Czech and Czechoslovakian fairy tales - movies

Tools    

I am big fan Czech and Czechoslovakian fairy tales. I think that the most interesting series are movies entitled "Fantaghiro", although it is Italian-Czech cooproduction. I know that there are Czech actors too.

In my opinion, Czech fairy tales are very good, but main problem is no English dubbing often, so it is hard to watch it no knowledge of Czech language. I am Polish and I understand Czech language as well, but I reckon Czech fairy tales are underrated definitely.

My favourite movies connected with this genre:
"Zlatovláska" ["Golden-Haired"] (1973)
"Zlatník Ondra" ["Goldsmith Ondra"] (1995)
"Dítě hvězdy" ["Child of the star"] (2007) - fairy-tale created by Oscar Wilde and it is Czech movie adaption

I think that Czech fairy-tales are available in large amount, but it is tough to find with English dubbing (perhaps I'm wrong).

The Fabulous Baron Munchausen is the best I've seen. Staggeringly good animation.

Marketa Lazarova is pretty great although I'm not sure it's a fairy tale.

Valerie and her week of Wonders is pretty off the wall.

Society ennobler, last seen in Medici's Florence
@wositelec

In the early 80's, there was a TV series for kids called Arabela. It was very popular in Eastern Europe.

Episode 1:

I've seen these and liked all of them:

Little Otik
The Feather Fairy
When the Cat Comes

I watched the last two on this YouTube channel. Hopefully, they're still there.

I really enjoy watching all these movies.

I have to watch " When the Cat Comes" , because I don't watched it.

"Arabela" is very good TV series.

The trick is not minding
The Fabulous Baron Munchausen is the best I've seen. Staggeringly good animation.

Marketa Lazarova is pretty great although I'm not sure it's a fairy tale.

Valerie and her week of Wonders is pretty off the wall.
Big fan of the Czech version of Baron Munchausen by Zeman.

I have the other two saved on Criterion waiting for me to watch.

Big fan of the Czech version of Baron Munchausen by Zeman.

I have the other two saved on Criterion waiting for me to watch.

While I like Marketa Lazarova, it is at best a folk tale influenced movie (at best), and is probably more akin to something like Andrei Rublev.

Not sure if this fits, but there's an excellent animated adaption of The Pied Piper (1985) that's from Czechoslovakia.

Zlaté kapradí
A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...