Hollywood and Sexual Misconduct

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I was wondering why news of Weinstein had gone to sleep then voila

I didn't realise it was this bad. With the latest wave of scandals, is that really just a few people being thrown under the bus while the actual Hollywood culture treats sex like a handshake and is effectively coercion?

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
(Next thing we know, HashtagBrownies will accused. )
Guys, I think I have to let you know something... @HashtagBrownies molested me with his rep points!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Guys, I think I have to let you know something... @HashtagBrownies molested me with his rep points!
Uh, I'M GAY!

Phew, that was a close one!
You mean...You're not a brownie?

Well I DON'T CARE ABOUT CHRISTMAS ANYMORE!

More bad news for Sylvester Stallone.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...report-1069925

Damn, I hope none of these are true and that Sly fights it tooth and nail.

They can nab anybody with these allegations, but stay away from Rocky!!!
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

More bad news for Sylvester Stallone.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...report-1069925

Damn, I hope none of these are true and that Sly fights it tooth and nail.

They can nab anybody with these allegations, but stay away from Rocky!!!
Why would cops take it on if it's beyond the statute of limitations?

Wonder what'll happen with TJ Miller and Deadpool 2
I hadnt heard of that and had to look it up. His statement is pretty damning. Makes her look like a stalker.

The Geoffrey Rush complaint disappeared as well. As usual Geoffrey conducted himself in a totally polite manner before the press.

I didn't realise it was this bad. With the latest wave of scandals, is that really just a few people being thrown under the bus while the actual Hollywood culture treats sex like a handshake and is effectively coercion?
I think the transparency in Hollywood affords people the option to publicly out producers, directors and actors. It's also a hedonistic culture filled with independent contractors.

Roger Ailes was doing the same thing Harvey Weinstein was doing but he was the only game in town and the conservative women that were basically prostituted out aren't coming forward.

His position on the Church is also ridiculous because the Church moved predatory priests from country to country to avoid prosecution.

The Geoffrey Rush complaint disappeared as well. As usual Geoffrey conducted himself in a totally polite manner before the press.
Same goes for Sly Stallone.

He actually spoke out against the allegations yesterday:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...005142705.html

Same goes for Sly Stallone.

He actually spoke out against the allegations yesterday:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...005142705.html
Geoffrey is actually suing for defamation I later heard after that post. Good. If men have been maliciously accused they should stand up and fight that as well. Liars should be outed just as much as rapists in this matter. They dont just wreck the life of one person but as Stallone said, their innocent family as well. It also dilutes real rape allegations. The Hunt is a very powerful movie on falsr allegations. Gut wrenching.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-12-0...ts-say/9241976

Filthy gutter press and their fake fracking news need to be accountable.

Well, but the latest on the list of accused pervs is Ben Vereen. Using power and influence, and skilled manipulation, to impose himself on many young women in the 2015 production of Hair. Shame, he always presented himself as such an elegant man. We just don't know what lies beneath these people 's public facades, which are more craftily contrived than
we d like to believe.

Is it just me who got slightly bothered by the fact that Kevin Spacey's name got mentioned over and over and over again during the Golden Globe ceremony?

His career is doomed, he is forever put in shame, but can we just leave him alone? I felt like everyone is together beating the dead horse now, to me that's pretty violent as well.

I am sure there are men, who haven't been caught, were clapping during the speech Oprah gave during the Golden Globe ceremony.

I am also sure there are women, who were 'willing' to have a 'special' relationship with directors/producers just to gain advantage on their acting career, were clapping during the speech Oprah gave during the Golden Globe ceremony.

The point is, it seems to be out of control more and more...

Beating up on whoever has the misfortune of being in the news shortly before an awards ceremony is pretty much par for the course. I'll agree if it's still happening next year, I guess, but barring that I think this is normal.

I find it absurdly hypocritical that Hollywood will penalize those who use females as objects, and (mainly the men) who think they're SO brave for putting on black suits and wearing pins. But Gary Oldman makes anti-semitic comments, and beats his wife with a telephone several years ago; now he's a winner? And will probably win the Oscar for something so undeserving?... excuse me whaaa?
Vice President
358 Exchange Place New York, N.Y. 10099 FAX 212 555 6390 TELEX : () 4534

And I'm not pressed because Chalamet didn't win (although that does trigger me just a tad.) It's that they had an African American Man, and a 22 Year Old Jewish person in the same category. Yet, they're SO progressive that they'll give it to the 60-year old Anti-Semite because "HE'S NEVER WON BEFORE!" F**k you guys, you should've rewarded him years ago. Yet, you went other routes for those occasions.

Oh boy, I can't wait for when Chalamet wins an Oscar in 40 years for a more undeserving performance, over someone who's better.

Beating up on whoever has the misfortune of being in the news shortly before an awards ceremony is pretty much par for the course. I'll agree if it's still happening next year, I guess, but barring that I think this is normal.
I think it's normal as well. It's no surprise to me that something that was so fiercely silenced in their industry for so long has the lid lifted and suddenly gets a very loud voice. Ofcourse it was going to be all over an awards ceremony when they know it gets a global stage.