialog ("She's so hot I'd eat the peanuts right out of her *****" - WTF??), the sexy, short haired chick with the monster mouth, and just the overall silliness of the film itself.

Anyone Seen...

A great horror movie for the 80's

The Fabulous Sausage Man
Just saw Session 9 for the first time - absolutely brilliant. Easily my favourite modern horror film so far.

I just saw See No Evil the other day. It starts out really slow and the early kills are quite unimpressive to say the least. However if you can brave that, then the last half of the movie is gruesome gory fun.