MoFo Fantasy Football - Week 11

Tools    

You're a Genius all the time
Wow, the top six teams in the league are playing each other this week. Far out.

The Flying Mongooses (8-2) vs PW's Odd Squad (7-3)

I think I'm the least deserving league leader in the history of fantasy football, but I'll take it. PW's gotta be stinging after a tough loss to the lowly BeanTown Champs. If Marion Barber and Clinton Portis both play this week, there's no way he's gonna lose again and I might be facing a complete and total ass kicking. But if they're both out of commission and my main man Brian Westbrook has a big day, I might be able to hang on to my tenuous hold on first place.

11 Angry Men (6-4) vs The Sharks (6-4)

A pivotal fantasy matchup if there ever was one. The Sharks, maybe surprisingly so, have hung around based on the strength on some quality weeks from Donovan McNabb and Wes Welker. Though they have lost two of the past three weeks and the injured Steven Jackson is currently sitting in his starting lineup, so that's tough. Yoda and his 11 Angry Men, coming off some pretty rough weeks due in large part to tough opponents and shoddy play out of Big Ben, needs the win to stay in the mix. If you don't have seven victories after this week, you're probably not going to make the playoffs.

The Replicants (7-3) vs TONGO (7-3)

Even though these guys are currently sitting at 2 and 4, I think they're easily the two most dangerous teams in the league. If I do make the playoffs, I want no part of either of them in the first round, but that's probably impossible. TONGO's on a roll right now and I'm still kicking myself for not drafting Brandon Jacobs. And if Sedai ever got his big three back on track again, we'd all be screwed.

The Face Huggers (1-9) vs Boondock Skins (3-7)

These two aren't all that horrible on paper and yet here we are. Man, looks like Tomlinson may be done. Tough break for every fantasy owner everywhere who had the number one draft pick. Oh well. I actually like this 1-9 Face Hugger team a lot and I could see them making a mini run here and maybe playing spoiler to a few big teams.

Darcy's Destroyers (6-4) vs BeanTown Champs (2-8)

Darcy's got a chance here to go 7-4 and really make some noise in a slightly jumbled playoff picture. But she definitely can't take the Champs for granted. They're coming off a big upset and they've got some players (like Steve Breaston) who seem poised to explode. Darcy's gotta hope for a big time, 3 TD effort out of Phillip Rivers and if she doesn't win this week, it's all over.

Slug's Bubblebutts (4-6) vs Tupac Resurrection (3-7)

Two teams, out of the playoffs, trying to salvage some kind of something this week. Maybe getting back to .500 or maybe not. Again, neither is horrible on paper, but things haven't broken right for either. I'm rooting for Slug hard because I still haven't gotten over that heart-breaking loss Tupac handed me last month.

Great overview. I think you're right; falling to 6-5 is probably the end of any teams's playoff hopes. They could finish 9-5 at best, and they'd need at least two teams ahead of them to basically collapse down the stretch.

My decisions this week aren't as tough as I'd thought they'd be...I'm pretty sure I'm going with Addai and Slaton (and benching Grant and McAllister), and I've got to play Colston in the W/R slot.

The real tough call comes at QB. On one hand, Ben's been a real disappointment lately. On the other hand, he's started practicing more and he's up against San Diego's extremely poor pass defense. Up against him I've got Flacco, who had a great game last week, and Tyler Thigpen, who's had three stellar weeks in a row. I'm actually leaning towards Thigpen at the moment, but it's a really tough call that could very well swing my matchup with The Sharks -- and by extension, our respective seasons.

I agree with you completely about Sedai and PW's teams...I think they're probably the two best teams in the league. You're selling yourself a tad short, though. Westbrook is a game-changer in the Adrian Peterson mold, where he can basically go off and win an entire week by himself. Believe me, I know.

