Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

This movie was made for TV and aired in 1975. I believe this was Kurt Russells first big break as top billing actor, although he appears to have played lead before this. There is no movie poster because it wasnt shown in theaters.

Tonight is the night for Curse of the Demon - it's a fairly low budget, 1957 British film about a guy who meddles with things that should not be meddled with, notably a curse that sets a demon on somebody. Unfortunately, the curse comes to him and he must find a way to get rid of the curse before the curse gets rid of him.

It's a fairly crude, black and white movie, starring Dana Andrews, full of wind blown draperies, sudden storms, the moors, candles in the dark, spells, a magician and seances. It does have a demon. The FX on the demon are actually pretty good, even though you only get fleeting glimpses. Even the fleeting glimpse is enough that I don't want to see that demon because it's obvious that when you do, your numbers is up.

The DVD came with another version of the movie, Night of the Demon. After I watched "Curse" I read that the "Night" is a version where the result of tangling with a demon are revealed in more graphic detail. I'll have to try that one later.

Tonight is the night for Curse of the Demon - it's a fairly low budget, 1957 British film about a guy who meddles with things that should not be meddled with, notably a curse that sets a demon on somebody. Unfortunately, the curse comes to him and he must find a way to get rid of the curse before the curse gets rid of him.

It's a fairly crude, black and white movie, starring Dana Andrews, full of wind blown draperies, sudden storms, the moors, candles in the dark, spells, a magician and seances. It does have a demon. The FX on the demon are actually pretty good, even though you only get fleeting glimpses. Even the fleeting glimpse is enough that I don't want to see that demon because it's obvious that when you do, your numbers is up.

The DVD came with another version of the movie, Night of the Demon. After I watched "Curse" I read that the "Night" is a version where the result of tangling with a demon are revealed in more graphic detail. I'll have to try that one later.

This one is high on my watch list along with the Black Castle.

You mean me? Kei's cousin?

I'm planning to catch this dope flick called "Inception." It's all about mind-bending dreams and action-packed thrills. Definitely gonna be a wild ride.