mp3 players

Tools    

hey guys im goin shopping in a few days for an mp3 player and just wanted some feedback about which ones you have and if they have worked out for you. so far im leaning towards an iriver h120 then the runner up would be the ipod but i hear their warranty sucks along with the fact that the battery is insanely expensive. so yeah any opinons and or comments

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
well i got a 128mb mp3 player, its ok i guess but i wouldve liked a phillips jukebox one, they're very good and they look nice too (get it in piano black)

i have an Ipod. its really awesome just it eats up the battery life quickly so he have to charge it all the time

I have an IRiver, model number IFP-395T, 512mb memory and love it. I use it when I am working in the factory and can easily get through two shifts (16 hours) on a single AA battery. I hear great things about the IPod's, but would heartily recommend the IRiver for it's battery life and compact size.

I have a third generation iPod (15 GB). I've had it for about 7 months, and it's only frozen once, to my memory. It's a very impressive, intuitive machine; the scroll wheel is ingenious, and makes it surprisingly easy to scroll through what can easily become thousands of songs.

I've yet to run out of batteries with it; with my version you can apparently get about 8 hours out of a full charge, assuming you're not using the backlight or blaring the volume. The fourth generation iPods apparently get 12 hours.

yeah form what i hear the battery dies on you after about a year or year and a half then its like 100 bucks to replace and ontop of that the shipping and handeling charge is insanely expensive, if it werent for that then it would be ipod all the way and i think i should have been abit more clearer cuz im looking for a hard drive driven mp3 player cuz i just want the option of holding thousands of songs in my hand but yeah thanks for the advice so far and keepem comin

Originally Posted by casa
yeah form what i hear the battery dies on you after about a year or year and a half then its like 100 bucks to replace and ontop of that the shipping and handeling charge is insanely expensive, if it werent for that then it would be ipod all the way and i think i should have been abit more clearer cuz im looking for a hard drive driven mp3 player cuz i just want the option of holding thousands of songs in my hand but yeah thanks for the advice so far and keepem comin
Yep, that's true. Apparently you've got 18 months (depending on usage levels, I guess) until the lithium ion battery needs to be replaced. It's $100 for Apple to do it, but I hear you can get it done "unofficially" at some third-party locations for about half that.

My mom got the 40gb iPod for Christmas which holds 10,000 songs, and has a 12 hour battery life. It can also store 1000+ of pictures. Pretty snazzy. It's 400$ though, I am getting one for my birthday so I am happy, even if I have to pay for some of it.
Infinitely suffering thing.
T.S Eliot, "Preludes"

Lets put a smile on that block
Originally Posted by Yoda
It's a very impressive, intuitive machine; the scroll wheel is ingenious, and makes it surprisingly easy to scroll through what can easily become thousands of songs.
I got a little green iPod fro my 22nd Birthday and i love it, totally agree with ya Yods. Great little gadget, got my entire music collection on it and its only half full. Awse defined.

I call my one my BogeyPod HAHAHA.... *cough*

lol i jumped the gun and got a iriver h320 and its charging soo ill get back to everyone on my opnion of it

I still rely on my good ol' cd player. I'm not fond of change.

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
Originally Posted by Garrett
I still rely on my good ol' cd player. I'm not fond of change.
Same here.

For awhile I had a cd player capable of playing mp3's. I simply burned a couple hundred onto a cd and was good to go... Only problem was it didn't last long working in a factory... just a little to sensitive.

My Top 100 favorite movies.

I have a black 1gb Creative MuVo Micro N200, it's great value for money, my Dad got it from his business trip abroad in Dallas for about $200. They are tiny, long battery life and easy to use.

I'm looking at either the mini iPod and the pocket Dell. The pocket dell is less expensive and I haven't heard a bad thing about it.

But what about the mini? It's still a lot of songs, but I know I can forever fit my whole collection on it.