The Hunger Games

→ in
Tools    

OMG this movie is great! Jannefer Lawrence is very talanted, and Josh Hutcherson is great actor, i love this movie!

Finished here. It's been fun.
This movie is the definition of the word "meh". I know I'm beating a dead horse but Battle Royale was literally a thousand times better.

well yeah Battle Royale is indeed better but the Hunger Games has its own charm.. and it is less brutal more fit to younger audience...

The Hunger Games is an American science fiction adventure film directed by Cary Ross, featuring Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson.

The story takes place in a nation known as Panem, which is in North America. The Capitol controls Panem that is divided in 12 districts. Every year, a lottery selects two people of a different gender between the ages of 12 and 18, from each district who will have to take part in the Hunger Games. In this televised battle, the participants must fight to the death until only one is left alive. The games are organised in an outdoor arena for the Capitol’s amusement and as a reminder of the districts’ failed rebellion. Katniss Everdeen is a 16-year-old girl living with her mother and younger sister in the poorest district of Panem. When her younger sister Primrose is choosen for the Games, Katniss volunteers to compete in her place, and joins Peeta, a former schoolmate.

The cast does a good job and Jennifer Lawrence is extraordinary as Katniss, she is a natural talent. The film is very realistic due to the many ultra-close-up techniques. There are some truly exciting moments, especially during the Games. They are bloody and violent, but the romance between Peeta and Katniss shines in the awful surrounding; I like the fact that this film is a fantastic adaption of the book. There are some plot deviations but the most important parts stay true.

To sum up, this is a real masterpiece. I would recommend this movie to everyone, although some scenes are violent.

Finished here. It's been fun.
"To sum up, this is a real masterpiece"

Hahahahaahahahaah No way jose. It's horrifically mediocre. It's fine to like it, but calling it a masterpiece is beyond dumb.

First, I was not really fond of the fact that young people have to die in an arena for the pleasure of rich and heartless people. But finally, Hunger games exceeds this bloody game to depict a battle for freedom, personified by the brave Katniss. We can't stay indifferent in front of the injustices of Panem and we are involved in the course of the story in the fighting of this young girl.

As I have read the books, I can't have a neutral opinion of the film (it's [almost] always less good than the paper version) but I can say that they have made a great work, the director as the actors. And I'm looking forward seeing the second !