big little movies

Tools    

This is Bat Country!
I highly recommend the movie Serenity, which is a continuation of the t.v. show Firefly
and the movie Equilibrium, they are among my favorite movies, yet did quite poorly at the box office
Totally agree with both of these, Serenity was great and Equilibrium is one of my favourites too, Christian Bale can do no wrong in my eyes! The film should of done better at the box office, shame it was a flop.

Id have to add Ned Kelly to this list. I thought the film was brilliant, Orlando Bloom normally a dry actor who in my opinion is better when he doesnt say much was actually good and Heath Ledger as always brilliant, should of done better at the box office, you would of thought it would have seeing as though teen heart throb names were attached to it, you can imagine hormonally imbalanced teenage girls seeing it and raking in the money for it!

Ned Kelly was never widely released here or commercialized like it should have been. I believe this was Australia's biggest hit that year. It was promoted here as a foreign film in America and got labeled as an Indie type film.

But I loved it and own it. Every time I watch it I ask myself how no one knows about this but yet American Outlaws makes it big...

Hah, Partimus, I loved that too (I want my $2)

Coincidentally, the paper kid, played by Yano Anaya is also the bully's toady in:

A Christmas Story

Which is most definitley known by all and loved by most and grossed only $19m in box office spoils.
I'd never heard of this film, till my friend in America went on about how loved it is over there. Then she sent me a copy and it is lovely I agree.

fbi
Also not really sure why we have to name or recommend them if they're already known and loved by everybody.
u know what i mean anyway. Just small movies that are good but need wider recognition.

Paid In Full
Cable Guy
The F word
Employee Of The Month
I don't know.
Is it Captain Howdy?