Very fuzzy playoff picture, and there's no guarantee it'll get any clearer this week. Either way we're probably looking at a tiebreaker for one of the slots -- I'm assuming the tiebreaker is points, which I think will help me. But I can't find anything about it on the site, so I'm not sure. Anyone know offhand?

A system of cells interlinked
Parker is looking like he will play, so I have to bench Moore and play Green-Ellis against a tough Jets D this week... Not the best news!

Anytime I have gone to a three WR set this season I have lost, so I want to avoid that, especially with Favre throwing less due to the aforementioned defense going off, keeping the rock on the ground when the Jets are up...

Green-Ellis is just looking too good to me right now, and all the other NE backs are down, save Faulk. Hopefully he gets a couple of goal line carries this week.

Damn, I can't decide. I think I will not play the slot tonight, and leave room for either McGahee, Muhammad, or Bush if he plays. Gives me more options and I don't have to count on GE getting by the Jets D.

Err, okay...then why are you posting here? No offense intended, but perhaps you've misunderstood the purpose of this thread. This is a thread for a league we've already created and are playing out right now...

Err, okay...then why are you posting here? No offense intended, but perhaps you've misunderstood the purpose of this thread. This is a thread for a league we've already created and are playing out right now...
Oh
Some fantasy football leagues start a new league every week, from what my friend has told me (he does fantasy football too. Maybe I can get him on the forum, but not to join obviously. )

Well, I feel up for fantasy football. In fact, I've got a raging fantasy football boner right now and even though I'm totally ambivalent towards the Jets, I know I need a big game out of Thomas Jones tonight. So beat those Pats, fellas!

This whole Fantasy thing is a lot of fun. I sure hope we can make this a tradition here.

I'm hoping to get on track this week after my loss. I've been pretty fortunate so far as far as injuries but it appears that Portis is probably going to be out this week. Bummer. I'm going to need some big games from some other dudes. I've been a little out of touch of late because me and my sweety got married on Saturday. So I haven't been keeping real close tabs on the waiver wire. Does anyone have any more good players they would like to give me?

This whole Fantasy thing is a lot of fun. I sure hope we can make this a tradition here.
Definitely. If anything, I feel dumb for waiting this long. I should've listened to Seds and Bobby a long time ago; both of them had mentioned the idea before, Ibelieve.

I've been a little out of touch of late because me and my sweety got married on Saturday.
Whoa; congratulations! Are pictures and details forthcoming? And what're you doing hanging around with morons like us now that you're married?

Yeah, I don't know about all that good player talk, but way to get married, PW!

My wedding gift to you is that I'll try not to kick your fantasy ass too hard this weekend.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Congrats, Powdered! You usually called her your wife anyway, so I wasn't sure, but there you went and bit the bullet . I wish all the best to both of you for your whole lives.

I used to be almost as crazy about the NFL as I am about MLB, but the Rams took a hike. If L.A./Orange County ever gets another team (except for the God-forsaken Raiders), I'd probably want to join this sucka.

Thanks guys, I should have some wonderful pictures forthcoming soon. We're still looking through them all.

And I appreciate your offer there SC and I hope we have ourselves an epic type battle and stuff. As long as I'm on the winning end of said epic battle that is.

Hey Chris, I hope I shot you a pozzi there good sir. I'm just learning the ropes on a new laptop and if you tap the pad it clicks just like a mouse and I don't know if I was over the pozzi or the neg button. If I was over the neg please feel free to administrate yourself.

Damn the Jets! Damn them! I always seem to play the wrong Jets WR...

That said, I made the right call waiting on my W/R slot.

I was thinking about picking up Cassel last week but just didn't have the time to get on and do it. I sure wish I would have made the time. I would have been off to a nice start this week. Oh well, he's mine now... which is nice. Sort of.

Congratulations Mr Water!

Yeah I played with picking up Cassel too. Avoided him as the Pats have other weapons they go too. Im jacked about the Replicant game this week. Ive gone over and over and over in my head the variables. Alls thats left is the watching.