MoFo Fantasy Football - Week 11

Tools    

Ryan Grant finally went off!!!

On my bench.

First half numbers: 105 yards on 13 carries, a TD, and a reception. 17.6 points. D'oh! Grant had been sneaking up by having a few decent games in a row, but he's been insane today. And against the Bears! I can't figure this game out to save my life...

Anyway, McAllister got into the end zone, so the Johnson benching might not be as bad as I'd feared. But Slaton instead of Grant stings, at least at the moment. Slaton helped the Texans march down the field a little earlier only to get stuffed in an attempt at the 1, and then replaced by Ahman Green, who ran it in. Pfft.

Sigh! Im sure Im beat. Im only 10 points or less ahead of Sed, but he has theTitans D + Gore yet to play vs my lonely TE Bo Scaife. It was a good run, and I hope a Replicant win couldnt have been avoided if I had a kicker. If thats the reason I lose itll be like twisting the knife.

Just getting my ass handed to me so far... Sigh.

I wish the NFL would change their black out policies. Since we have a home game here this week and its sold out that means that CBS can't show part two of their double header. Which really blows because the Seahawks are probably going to just get tatered by the Cardinals today. Also the second game is being played in Pittsburgh where its snowing right now... I love watching games when its snowing. Sigh... again.

My God, how pathetic are the Bengals. The guy can't hit a 47 yarder on their home field to give their team a win. Just sad. And how crappy are the Eagles?

Just getting my ass handed to me so far... Sigh.
A lot of your guys haven't played yet, so I wouldn't worry. I think it should be close.

Anyway, my comprehension of the black out rules are kind of sketchy, but all I know for sure is that I always get to see the Steelers, so that's all I need to know.

Youre having a rabid catfight with The Flying Mongooses (or is it geese? Mongeese?! Nah) PW. As Im writing this he's ahead 5 points, and your Marion Barber must be having an off day.

Congratulations to Sedais Replicants! I hope to have the opportunity to avenge the loss.

A system of cells interlinked
Yeah man. Good game!

I am half agony, half hope.
My bench is having a great week.

Johann von Goethe

I am hoping for a Powdered Water win after tonight's game, which should push me into first!

My RB depth is in the toilet, so I really hope Bush comes back online next week, as we enter the final stretch...

Whew, what a week. After all my hand-wringing about McAllister over Megatron, or Thigpen over Ben, or Slaton over Grant, it turns out it wouldn't really have mattered what I did -- it was one of those weeks where you just can't lose. I racked up 134.6 points, which seems likely to hold up as the high for the league this week. Pretty sure this is the only time I've had this distinction.

What's crazy is that I had something like 80 points on my bench, too. Grant had a monster game with 21.6 points, but amazingly, both of my starters matched that; Slaton with the exact same total (thanks to a 71-yard TD run), and Addai with a 29.3-point effort. Slaton's total could have easily been higher, too, if not for the fact that he failed to punch it in from the 1-yard line and Ahman Green got two goal-line TD carries.

Thigpen had another strong game, and I think I'm probably going wherever he takes me from here on out. Should've played Johnson over McAllister (d'oh), or better yet, Grant over Johnson, but so it goes. I'm just thankful it didn't change the outcome this week.

Anyway, it appears that after tonight, SC, Sedai, and PW will be sitting on top, all at 8-3, with TONGO and myself fighting for the last playoff spot at 7-4. High drama, to say the least.

By the way; anyone else see the end of the Steeler game? In a last-second flurry of desperate laterals by San Diego, Polamalu broke one of them up and ran it back for 6. It was called back because of an "illegal forward pass," but the replays didn't show anything of the sort. I think they may have already admitted they blew the call.

Of course, the TD determines whether or not the Steelers covered the spread, so this call has a lot of monetary implications for a lot of people. And seeing as how the play would have added 8 points to anyone with the Steeler team defense, it might have swung a few fantasy games, too. What a shame.

Gah! I am trying to shore up my awful RB depth in order to actually get some points in my swing this week. I am stuck with either Pittman or the incredibly inconsistent McGahee, it seems...

Slug I sent a trade proposition to you at fantasy league. Dont trust their automated systems to notify you.

How did you do that? No more trades allowed in our league for the rest of the season. Cutoff date was the 14th.

It's the waiver wire or nothing from here on out!

And not that I am not rooting for ya, Tongo, but I sure hope Jacobs is out this week, as I really need a sub for my swing slot, and Ward is on my bench! The Giants have the best offensive line I have seen in years. Their backs are gold.

Yeah, deadline was the 14th. Maybe it allows proposals but not acceptance? Dunno.

I made a rather big trade offer to The Sharks about a month ago but it got shot down, accompanied by some rather confusing rationales. Oh well. Looks like we actually didn't have any noteworthy trades this year. That'll definitely have to change next season.

Anyway, short week with the Steeler game on Thursday night, so I'll have to make a decision between Thigpen and Ben earlier than usual. Was leaning towards Thigpen, but Ben's up against the awful Bengals...gah. Another tough call.

To make matters worse, Colston had a poor game, and Ward had another GREAT one, so now I've got to think about switching there, too...hmm...

DAMN! So much for my dream of finishing this year with Brett Favre or Eli Manning. The QB slot has always been a chronic painful condition for me this season. Right when everything turned golden Schaub AND Orton were knocked out on the same day. Dunno if Ive mentioned that already LOL

Good luck on your game vs Sedais' Replicants Yoda I think youll need it. Next week I face PWs Odd Squad -Gulp!-