[NEW THING] Clubs

Tools    

Or else there'll be a LYNCH MOB didn't even think of that. I'll have to hire people to stalk the site looking for members; you'll never know who they are because they'll be like ninjas.

Lynch Cult... i mean Crew

Master of My Domain
What is this new fancy thing and how can I access it?

There's Six Lynchians right now!
There are still only 4 of us in Club Cronenberg. I should track down the other Canadian MoFos and tell them that if they don't join, they're doing their country a disservice or something.

It also doesn't help that all the Cronenberg-related threads are...not exactly fresh. I was going to start a new one but figured I'd wait to see what's happening with the club home base threads, since that might make a new director thread irrelevant. In the meantime I guess I could bump some ancient threads if I wanted to discuss something.

Maybe I should start pimping Cronenberg's films for the Sci-Fi countdown before it's too late to get a list in.

Okay, added a few more Clubs (for Lynch, Kurosawa, and Cronenberg). The Curators have been notified so they should be tagging discussions soon.

I'd like to add Spielberg, Capra, and Kubrick as well before shifting onto features for a bit. Any takers for any of those? It won't be a lot of work, but I will need you to do it pretty quickly after I add it.

Chris
I can curate a Capra Club

Haaa! Sitting watching Starship Troopers...

I got a great quote if there's a Verhoeven Club going up.

The "Would you like to know more?" Paul Verhoeven Fan Club

Update! I've added the ability to check off films you've seen right from each Clubs page. And the "Recently Seen" box will show all seen films, not just ones that happen to be on Lists.

This is a precursor to a new feature that ties into this larger seen tagging system, possibly available in the next day or so, but if not, almost certainly by next week.

I like it! It's very useful! I've already checked off the Billy Wilder films that I've seen.

At the bottom of Wilder's filmography it list Bad Seed...IMDB doesn't list that as a Billy Wilder film. There's a Bad Seed (20000 and The Bad Seed (1956) which is directed by Mervyn LeRoy.

Right now I have to add them manually, which is on hold for a few days while I finish editing the Oscar podcast and fixing some bugs (and generally helping out the new IMDB alums however I can). But soon! Please do throw in your hat in advance so I can create it with the next batch. I'm thinking 3-4 more and then focus on expanding the feature set a bit.

OK. If we have enough to follow a John Carpenter, Stephen King, and/or John Hughes group, then those would be great. I'm not sure how many one person is allowed to run, but I think those would be rather popular.

At the moment we're only setup for directors, so I can't do a King one for awhile. But I think Carpenter and Hughes are great additions. CR volunteered to Curate the Frank Capra one, too. I think at that point if we can find someone to run (again, very little work actually involved) a Kubrick club, that'll cover us for awhile, unless we have a volunteer for Spielberg, too.

So these Clubs are only of directors? I would really dig Clubs based on genres. I'd be all over a horror club.