Supporting Character Spinoffs

Tools    

You're a Genius all the time
What are some of your favorite minor characters from films that you feel could and should carry a flick all on their own? Maybe it's a character who only showed up for a couple of minutes, but left an immediate impression upon you? Scene-stealers that you just couldn't get enough of and want to see a whole movie based solely around their zany escapades.

I'll cast my vote for Robert DeNiro's Harry Tuttle from Brazil. I realize that the Tuttle character is just an extension of the Sam Lowry character, but I'd still love to see him have his own movie. Or, better yet, a whole franchise of films devoted to his wild, skyscraper-swinging misadventures.

"Remember, we're all in it together"

So what minor characters would you MoFos want to see get a little more than a few fleeting moments in the spotlight?

I've said it elsewhere, but in Francis Ford Coppola's adaptation of Grisham's The Rainmaker (1997), I would have loved to see the shady presumably mobbed-up lawyers and firm of Deck Shifflet (Danny DeVito) and "Bruiser" Stone (Mickey Rourke) get their own TV series, especially if you could get DeVito and Rourke to do it. It could be a darkly comic anti-"Law & Order" with these tough naredowells mostly avoiding cases. Great character stuff to be done there, only scratched on the surface in the movie. I've never read a Grisham book so I don't know if Bruiser or Shifflet reappear in any of the other books, but I think there's something there.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Angus Macfadyen as Robert the Bruce.

Great thread, Swede.

Upon thinking about it carefully, I would love to see a spin-off film for Nikola Tesla from The Prestige. He was the most interesting supporting character in the film and the dark past between him and Thomas Edison could be juicy. Perhaps it would work best as a prequel of sorts. Either way, I don't mind Nolan working his magic again.

And who should play the enigmatic Mr Edison....

Still can't help but feel that he should have played a certain District Attorney in Gotham...

Welcome to the human race...
Jesus Quintana from The Big Lebowski

I'll admit this wasn't my idea, but in I'm A Lebowski, You're A Lebowski (a fan book written by the creators of Lebowski Fest, a sort of Rocky Horror-style audience participation party based around The Big Lebowski) the writers interview John Turturro and he even outlines his own storyline for the Jesus movie - which is aptly titled The Second Coming, and is probably best described as a sports movie in the vein of Bad News Bears.

I'd watch it.

Haunted Heart, Beautiful Dead Soul
whoopi goldberg's character in Ghost.

barney fife deserves his own movie to explain why he only had the one bullet

ouiser bourdreaux from steel magnolia. start out when she is a child in louisana and on up onto being adult. must be played by shirley mcclain!!!!!