Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

We agree there. But seriously I do not see why people would like it.
This essay describes my thoughts better than I could if you're interested. It's less about "liking" it though, as there are multiple films I can watch under pretense of engagement with ideas rather than enjoyment. Perhaps I'm more predisposed to being open to bizarre stuff but I'm certainly not alone on this one.

Bizarre I can handle. Weird I like quite a bit. Bizarre is not the word I would use to describe this movie.

And after reading the essay I now know where the director came from, but now I have to question if he could not have chosen a better way to reflect these feelings in the film.

I guess if the movie is going to be shocking, explicit, and exploitative, the movie had better be campy and or fun for me to like it.

And after reading the essay I now know where the director came from, but now I have to question if he could not have chosen a better way to reflect these feelings in the film.
This I can understand. And I partially agree, though it's hard to find the line between the fear and hatred he wanted to express and another option to express it. I cannot say.

I guess if the movie is going to be shocking, explicit, and exploitative, the movie had better be campy and or fun for me to like it.
You may want to avoid In the Realm of the Senses then.

The Royal Tenenbaums (2001)

A story about unusual family told on unusual way from the eyes of Wes Anderson.
It’s good family drama with many elements of comedy with strange and memorable characters directed in a wonderful, fairytale like, way.
It doesn’t deviate much from other Anderson’s movies. Directing is almost the same with similar type of characters and narration. Since it’s probably most normal of his movies I would recommend it to those not familiar with Anderson’s work.

8/10

Another Earth (2011)

Simple story about a mistake, tragedy, ruined lives and redemption with metaphorical Sci-Fi elements which only purpose is to highlight hope for different flow of life.
It’s a type of story seen many times before, even with that Sci-fi context but it always leaves hard impact on viewer like the true drama should do. This probably is enjoyable only to the drama lovers and although it is kind of Sci-fi it definitely isn’t for typical Sci-fi fan.

7,5/10

Star Trek Into Derpness

It was good, but JJ Abrams has taken a step backward in demonstrating he's the right man for the Star Wars reboot. Some moments of the film were so cliche and silly that it almost appeared intentional.

I am...
DOLLY IN ON YOUR ****ING FACE GERSPLOOSH!
Khan
DUN-DUN-DERP

Like, that had to be a joke. Nobody ever considered how stupid that mechanic is, especially when used ad nauseum?

Finally worked out how to watch movies on my iPad so have put my three hours of daily travel to good use lately.

Star Wars 1 - 6

Never watched 1-3 and been a long time since I've watched the others. 4 & 5 are still great, 6 is ok and I can't believe the person who created Star Wars made 1-3. They have poor acting, bad scripts, little in the way of story and whilst the special effects are the only thing they have going for them, they still aren't great - far too cartoon like. Very disappointed.

In order 4/10, 4/10, 3/10, 9/10, 8/10 & 5/10.

Marjoe

1972 documentary about a former child preacher. Very interesting.

7/10

After Hours

Scorsese movie about a guy having a bad night. Oddly fascinating.

8/10

In Time (2011)

You know that movies with good idea that you like at the beginning but at the end there’s actually no good sides of the movie that you can point out to someone who didn’t see it? Yes, In Time is one of that kind.
Development of characters almost couldn’t be shallower, there’s a few plot holes, acting of some supporting actors is terrible and so on, but all in all it isn’t all bad. It’s fun and mostly interesting and really enjoyable to Sci-Fi/Action lovers but to someone expecting new Gattaca this will be disappointing.

6,4/10

Three Coloros: Blue (1993)

First part of Krzysztof Kieslowski's trilogy about French society concerns how the wife of a famous composer deals with the death of her husband and child in accident.
Somber and dark drama for lovers of good old European existentialism. You probably shouldn’t watch this if you’re in a good mood or you want the movie that will bring you in one but only if you want to watch people suffering and trying to cope with mayor life problems. Of course, that’s not something negative but watching it with wrong expectations and in wrong mood will definitely end with not loving the film.
It’s good drama with great atmosphere but there’s nothing to remember from it. Characters are plain and their relationships are strange, there are almost no happenings, dialogues often have no sense and when you combine that with negative emotions that this movie causes final impression isn’t best.
But there’s something in it that would make you watch it again. Something attractive. So I would say that if you are in a mood for hard and dark existentialism go for a Kieslowski’s trilogy, but only then.

6,8/10

Here's what I've watched this weekend:
The Bay - 9/10
Batman (1989) - 9/10
Infestation - 8/10

The Boondock Saints

For me it is "that movie" the one I can watch over and over and never seem to get tired of. In hindsight I should have put it higher on my top 50. Oh well if and when I expand my 50 to a 100 or update my top 50 I will rectify that.

And when I'm all alone I feel I don't wanna hide
Before Sunset (2004)

Like its predecessor, a delightfully human and well-written film. Finds new ground and expands on it, yet remains sincere to the original. Its minimalist approach to story enhances the simplicity of the film, yet also develops the intricacy of both leads. Its conclusion almost felt abrupt in its pacing, and even somewhat underwhelming. Furthermore, I also thought 80 minutes was relatively short to tell this type of story. Nonetheless, a good film and slightly superior to the first.

And when I'm all alone I feel I don't wanna hide
The Naked City (1948)

Beyond its interesting documentary-like approach, this film was just empty and off-putting. Not even its relatively diverting story could make up for the monotonous characters and repellent pacing. In saying that, film noir has never been my thing, but this was definitely underwhelming.

Over the past few days

Star Trek Into Darkness 7/10
Dead Man Down 7/10
Prometheus 8/10
Total Recall 2012 6/10

The Driver
3/5 which surpassed my expectations..

good car chase starts off early on (above average!) and as the movie progresses i wasn't bored with the plot. another nice car chase near the end