Song Tournament #19

Tools    

Once we get Christine's extra nom, this tourney will begin!
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

ROUND 1 DAY 1

2-Ice-T-New Jack Hustler VS. 3-The Kinks - Living on a Thin Line-I love The Kinks but I'm not a big fan of that song.

2-The 5th Dimension-Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In VS. 5-Roots Manuva ft Chali 2na - Join The Dots-Hippie power!

7-gugun blues shelter - set my soul on fire VS. 1-Weezer - Island in the Sun-Close call, I liked both.

2-The Go Go's-Head Over Heels VS. 1-Toto - Africa-Battle of the 80's is no contest for me.

1-Tom Petty - You Don't Know How it Feels VS. 4-U2 - With Or Without You-Both are excellent songs.

4-USA for Africa - We are the World VS. 7-Alice In Chains - Rooster-Rooster is not a huge favorite of mine, but this was still an easy call.

6-Maxine Nightingale-Right Back Where We Started From VS. 4-Nik Kershaw - The Riddle *Alt. Link-The second song never had a chance.

4-Cyndi Lauper - Time After Time VS. 3-A Tribe Called Quest - Electric Relaxation-I'm not the biggest fan of the first, but it's still a very good song.

2-Ice-T-New Jack Hustler VS. 3-The Kinks - Living on a Thin Line like both of these

2-The 5th Dimension-Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In VS. 5-Roots Manuva ft Chali 2na - Join The Dots - Join The Dots is such a tune, how can you be voting for that hippy dippy stuff (only joshing with you Cricket, I know you're sitting listening in your kaftan)

7-gugun blues shelter - set my soul on fire VS. 1-Weezer - Island in the Sun - woo I like that, funky!

2-The Go Go's-Head Over Heels
VS. 1-Toto - Africa

1-Tom Petty - You Don't Know How it Feels VS. 4-U2 - With Or Without You
forced to vote for U2, for shame

4-USA for Africa - We are the World VS. 7-Alice In Chains - Rooster

6-Maxine Nightingale-Right Back Where We Started From VS. 4-Nik Kershaw - The Riddle *Alt. Link - aww Maxine's a blast from the past , great song

4-Cyndi Lauper - Time After Time VS. 3-A Tribe Called Quest - Electric Relaxation love that!

2-Ice-T-New Jack Hustler VS. 3-The Kinks - Living on a Thin Line

2-The 5th Dimension-Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In VS. 5-Roots Manuva ft Chali 2na - Join The Dots

7-gugun blues shelter - set my soul on fire VS. 1-Weezer - Island in the Sun

2-The Go Go's-Head Over Heels VS. 1-Toto - Africa

6-Maxine Nightingale-Right Back Where We Started From VS. 4-Nik Kershaw - The Riddle *Alt. Link

4-Cyndi Lauper - Time After Time VS. 3-A Tribe Called Quest - Electric Relaxation

3-The Kinks - Living on a Thin Line

5-Roots Manuva ft Chali 2na - Join The Dots

7-gugun blues shelter - set my soul on fire --- not expect the matchup, island in the sun was one of some that i liked from the weezer

1-Toto - Africa

1-Tom Petty - You Don't Know How it Feels

7-Alice In Chains - Rooster

6-Maxine Nightingale-Right Back Where We Started From

3- A Tribe Called Quest - Electric Relaxation

2-Ice-T-New Jack Hustler VS. 3-The Kinks - Living on a Thin Line
Both are good

2-The 5th Dimension-Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In VS. 5-Roots Manuva ft Chali 2na - Join The Dots
Both are good

7-gugun blues shelter - set my soul on fire VS. 1-Weezer - Island in the Sun
Weezer song is a much better song

2-The Go Go's-Head Over Heels VS. 1-Toto - Africa
Go Go's have better songs. Toto has no better songs than Africa.

Love both, but Tom Petty is just a cooler guy than all of US combined, and his songs have swagger

Love both, but Rooster is one of my favorite songs by AIC

6-Maxine Nightingale-Right Back Where We Started From VS. 4-Nik Kershaw - The Riddle *Alt. Link
Not big on either, but that first one is recognizable

4-Cyndi Lauper - Time After Time VS. 3-A Tribe Called Quest - Electric Relaxation
Time After Time is one of my all-time favorite tunes

3-Funkadelic - One Nation Under a Groove VS. 1-Sheryl Crow - Leaving Las Vegas
I love Sheryl Crow!

