How About A God Movie That Makes Sense?

Tools    

Originally Posted by 2wrongs
This is only half true. .
See http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/

The Catholic Church in the 4th century A.D. selected the specific four for their own purposes.

I do not wish to dispute the validity of Jesus here.

Jesus has been appropriately called the "Son of God" and "Prince of Peace". We are often reminded of the teachings of Jesus whose words have survived two millennia. His disciples kept him alive in the memories of all who heard and believed his words. They, as well as other "Men of God" who contributed to the compilation of the scriptures of the Bible, were inspired by God to give us guidelines to live by.

My dispute is with the prejudicial, exclusive method of portraying the Christian faith.

Originally Posted by chicagofrog
my opinion is...
I sincerely thank you for your frank opinion & will I will attempt to deflate my ego...but I have been given a mission to complete & only a few years left to accomplish it...mainly an attempt at religious rationality...your suggestions are very helpful....thanks

Official Sacrifice to Holden Pike
Originally Posted by kkawohl
No thanks. I don't like getting my biblical information off the internet. Just a turn off for me.

The Catholic Church in the 4th century A.D. selected the specific four for their own purposes.
Yeah, I know. I'm not Catholic (not that there's anything wrong with it) so I disagree with a lot of what the Catholic church did back in the day to keep their thumb firmly pressed on the people. I don't know about them selecting those four books, I do know they left some books out and included some books after the basic Bible that we still read today, was put together.

I do not wish to dispute the validity of Jesus here.
Good.

Jesus has been appropriately called the "Son of God" and "Prince of Peace". We are often reminded of the teachings of Jesus whose words have survived two millennia. His disciples kept him alive in the memories of all who heard and believed his words. They, as well as other "Men of God" who contributed to the compilation of the scriptures of the Bible, were inspired by God to give us guidelines to live by.
He's either a liar, a lunatic, or who He said He was. We can rule out "liar" because you'd have to have a good reason to lie all the way to a death sentance and humiliation, not to mention stringing these disciples along and leading them down a road to execution.
We can rule out lunatic because there isn't any evidence of other strange behavior in the Bible. He didn't talk to "people in his mind" or rant and rave or inflict bodily injury on Himself or have conflicting stories about who He is, where he came from...yes the miracles are quite strange and unbelievable but there were always witnesses and testimony. He didn't come running over to people and say," Guess what I just did!"
So He is who He said He was.

My dispute is with the prejudicial, exclusive method of portraying the Christian faith.
Please explain.

history *is* moralizing
I sincerely thank you for your frank opinion & will I will attempt to deflate my ego...but I have been given a mission to complete & only a few years left to accomplish it...mainly an attempt at religious rationality...your suggestions are very helpful....thanks
nice.
what i meant is we all have an ego thru which our opinions go and are expressed. for me, the only help to transcend it is rightly those rules you criticized so much. problem is, when they're imposed upon you and you cannot choose (like in some political/religious regimes), but once one has chosen, one is not a slave since one has chosen to obey rules that are helping to forget/overwhelm/vanquish one's ego.
too many people would follow this religion A but don't accept not to eat meat, and take other elements from religion B cuz they find 'em nice and reject a given religion C since it's their parents' etc etc... what, in one person, makes these judgments? if not the ego?
that is what has to be transcended.

Arresting your development
...but I have been given a mission
That made me think of these guys...

You see, we're on a mission from God.

history *is* moralizing
Originally Posted by Anonymous Last
Anonymous... i knew it!!

So He is who He said He was.

Please explain, "My dispute is with the prejudicial, exclusive method of portraying the Christian faith".
All religions have the same goals & all who live righteously will achieve it, whether they believe Jesus was a God when he lived on earth or not. Jesus is now a part of God, as are other souls. Jesus never required to be worshiped by man.

The Scenario

The souls of a Rabbi, a Christian minister, and a Islamic cleric appeared at the gates of heaven at the same time and they eye each other suspiciously. St. Peter (the gatekeeper) asked if there is a problem.

The Rabbi tells St. Peter , "Ours is the true religion. We have the word of God that this is so and it is written in the Torah that God said that we are the chosen children of God, not the Christians or the Muslims."

The Christian minister says, "Jesus told us that he is the son of God and that the only way to God was by following his teachings and that unless one is born again, one would not get into heaven. What Jesus said is the word of God and it is written in the holy Bible".

The Muslim cleric says, "God has told Muhammad that he was the last true prophet and that everything that God told him was written in the Koran and that those who did not follow what was written there, would not get into heaven".

Other souls appeared and some sided with and gathered around each of their leaders, while some other souls who sided with no one entered directly through the gates of heaven.

St. Peter told the souls who had gathered around the souls of their clerics, "In heaven there can be no disagreement and until you all are in agreement, you have to move to the Purgatory area".

No agreement was reached and eventually the souls died (Hell) because souls who were not with God could not exist.

The lesson is: Having tunnel-vision or being closed-minded, without compassion for the belief of others around you can be bad for the body and suicide to the soul.

Originally Posted by chicagofrog
Anonymous... i knew it!!
God save you…for it’s even out of my capable hands now.

Yup, Yup, Yup...we're ALL on a mission.

Our life on earth is to prepare us and to give us examples of the hereafter. Everything is progressive and accumulative. We are here to accumulate experiences of feelings, the beauty of every organism that surrounds us, the landscape that adds to our perception; then we can begin our next journey.

