MoFo Fantasy Football - Week 9

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Baltimore backs looking like trouble for me today... Damn that coach.

Aye, I'm a little tempted. But you just never know how many carries he's going to get with Jones-Drew stealing so many of them. Taylor's had one great game this year, but that's about it.

Gah. I'll be mulling this one over right up until game time, I expect...

Thats good advice he gave Yoda. Im benching Schaub, and Pennington to have Orton vs the lowly D Lions.

Nice play, I heard early on in the week that every single QB that has played the Lions this year has had a banner day, like highs for the year type of stuff and a few of them have even had career days. Good move.

Thanks for making the choice easier, PW. It probably won't make a difference, but I think I will go ahead and sub White in. You're right, though; I didn't realize almost all of his bench players were out! Yikes...

Anyway, every fantasy expert ranking I've seen so far has Taylor way, way lower than Jones-Drew. Dunno if they know something we don't, but I guess they think he's "the guy" in Jacksonville this week.

Yeah, I'm not saying I'd play him either, it would just be tempting is all. I just think Washington's defense is suspect so in the end it will not only be more fun for you if Ward is in there while you're watching the game with your buddy.

Have fun btw... take it outside if it gets ugly. No alcohol being served I hope?

Think I'm going with Ward. I just looked at Taylor's game log, and it's way, way worse than I'd remembered. He doesn't have a SINGLE touchdown all year, and his big week 3 game (121 yards) still produced just 14 points. He hasn't cracked 7 (7!) in any other week.

He's put up (roughly) 6, 3.6, 2.5, and 2.4 points over the last four weeks. Carries over those four weeks: 10, 10, 3, 8.

Cincy or no, I just see so little upside. Ward just needs 4 or 5 catches for a mediocre 50 or 60 yards to match what I can reasonably expect from Taylor, unless he suddenly starts getting goal line carries (I'm guessing he's not the goal-line guy based on the goose egg in the TD column).

Of course, the last time I was this conflicted about who to go with, I ended up releasing Matt Schaub.

Looks like its going to be one of those weekends where all the really crap teams all decide to "play for pride" and play way over their heads and cause a lot of fantasy owners all kinds of headaches and marital strife.

On the positive side for me, a lowly Seahawks fan. Perhaps if all of these upsets continue then maybe, just maybe there's hope for my poor sad little team against Philly later on.

I'm not holding my breath.

Oh and of course since Bobby's not here and isn't even updating his roster of late; he's smacking me around like I deserve it.

What's nice about our league to me is, no matter how bad you get beat, you have a week to recover, and try it again.

This week's standings should really be interesting.
Teams are bunching up.

A system of cells interlinked
I just KNEW that when I put a flex level RB in my RB2 slot, I was in trouble. I can start to reassemble my team next week...

Looks like I've got a pretty comfortable lead, which'll eat into whatever drama there would have been with my friend Adam tonight. He needs Jason Campbell and Santana Moss (against the top-ranked Steeler pass defense) to outscore Roethlisberger, Hines Ward, and the Steeler defense by almost 24 points, so I'm probably good.

Slug's right; the standings are getting very tight. More and more it's looking like TONGO and I might end up going to the wire for the last playoff spot, though obviously it's too soon to tell. Another team could lose next week and swap places with one of us.

TONGO and I play next week, though, and there's a really good chance it'll end up being the most important game of the year for either of us.

You're a Genius all the time
I've been so ridiculously lucky in the matchups I've gotten. Like, I caught Sedai's Replicants, who are probably the best team in the league, on just about the perfect week. But I could definitely see my Mongooses coughing up a playoff slot and I'm not even all that comfortable about facing the lowly Face Huggers next weekend. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Hey, Yoda, you've got a tremendous conflict of interest tonight. Did you know that every time the Washington Redskins win their last home game directly preceding a presidential election, the incumbent party always wins? So that means that for this week at least, a Steeler victory would guarantee an Obama presidency while a Skin win would guarantee a McCain presidency.

So what's it gonna be, Commish? Hometown Steeler glory and fantasy bragging rights over your best friend or an old maverick in The White House and four more years of Tina Fey's Palin impersonation?

Aye, I read that, though I forgot to mention it here. That article's surprisingly sloppy, though; the trend held until 2004, when the Redskins lost, and Bush won re-election anyway. Still an impressive average, though.

That said, I'll take McCain-Palin over Black-and-Gold.