New Willy Wonka Trailer

Tools    

Grab on to your nuts cuz its hilarious. Talk about looking queer...

http://movies.yahoo.com/movies/featu...tefactory.html

Jack-of-all-Trades
Yeah, i saw the trailer on yahoo, and let me just say, that I hope to god that song isnt in the actual movie. As for the content... its looks, well, interesting. I think it would be worth the watch. The only major problems I have, is making Wonka look like an imbosile, and grandpa joe looking like George Burns come back to life. Anyway, looks pretty cool. Cant wait to see the next trailer. Oh yeah, and did anyone notice while everything else was diferent, the wonka bars still look the same. Cool stuff.

Oh, yes. There will be blood....
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

I hate to say it but it looks pretty bad and the bad thing is, there are very few times that when you first get a look at the movie and are not impressed that it actually turns out good.

Lord of the Idiots!
This looks like a movie i would see for one reason... Depp. The guy can turn any crap into a watchable movie.

eekkk...I don't know. I want to like it.

They were gonna cast Chirstopher Walking instead of Jonny Depp, I wish they had!

Someone Save Us College Kids
I wil always like the Gene Wilder charecter better. He put Willy Wonka through his own point of veiw. Much like Depp but its not working for him.

Meh, Just by watching that clip I can already tell(Hopefully Im right) that Johnny Depp is not that right person to play Willy Wonka....Just weird..The whole new generation goth looking Wonka is a bit weird..

For whatever reason, when I watch this trailer and listen to the lyrics of the song that covers it, I can't help but get an inkling (if only based on the fact that it's Burton) that this might be some sort of red herring to what will turn out to be a much darker film. The song sounds to me like some sort of theme song for Willy Wonka Chocolate; not the movie, but what a character in the movie might hear if he or she was to watch a Willy Wonka commercial through a television store window. Does this make any sense? I hope so, for the sake of the film.

Not sure about Depp's look. Seems a bit too polished and, well, young.
What can we gain by sailing to the moon if we are not able to cross the abyss that separates us from ourselves? This is the most important of all voyages of discovery, and without it, all the rest are not only useless, but disastrous... - Thomas Merton

I think it looks good, Doesn't matter to me, im a fan through and through. So i'll be first in line to see it when its out.

The Reaping 7/10
Transformers 8.5/10
Flight of the Living Dead 6/10
The Invisible 6/10
Return to House on Haunted Hill 1/10
Planet Terror 8/10
A Mighty Heart 7/10

I am Jack's Smirking Revenge
haha, WTF i cant believe depp agreed to look like that, the movie does look pretty cool though, and yea, i really hope that song isnt part of the movie :/

Willy Wonka looks gothic roffles

Registered Loser.
i reckon the song is gonna be the theme used in an advert inside the movie as opposed to the theme for the movie, considering danny elfman is doing the music, who is a complete genius. (nightmare before christmas) i think this movie is gonna be great, and i think it'll be pretty dark all told, with burton at the helm. for me it all rests on how he does the oompa-loompas. :P

Aparantly there are to be no songs in the film at all. Which is a relief after watching that. I think Johhny Depp is one of the best actors of his generation but he seems to be the wrong choice for the role. He never impresses me when he tries to act cheerful, I like him better when he keeps it tongue in cheek.

For the screenplay to make sense for casting such a young person to play the aging, retiring Wonka, he would have to be jakked up with plastic surgery, likely for his character to retain his youth as long as he can like Peter Pan or something. If that's what Burton did, that ain't too bad to tell the truth and could make a good reinvisioning of CATCF. I just hope to God that's what it is because that's the only way this movie won't be a complete joke.

Randomly visiting for now
Originally Posted by Gustavoman
that this might be some sort of red herring to what will turn out to be a much darker film.
I got that feeling too, specially with the gothic look of Depp. I think it's still too early to determine anything from a trailer like that because it doesn't really give any kind of theme away. There's funny bits, dark parts and a potentially freaky song if put to the right images. A bit disjointed maybe, the next trailer will likely be a bit more clear about it's intentions.

Unless it's intended to be unclear which is slightly IMO

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
when i first heard they were doing a remake of Willy Wonka starring Johnny Depp, I thought about it and was like "I can see him owning that character!" but when I pictured him in my head, I pictured him to look soooo much different than in that trailor. i think depp could have done so much better.

christ, and i haven't even seen the movie yet!

A system of cells interlinked
Quite possibly the most annoying music I have ever heard.