Favorite Anime

Tools    

What is your fav anime? Do you love anime or loathe it? Japanese Animation or Anime for short. Some populart anime include:
Pokemon
Dragonball Z
Gundum Wing
Cowboy Bebop

Whats your ideas of these really really popular cartoons?

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Excel Saga is pretty damn funny. The entire show is insane. I like the Emergency Food Source/Dog, Menchi (who also howls out the ending credits), and the eternally unlucky migrant worker, Pedro, who's line "Why would you do that to Pedro?" always makes me crack up. It's like anime for South Park fans.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Fighting out of the Lions Den
The Ghost in the Shell ...by a country mile.

I've gotta go with Sailor Moon (it's my kid's favorite, too), but only the R and S series. Don't care much for the SuperS stuff.

Beware the Moon
I suppose really there has to be at least three top ones which are in no particular order but are;

Akira, Fist of the North Star and Ghost in the Shell but there are plenty of others that I like a lot and have in my collection.......but they are generally inferior in some way to these three.

Federal Marshall
T R I G U N- v.good anime with a cool post apocalyptic setting and likeable characters.

Akira, Fist of the North Star and Ghost in the Shell but there are plenty of others that I like a lot and have in my collection.......but they are generally inferior in some way to these three.
Wait--isn't this thread about TV anime? Or were these three serieses (series's? serii? ) at some point and I didn't know about it?

Actually, my all time favorite anime has to be Neon Genesis Evangelion. It's a weird mix of the whole giant robot genre, Ultra-Man, Twin Peaks, The X-Files, 1990's culture, art movies, theology, Jewish mythology, and blasphemy. It's mind blowing stuff, not for those who like everything neatly wrapped up or even explained to them. The first movie just came out, which is the alternate ending to the tv series, which clears up a lot of the series loose ends. If this wasn't so graphically violent at points, they should run the whole series on Sci-Fi channel or even MTV, where it would fit in pretty well.

21st century digital boy
Originally posted by Monkeypunch
Actually, my all time favorite anime has to be Neon Genesis Evangelion. It's a weird mix of the whole giant robot genre, Ultra-Man, Twin Peaks, The X-Files, 1990's culture, art movies, theology, Jewish mythology, and blasphemy. It's mind blowing stuff, not for those who like everything neatly wrapped up or even explained to them. The first movie just came out, which is the alternate ending to the tv series, which clears up a lot of the series loose ends. If this wasn't so graphically violent at points, they should run the whole series on Sci-Fi channel or even MTV, where it would fit in pretty well.
Evangelion is pretty cool, I agree. My favorites right now are:

Project A-Ko
Castle of Cagliostro
Metropolis
Akira
Perfect Blue
Revolutionary Girl Utena
Gunsmith Cats
Cowboy Bebop
Serial Experiments Lain
Excel Saga
Ranma 1/2
Tenchi Muyo

can you tell I like Anime? Jeez. I watch way too much

New good show:

Adventures of the Mini-Goddesses. This is a weird, weird, weird spinoff from Oh my Goddess (or Ah my Goddess) where the shows characters shrink down to tiny size to help a rat with his problems, but mostly end up making them worse....It's bizzarre, and I don't even know why I find it so hilarious. I don't really like the show it's spun off from, but I like this. Go figure....

here are some all time faves of mines.

series (26 episodes and up):
1. future boy conan
2. eva
3. glass mask
4. votoms
5. nadia
6. heidi, girl of the alps
7. aim for ace
8. gundam z
9. super dimensional fortress macross
10. super dimension century orguss
11. 3000 leagues in search of mother
12. eight man (original 60's)
13. anne of green gables
14. lupin III (series 2)
15. getter robo
16. hikaru no go
17. kare kano
18. revolutionary girl utena
19. ge ge ge no kitaro
20. harlock tv
21. galaxy express 999 tv 1

series (and oav's under 26 eps):
1. giant robo
2. gunbuster
3. otaku no video
4. gundam 0080
5. sherlock hound
6. panda kopanda
7. votoms oavs
8. now and then, here and there
9. key, the metal idol
10. berserk
11. escaflowne
12. shin getter robo
13. here is greenwood
14. glass mask oavs

movies:
1. horus: the little norse prince
2. royal space force
3. spirited away
4. gorsch the cellist
5. gundam 0079 movies (and char's counter attack)
6. robot carnival
7. memories
8. neo tokyo (labrynthe tales)
10. akira
11. toward the terra
12. chie the brat
13. pompoko
14. princess mononoke
15. jin roh
16. beautiful dreamer
17. animal treasure island
18. my youth in arcadia
19. kiki's delivery service
20. space battleship yamato

shorts:
1. the whale hunt
2. the order to stop construction
3. koro's day out
4. daicon 4
5. daicon 3

Get off my island
Originally posted by John Kruger
T R I G U N- v.good anime with a cool post apocalyptic setting and likeable characters.
You better damn well believe. It blows everything else out of the water. Vash is the coolest character ever (no offence to Wolfwood)

MoFo Survivor - r3port3r66 wins!!!!!!

anyone seen ninja scroll?

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Psycho Diver.

You have been Juged!!!!
I watch a lot of anime and my Fav. of all time is
Berserk-the best story ever along with the greatits character devlopment i have ever seen in any thing

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Mine is now Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust, though I plan to watch a few more very soon...

A system of cells interlinked
Features:

Akira
Perfect Blue
Ghost in the Shell
Ninja Scroll
Blood: The Last Vampire
Macross Plus

Series:

Cowboy Bebop
Serial Experiments: Lain
Gasaraki
Record of Lodoss War
Noir
Robotech (Macross/Invid Saga)

I love Anime. It is an undervalued movie medium.

I've seen and loved ....

Guyver: Bio-booster Armour
A bloody (but mild compared to other anime) series that has spawned an American cheap-S**t mini movie franchise. Mark Hamil was in the first one made. Kooky fun but nothing magnificent. But the Japanese anime is great and dark. However Mizuki a character in it deserves to be shot, the Dawn of 'Buffy' style, only much worse.

Akira
The movie and I've read part of the manga series the film was taken from. Waiting eagerly to get hold of the other parts.

That's just two, one series and one film, I've seen lots more.

I haven't seen much in the way of Anime lately,or at least as much as I used too, having seen most of what I have in my early teens.

I have read and heard good things of Princess Mononoko, which I'm considering getting hold of.

I need to get my Anime groove thing going again.

Whipsmart Snapdragon
I concur...it's effect on current cinema, especially indies and foreign films, needs to be aknowledged more often...

Right now into Perfect Blue...