Your own movie prejudices?

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
When there are so many movies, sometimes we discriminate, or rather put other films instead of the genres we like least.

I've been meaning to watch the animation film, "Walking Life" but I always put animation and silent films on the bottom of my lists, unless I have many recommendations. For example, I really loved Persepolis. And I really like Richard Linklater, I think he's probably the best younger director besides Paul Thomas Anderson. I'm also much more likely to watch an older film than a newer one.

I don't care for the vast majority of romantic comedies. Other than that I'm game for anything.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I tend to shy away from arthouse films, and a vast majority of foreign films unless they have martial arts or Chow Yun Fat in them. LOL.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I agree also... I did like Annie Hall, Manhattan, When Harry Met Sally, but there aren't that many I can think that are great. If I want comedy, I'll watch standup..

14 years ago when I was just an average movie goer, I thought anything old and black & white was a waste of time. Then I got into films and found that I loved old classic Hollywood 1930-1959.

I don't have any prejudices against other types of films. It's not a prejudices not to watch what you are not into. I've seen all types of films and in 14 years have had enough experience to know what I like.

Time is short and the older I get the more I feel this. It's not a matter of having prejudices but knowing my taste.

Honestly, just like it is with music, I love every single genre of cinema.

As it says quite clearly under my avatar, the genre really doesn't matter to me at all. Obviously a certain storyline or style of choice can throw me off a bit, but it will never keep me away forever if it's praised or recommended by many I know.

I can watch comedy, romantic, action, arthouse, horror, thrillers and I still like some blockbusters, and I'm up for them if I hear they are great... Lot of bad ones out there though, but still I'm waiting impatiently for the next Fast-movie or the next Apes-movie. I'll go to the cinema in a heartbeat for the next Malick-film or next Nolanfilm, love them all in their own way (though Nolan has fallen off imo. Wasn't a fan of Interstellar or Rises).

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Bond movies. I've seen two and have no desire to see anymore . If del Toro or Bardem can't get me to like one, then nothing can.

I'm pretty much open to anything, but I'll procrastinate watching something that's very long, unless it really suits my taste. It's the only reason I haven't seen Gone With the Wind yet.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I'm open to everything!

Okay, that sounds pretty gay...
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I'm prejudiced against movies that seem very cliché (like bio-pics, lots of horror/slasher flicks and rom-coms), superhero films and films that seemingly only focus on action, unless it's with a star I really enjoy watching or a film from a director I usually appreciate.

Usually I stay away from superhero films as well. But other than the X-Men movies, I've seen pretty much every other superhero movie out there. For some reason I still end up seeing them, even though they're not good 99% of the time.

And if there's one type of film that I absolutely loathe, it's mumblecore.

I'm with Godoggo ^^ James Bond.
Seen all of them. Once. Won't be bothering with Spectre though.

I tend to steer clear of foreign language movies. Had some shtick on here for that, but I'm just not a fan of subtitled movies. I won't avoid all subtitled movies... Pan's Labyrinth is one of my 101% rated films, for instance.
Bit of a stigma, I know, but that's me.

I also tend to stay away from stuff like chick flicks. Sappy movies like Bridgette Jones, When Harry Met Sally, Twilight, The Notebook, Dirty Dancing, Notting Hill, Sex And The City etc etc etc... designed solely for housewives who think that their weight and failed relationships are the be-all and end-all of everything.

We all have the right to dislike certain types of films.

Personally, I don't care for animation, horror/slasher, comic book, CG blockbuster movies, most modem Hollywood films and movies with subtitles ( not the movies themselves but I don't like reading subtitles).

I've seen and enjoyed examples of all those, but there not something I normally seek out to watch. Though I would not knock them, as good films are found in every category and the fans of those films have the right to like them.

Other than classic movies, what others do you enjoy?

The subtitles complaint is still one of the most ridiculous that I have ever heard.

The subtitles complaint is still one of the most ridiculous that I have ever heard.
Bluelion how can you say that's ridiculous when it's clearly my preference not to like reading sub titles?

I did not say foreign language films were bad because they had subtitles. I did not say they were bad at all.....I said I don't like to read subtitles, I don't like to read books either. If you say you don't like comic book movies because they don't appeal to you, should I say that's ridiculous? Are you saying I don't have a right to have movie preference, because it doesn't coincided with yours?

Master of My Domain
Don't have a certain genre that I discriminate, as long as the movie can give me a good time I'm okay with anything. After all, that's why we watch movies and enjoy them.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
and movies with subtitles ( not the movies themselves but I don't like reading subtitles).

Other than classic movies, what others do you enjoy?
Mainly I like Hollywood films from 1930 to 1959. Especially Precode, film Noir, musicals, anything that has a director or actor in it that I like. Also I like the 1960s. For post 1990 films I like Indy, period pieces, and mainstream films that are not designed for mass entertainment.

Ohh, forgot I like sappy B budget sci-fi and old horror films too. As well as more serious sci-fi. I usually like a good western too.