Great Films that have little or no re-watch value?

Tools    

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Clarify?
Do you mean a film that was great on first viewing but would not be as interesting with a second view due to knowing the plot points? Or do you mean great, but just difficult to watch a second time because of subject matter?

The Road was a great movie but I cannot watch it because it is too exhausting, emotionally.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Clarify?
Do you mean a film that was great on first viewing but would not be as interesting with a second view due to knowing the plot points? Or do you mean great, but just difficult to watch a second time because of subject matter?

The Road was a great movie but I cannot watch it because it is too exhausting, emotionally.
Either. The reasoning would be just interesting, too.

Welcome to the human race...
John Wick franchise. Oh wait, it is not even a GREAT film.
Ah, give it a rest. You're just making yourself look petty at this point.

Ah, give it a rest. You're just making yourself look petty at this point.
Agreed. I don't remember a single one of that guys posts that don't mention how bad John Wick is.

Anyway for me it's...

I think it's outstanding and important and i'm very glad i watched the whole thing. 9 and a half hours of Holocaust Interviews aren't something i feel like doing multiple times in my life though so i doubt i'll ever see the full thing again.

Vice President
358 Exchange Place New York, N.Y. 10099 FAX 212 555 6390 TELEX : () 4534

movies can be okay...
Watched Requiem about 4 or 5 times.
I watched it more than 5 times XD
"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Visually spectacular 3D movies. Not so great on a 2D rewatch for me. eg I loved Gravity in the cinema. Rewatching at home was disappointing. Same for Avatar.

I've seen it more than a few times. I think it's worth at least a 2nd watch for anyone who forgets that drugs are... bad.