1-Loggins & Messina - House at Pooh Corner VS. 6-Cheap Trick-California Man
House at Pooh Corner has always been one of my favorites. Such a beautiful song!

7-Pearl Jam - Do the Evolution VS. 2-Talk Talk-It's My Life
Pearl Jam FTW

5-Mungo's Hi Fi ft.Top Cat - Herbalist VS. 7-Mudhoney- Sweet Young Thing Ain't Sweet No More
Not crazy about either, but Mungo's song was kinda groovy

7-The Velvet Undergound - Oh! Sweet Nuthin' VS. 3-Yes - Roundabout
Great match-up, and the winner is Velvet

5-Ambros Seelos - Joker VS. 6-Foghat-Fool For the City
Easy choice for me

3-Saint Etienne - Wood Cabin VS. 2-The Doors-Twentieth Century Fox
First song was great, but not strong enough to beat Jim Morrison and co.

2-Sublime-April 26, 1992 VS. 4-Peter Gabriel - In Your Eyes
First is a solid tune, but that Peter Gabriel song is way too damn special

3-Funkadelic - One Nation Under a Groove

6-Cheap Trick-California Man

7-Pearl Jam - Do the Evolution

7-Mudhoney- Sweet Young Thing Ain't Sweet No More

7-The Velvet Undergound - Oh! Sweet Nuthin'
--- epic clash T_T

5-Ambros Seelos - Joker --- i quiet enjoyed this kind of stuff lately

3-Saint Etienne - Wood Cabin --- not an easy choice

2-Sublime-April 26, 1992 --- a quiet bit for sublime

3-Funkadelic - One Nation Under a Groove VS. 1-Sheryl Crow - Leaving Las Vegas

5-Mungo's Hi Fi ft.Top Cat - Herbalist VS. 7-Mudhoney- Sweet Young Thing Ain't Sweet No More

5-Ambros Seelos - Joker VS. 6-Foghat-Fool For the City

3-Saint Etienne - Wood Cabin VS. 2-The Doors-Twentieth Century Fox

3-Funkadelic - One Nation Under a Groove VS. 1-Sheryl Crow - Leaving Las Vegas Love Funkadelic

5-Mungo's Hi Fi ft.Top Cat - Herbalist VS. 7-Mudhoney- Sweet Young Thing Ain't Sweet No More if Herbalist don't get you up skankin' then there's summat wrong with you!

5-Ambros Seelos - Joker VS. 6-Foghat-Fool For the City - Joker is such a tight little 2.20 mins, packs it in, great tune

3-Saint Etienne - Wood Cabin VS. 2-The Doors-Twentieth Century Fox - not listened to much St Etienne, but I like Wood Cabin

ROUND 1 DAY 2

3-Funkadelic - One Nation Under a Groove VS. 1-Sheryl Crow - Leaving Las Vegas-Close, I like them both ok.

1-Loggins & Messina - House at Pooh Corner VS. 6-Cheap Trick-California Man-I like music I can crank loud and get hyped to, and the first just isn't that type of song.

7-Pearl Jam - Do the Evolution VS. 2-Talk Talk-It's My Life-I liked the first a little too.

5-Mungo's Hi Fi ft.Top Cat - Herbalist VS. 7-Mudhoney- Sweet Young Thing Ain't Sweet No More-I was hoping I'd vote for the first because it's not something I'd normally vote for and I liked it. The other was too rocking.

7-The Velvet Undergound - Oh! Sweet Nuthin' VS. 3-Yes - Roundabout-This was close. I normally don't care for Yes, but that's one of their songs I like.

5-Ambros Seelos - Joker VS. 6-Foghat-Fool For the City-Not a big fan if instrumentals, but that was a real good one. I just like the other more.

3-Saint Etienne - Wood Cabin VS. 2-The Doors-Twentieth Century Fox-The first was excellent, but it's up against one of my favorite songs from one of my favorite bands, and one of the songs I used to play on the jukebox for wifey.

2-Sublime-April 26, 1992 VS. 4-Peter Gabriel - In Your Eyes-A song I love that's not my usual taste against a rare classic that I've never liked.