THOR - Review

→ in
Tools    

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
I def thought the effect of Loki's signature helmet came off a whole lot better than Thor's signature winged helmet, which to my eyse's just didn't look right.

Actually, thinking back I can only recall him wearing it during the scene where he is getten high fived on his way to being ceremoniously declared king.

I suppose logically he should have it on during the ice giant battle scene, but tbph i don't remember it that way.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Well, I think they could have extended the film to two hours and fleshed out Sif and the Warriors Three a bit more. There were interesting and fun characters, but were little more than set pieces, for the most part.
Actually to be fair that's a good point. They were fun characters but weren't developed much. Perhaps the characters won't play a big role in either the Avengers movie or a Thor sequel so they didn't see the need to take the time to.

A system of cells interlinked
Hmm, I didn't see the helm in action much, so methinks you have a point there. They may have found it wasn't working that well as they went along and they sort of canned it later or something.

A system of cells interlinked
Ah, excellent call. I sometimes forget this is all leading up to an Avengers film. I dunno - gonna be tough to beat this Thor picture.

Well, I think they could have extended the film to two hours and fleshed out Sif and the Warriors Three a bit more. There were interesting and fun characters, but were little more than set pieces, for the most part. They didn't need to go all ensemble cast on us, but they could have spent a bit more time on them.

I completely agree with you, a couple of extra scenes to shed some light on the supporting cast would have done the movie a world of good.

i already watched the trailer and it was awesome. the effects were good. i will watch it of course why? movie + liv tyler = cool. i will watch it with y girlfriend soon.

Liv Tyler's appearance is pretty much the signal for me to get ready to cringe during the Lord of the Rings films. That is why I will never mistake her for anyone else. But I think she was one of the background ice giants.

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
We watched this film in the theater and it's good. It may not be that great but I enjoyed watching it.

Movie Forums Extra
Thor one of my favorite movies

To be fair I was a bit scepticle about this movie but I'm pleased to say that I really enjoyed it

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Best movie i have ever seen awesome
lol

How many movies have you seen? like 5? You seem to like Transformers 3 aswell. Puke.

It's 9/10 for me.

The Drunk and Happy
I needed at least two beers to get through this.
Verdict: Just a couple of final thoughts… Anthony Hopkins character, Odin, was pretty awesome, but I think his strapless eye patch in this movie is going to cause a strapless eye patch movement. Call me old fashioned, but I like it pirate-style. Worse, people will spray paint their eye patches gold and soon we’ll have a bunch of Odin wannabes all the place. Also, Natalie Portman next to Chris Hemsworth, didn’t seem like a likely pairing. He would split her in half with his ‘hammer.’ Also, is anyone else tired of the “I’m bored” Kat Dennings character? She plays the part well, but she has about as much range as Michelle Rodriguez and her tough girl roles. If anyone should ever have a role for an apathetic woman who’s easy on the eyes and can fill a Double “D” bra, Kat Dennings is first choice.