We should live our life to its fullest. One hundred years from now, almost every single person alive today will have died. Several billion people, wiped off the face of this earth. Our life is but a blip on the radar screen of time.

We are the most important person responsible for whether our soul will live or die. Here we have to learn how to intertwine with a community; there we can experience anything that the imagination can perceive.

Envision yourself as a spirit that is uninhibited by any resistance or external influences; you can travel to any star or planet instantly, explore the beauty of the universe, and still be in sync with God.

As an example: Imagine the most advanced form of Virtual Reality that can access a super-computer and place you in whichever setting you desire; you can play with the animals, be with your loved ones, listen to the greatest opera, stage or musical performances, or simply relax next to a bubbling brook and enjoy the scenery. You feel no pain, despair, heartache, or negative emotions.

God is like a Master Planner who/that guides the universe rather than one who controls it. God is not this mighty ruler who wishes to enslave mankind, but a peaceful coexistence of the spirits or souls of many of our forefathers, past prophets, and all who lived righteously. Cultures change with time. God has always been the same, but our perception of God will vary with time.

The lesson is: Having tunnel-vision or being closed-minded, without compassion for the belief of others around you can be bad for the body and suicide to the soul.
No. The lesson is: All roads can not lead to God and I'll tell you why. It would mean that God contradicts Himself. Why would God want to confuse everyone? I say do some soul searching on your own. Pray to God to have him show you the way. I've read what other "truthes" have to say. I don't want to know the gods of any other religion. I don't want to know a god that sets the bar this high, and then watches as you fail to reach it. I don't want to know a god that doesnt want to know me. The God of the Bible preaches more than just blind faith and worship. See for yourself.

I don't want to know the gods of any other religion. The God of the Bible preaches more than just blind faith and worship.

I know, thank God! The other ones were hurting my brain.

I never know when you're being serious.

All roads can not lead to God .
I said all roads which lead to God...

Many Christians state that there is only one straight and narrow road that leads to God. This is incorrect. All roads which lead to God can bring the soul to its destination. The roads may be curved and circular at times, but if one chooses one's objective and abides thereby, the goal will be achieved....so, live righteously & you will attain your goal.

Bye for now...lunch time.

The roads may be curved and circular at times, but if one chooses one's objective and abides thereby, the goal will be achieved....so, live righteously & you will attain your goal.
Romans 3:10-12
"There is no one righteous,
not even one;
there is no one who understands,
no one who seeks God.
All have turned away..."

"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."~John 16:6

*Good luck with your "attaining your goal".

I said all roads which lead to God...

Many Christians state that there is only one straight and narrow road that leads to God. This is incorrect. All roads which lead to God can bring the soul to its destination. The roads may be curved and circular at times, but if one chooses one's objective and abides thereby, the goal will be achieved....so, live righteously & you will attain your goal.

Bye for now...lunch time.

When I sit and think about the road to God that I take...I found it that there was no one else on that road. So there must be other roads. Right?

...may be curved and circular...
This made me think of breasts!

"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."~John 16:6

*Good luck with your "attaining your goal".
Thanks for the good luck wish...which you may rescind after reading the following.

...as to the quote by John...it must have been John's interpretation of what Jesus said...which I really, really doubt that he did...but if he did then he either had a super ego, was mistaken, was prejudiced against other religions, practiced exclusivity, and was wrong...unless he was referring to his natural, physical father with the latter part.

When I sit and think about the road to God that I take...I found it that there was no one else on that road. So there must be other roads. Right?
If that's where you are going then it is a correct analysis, maestro.

...may be curved and circular...This made me think of breasts!
now there is a man who appreciates good art.

Thanks for the good luck wish...which you may rescind after reading the following.

...as to the quote by John...it must have been John's interpretation of what Jesus said...which I really, really doubt that he did...but if he did then he either had a super ego, was mistaken, was prejudiced against other religions, practiced exclusivity, and was wrong...unless he was referring to his natural, physical father with the latter part.
Or it's the truth since you already confirmed Jesus was the Son of God. Why would He say something that profound about Joeseph? If you want to believe that He said it because of a "super ego" then you better take back what you said about Him being the Son of God...you can't have it two ways. You can't go around telling people that God has a super ego...they'll be like, "Duh, he's God."

You can't go around telling people that God has a super ego...they'll be like, "Duh, he's God."

Or it's the truth since you already confirmed Jesus was the Son of God. Why would He say something that profound about Joeseph? If you want to believe that He said it because of a "super ego" then you better take back what you said about Him being the Son of God...you can't have it two ways. You can't go around telling people that God has a super ego...they'll be like, "Duh, he's God."
Jesus remained faithful to his principles of peace and love, bravely defying those who attempted to crown him as the “King of the Jews” and to lead the fight against their opposition, represented the epitome of what it means to lead a righteous life, thereby being a child of God; he was in a true sense, the “Son of God”.

Jesus was a man & his body died; He was a messenger of God. His spirit/soul (He) is now a part of God, so if you say Jesus is now God you are correct. There is no other God besides the God that Jesus is now a part of.

God, or Jesus is spirit & owns nothing & created nothing. God guided the development of the universe like a Master Planner. God does not command anything or anyone & "He" does not need to order anyone around. God is self-sufficient & needs nothing from man.

What is needed today is A religious ideology that encompasses the blending of major religions. This would require the major emphasis to be on spirituality rather than the dogmas tied to superstitions that have been carried over from medieval times.