What are you doing at this very moment?

Tools    

The People's Republic of Clogher
I charge £15-20 an hour, depending on whether I have to travel to their house or not. That seems to be the going rate around here.

Good luck with it.

If the kid wants to learn then that's half the battle won. What I do is structure each session as if I was teaching a class of 30 - make a little lesson plan, in other words.

Very useful to refer back to if you find yourself covering the same ground with someone else further down the line, too.

Thanks, I talked to the mother already and she seemed pretty reasonable and was pretty clear, at least over the phone, about what her kid needs. It sounds like the kid already has a pretty good grasp but just needs to be given some organized coursework to keep it fresh in her mind for when she goes back to school next year. Guess I'll find out.

Hope you were able to get a copy Ðèstîñy...
Thanks, and no. They need answers I don't have. His father's full name, for starters. His dad died before I was born. I asked mother today, and she was clueless. To hell if I know what to do.

Thanks, and no. They need answers I don't have. His father's full name, for starters. His dad died before I was born. I asked mother today, and she was clueless. To hell if I know what to do.

What year was the man you're trying to get the death certificate on born?

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Welcome to the human race...
Trying to win gold on the same challenge in TimeSplitters that I've been stuck on for the past few days. Also lamenting my recent sleeping pattern.

Just won a game of hold'em with the kids. Big fish little pond thing rocks!!!

What year was the man you're trying to get the death certificate on born?
Yeah, that would be another question. That, and the exact date of death. The year was his death was 1978. Those two exact pieces of information, I can get, but I don't need anyone getting curious as to why I am asking, and they have got to be certain with what they tell me. It would appear that I will be charged something, whether they find it all, or not. I already know he's dead. I don't care to pay, to hear that again.

His name was the first to come up in the Ancestry.com. I know it is him, because they had the accurate middle initial, and the accurate place of birth. I wonder if I can trust them. Although I still need his father's name. Damn blasted!

Do I sound mysterious, or what!?!

I'm not trying to be sneaky, or get minds to wondering. I will probably say what this is all about, once I find out for myself.

Yeah, that would be another question. That, and the exact date of death. The year was his death was 1978. Those two exact pieces of information, I can get, but I don't need anyone getting curious as to why I am asking, and they have got to be certain with what they tell me. It would appear that I will be charged something, whether they find it all, or not. I already know he's dead. I don't care to pay, to hear that again.

His name was the first to come up in the Ancestry.com. I know it is him, because they had the accurate middle initial, and the accurate place of birth. I wonder if I can trust them. Although I still need his father's name. Damn blasted!

Do I sound mysterious, or what!?!

I'm not trying to be sneaky, or get minds to wondering. I will probably say what this is all about, once I find out for myself.
I was going to suggest you check some of the genealogy sites (Rootsweb and LDS are free) to track down his Social Security number so you can order a copy of his record... sometimes they have the parents and other family information listed. Also, if he was in the military, they would have the names of his parents.

If the man in question was born before 1930, he should be on the 1930 census with his parents. Some of the libraries in major cities have the census on microfilm in their genealogy departments... and all states have a State Archives you can contact that will normally check records for you (for a fee).

Thinking about how big this thread is.

I'll not be doing any visiting today then. Don't you hate it when someone turns up at your door and immediately sneezes?

I wouldn't think about walking into a person's living room and breaking wind loudly. For example.

looking for some good sites to surf on..