The Dark Knight Rises

Tools    

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
New images and details on The Dark Knight Rises

Nov 21, 2011

We haven’t seen much from Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight Rises when it comes to official images, but it seems we’ll be getting alot more now that production has officially wrapped. The film is showcased in the next issue of Empire Magazine (via Coming Soon), The story will pick up eight years after The Dark Knight, and the prologue that will be playing in front of Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol “is basically the first six, seven minutes of the film. It’s the introduction to Bane and a taste of the rest of the film. With Bane we are looking to give Batman a physical challenge that he hasn’t had before.” d was able to actually get Nolan to speak out on the film:
Nolan also went into detail about Bane’s (Tom Hardy) history and why he needs to wear that mask. ”He was injured early in his story. He’s suffering from pain and he needs gas to survive. He cannot survive the pain without the mask. The pipes from the mask go back along his jawline and feed into the thing at the back where there are two canisters of what ever it is… the anesthetic,” he said.
But without more delay, here’s the some more images from one of next year’s most anticipated films.

The Dark Knight Rises opens on July 20th, 2012.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
The story will pick up eight years after The Dark Knight
Interesting. That is quite a gap. Does that mean that Gotham has been without Batman for 8 years?

Semper Fooey
So to defeat Bane all Batman has to do is remove the mask?

I don't remember asking you a ******* thing!
Interesting. That is quite a gap. Does that mean that Gotham has been without Batman for 8 years?

It probably means that Batman has still been working for 8 years, but under pressure from the cops. After all, *SPOILER* he was blamed for Harvey Dent's death at the end of The Dark Knight. He's probably had to stay even more in the shadows while fighting crime.

Yeah that's not to impressive, is that true from the comics about Bane and the pain.
Not sure if you're being serious with this question/comment...

Bane uses a powerful steroid called Venom in the comics. That's what is supplied to him in the comic book version through his mask. Though it was pumped straight into his brain in the comic which is what made him so ridiculously huge.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Juno's gonna be Batgirl, if that is true then that is just nuts.

Ellen Page rumored for The Dark Knight Rises

Nov 22, 2011

Production on Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight Rises is over, but the rumor mill certainly isn’t. A site appropriately named The Dark Knight Rises Rumors has now received word that Ellen Page has secretly been cast in the the film as Barbara Gordon, aka Batgirl. A reader of the site was walking through the set and spotted a trailer with Page’s name on it. There’s really noway of knowing if Nolan secretly cast the actress in the film. She was recently working on a film called The East, and this could be a total fabrication if the times don’t match up.
However, there’s reason this could be true. Nolan has been known to reuse actors in his films, and Page certainly left an impression after her role in Inception. We briefly caught of glimpse of Gordon’s unnamed daughter at the end of The Dark Knight, and we could be seeing alot more of her in this film. Nolan recently revealed the film will take place 8 years after The Dark Knight, and that would make Page appropriate to portray the character. However, this is still just a rumor, and should be taken as such. And even if this turns out to be true, don’t expect to see Batgirl in the film.

I'm pretty sure all the Riddler/Batgirl/Robin stuff is just going to be nods to the future, since this is Nolan's last film (apparently, at least). He'll probably just be laying down a few possible new characters that the next guy can run with or not. Fairly considerate of him, assuming I'm right. If not, it makes for some nice easter eggs for more informed fans.

Semper Fooey
I doubt Nolan is trying to help the next director. I think he will wrap it up without any loose ends which means no Batgirl or Robin. Those charcters are completely out of Nolan's vision. Batgirl is an even sillier character than Robin. Barbara Gordon might be in this as just Barbara Gordon, but I doubt Ellen Page has been secretly cast to play her.

Sure, he won't have loose ends, but tossing in an orphaned cop named Dick Grayson or making a reference to Gordon's daughter wouldn't be a "loose end," though. There are ways of doing these things that allows them to either remain playful nods to fans, or else become foreshadowing if the next film decides to see them through. Like Fox's reference to "cats" in The Dark Knight.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Gary Oldman thinks we could see two more Dark Knight sequels

Dec 7, 2011

We’ve already heard several times that Christopher Nolan will be done directing Batman films after The Dark Knight Rises is released next July, and even Christian Bale has stated that he’s also done with Batman. Well, Crave Online intereviewed Gary Oldman, who thinks we could be seeing more films set in Nolan’s Bat-verse. “Yeah, yeah. For us I think it’s the end. Whether they will make more, my guess is probably. I mean, they don’t have Potter anymore. So, there could be a Batman 4 a 5. It may be Chris overseeing it in a producorial position, but for us and for Chris I think that’s it. It’s a great way to go out though. It’s a great story. Epic, epic thing it is,” he said.
Fans will likely get excited about it, but it’s really nothing to get excited about. Warner Bros has already announced (here) they plan on rebooting the franchise several months ago with Nolan staying on as producer. However, money has a way of changing minds, and WB may want to keep to the current franchise with a new cast and crew. Unfortunately, there’s a way to continue the franchise regardless of how Nolan finishes this film. Nolan recently revealed the film will be set 8 years after The Dark Knight, and the studio could easily make another trilogy that is set in that time period. Reboot or not, we’ll definitely be seeing more of the Dark Knight on the big screen.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Awesome!

Any idea when we will get a proper trailer?

You could almost say that they don't even need a proper 2 minute trailer, the anticipation is already at fever pitch.