What Is The Most Disturbing Film?

Tools    

IRREVERSIBLE
hands down

I am a glorified ape.
Originally Posted by totalacid1
well the most disturbing film ive ever seen is a film called exercutions well its self explanitory but the film goes on to show different types of
what is an "exercution"?

I am a glorified ape.
Originally Posted by UrielMovie
I think anyone who says House of a Thousand Corpses is not disturbing, is either lying to appear cool, or a little disturbed themselves.
The only thing I find disturbing about House of 1000 Corpses is that people actually liked the film even though it was so derivative of so many other horror movies, especially the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

I am a glorified ape.
Originally Posted by Nitzer
You forgot to mention that it's TCM REMAKE. The original sucked balls.
The original changed horror movies forever. The remake subscribed to the horror-movie formula. Also... it's set in the 1970's...yet the kids in the movie are dressed in contemporary clothing, with contemporary hair-styles. "Brilliant".

The mere fact that they hired a body-builder to play Leatherface shows that the makers of this film were way off base. Body building, in our society, is a sign of beauty and health. The original Leatherface was a fat, bloated, disgusting creature. This being a metaphor for his mental state.

The original made you feel like you were there by creating a documentary-style feel. Also, the score was incredibly unsettling. The twisting of screws in your mind.

Finally... what the cast and crew went through on the last day of filming created so much tension and discomfort, it stains the film. It infects the viewer with filth and disgust.

The remake had none of this. It had no originality. It pushed no envelopes. I mean... it's 30 years later... and do they even show anybody getting killed? NO! Every murder is done just off-screen. How incredibly lame. If you're going to update a movie... you have to go where the original wasn't willing to go.

Registered Loser.
battle royale freaked me out, the japanese version. the emotional factor with the kids just wasting each other on sight and the gore was pretty in your face too. amazing film though.

Registered Loser.
oh yeah, a clockwork orange was a bit of a mind f**k too.

I am a glorified ape.
Originally Posted by capn king
battle royale freaked me out, the japanese version.
The Japanese version? Was there another version?

Battle Royale 2 - freaked me out cos of how crappy it was. Must be the worse sequel ever.

Ju-On The Grudge scared me a lot. There's freaky sounds on that dvd that do your head in.

Originally Posted by kevinkelly
The original changed horror movies forever. The remake subscribed to the horror-movie formula. Also... it's set in the 1970's...yet the kids in the movie are dressed in contemporary clothing, with contemporary hair-styles. "Brilliant".

The original made you feel like you were there by creating a documentary-style feel. Also, the score was incredibly unsettling. The twisting of screws in your mind.

Finally... what the cast and crew went through on the last day of filming created so much tension and discomfort, it stains the film. It infects the viewer with filth and disgust.

The remake had none of this. It had no originality. It pushed no envelopes. I mean... it's 30 years later... and do they even show anybody getting killed? NO! Every murder is done just off-screen. How incredibly lame. If you're going to update a movie... you have to go where the original wasn't willing to go.
Now with all that said, it still doesnt have to appeal to another as it does you. I hated the original. It appears like the work of a bunch of film students doing their first movie for their teacher to grade. I remember the first time i watched it on video after hearing over the years how terrifiying it was. When it was finished it i said "that's it?" It did nothing for me. Never has and never will. The remake is my favorite thus so far.

The mere fact that they hired a body-builder to play Leatherface shows that the makers of this film were way off base. Body building, in our society, is a sign of beauty and health. The original Leatherface was a fat, bloated, disgusting creature. This being a metaphor for his mental state.
His big body along with his twisted mind gave him a strong presense. If he was ripped and oiled up it would be another matter. He wasn't. He was a big man covered up. If i saw a fat little dirty man coming at me with a chainsaw i would have more confidence in taking him on than the 250 pounder in the remake. I personally know some big guys who have never had to work out. They just have the natural genetics. Now give these same guys a disfigured face along with years of mental abuse and you have some dangerous looking chaps.

As far as disturbing goes... This was one of the only movies that took me by surprise when I saw it...

Shatter Dead

The movie on a whole was your basic low budget, undead, gore flick, until the end...

The lead actress (Stark Raven) takes out her trusty 9mm and starts pleasuring herself with the gun, in full frame of the camera... No cuts or anything... I really wasn't expecting that.

Originally Posted by mikeCGP

The lead actress (Stark Raven) takes out her trusty 9mm and starts pleasuring herself with the gun, in full frame of the camera... No cuts or anything.

blue velvet
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.-A Fistful of Dollars

''last house on the left'' is probably the most disturbing ive ever seen

http://www.slasherama.biz/images/rev.../lasthouse.jpg

ive also heard that ''pet cemetery'' and and ''i spit on your grave'', which from what i hear sounds just like ''last house on the left''

i recommend it though, its good if you like disturbing horror sh*t

Top 5 Most Disturbing

1-"Boys on the Side" - sad, twisted, offensive, sickening, depressing.
2-"Kids"-horrifying, twisted, nauseating, appalling.
3-"Monster"-sad, chilling, sickening.
4-"My Life"-saddest thing I could have ever imagined - I'm still depressed.
5-"Space Cowboys" - just and awful story - or lack there of.

= DISTURBING

original texas chainsaw
kids
bully
blair witch 1
schindlers list
passion of the christ
natural born killers

Appy-polly-loggies
My Top 5 most Disturbing movie's
1-Clockwork Orange
2-American History x
3-Requiem for a Dream
4-Pie
5-Soylent Green---- They are PEOPLE!!!!!

Saving Private Ryan disturbed me for a few days after viewing it.

My Nieghbor Del Torro
Enough said