Your Movie Firsts

Tools    

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
First film i remember watching - The Wizard of Oz

First film i remember watching at the cinema - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

First "grown-up" film i saw - Alien, when I was 5 my brother made me watch Alien and I think that's why I am the way I am.

First subtitled film i saw - Run Lola Run

First film that made me really love movies - Dawn of the Dead (1978)

First film i got on DVD -
Dawn of the Dead (1978)

First "grown-up" film i saw - Star Wars: Episode III, i think. I only remember one scene from that movie, and that is when Obi-Wan Kenobi and Skywalker are fighting, near the end.
Erm... Grown up film?

First film i remember watching - Die Hard

First film i remember watching at the cinema - Lord of the Rings

First "grown-up" film i saw - ???

First subtitled film i saw - The Lives Of Others (Das Leben der Anderen)

First film that made me really love movies - The 400 Blows

First film i got on DVD -
****... was it Rambo?

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
First film I remember watching - Oh geez, I think it was "Mary Poppins."

First film I remember watching at the cinema - "Black Beauty"

First "grown-up" film i saw - "Terminator 2: Judgement Day"

First subtitled film I saw - "Seven Samurai"

First film that made me really love movies - "Indiana Jones & The Raiders of The Lost Ark." Hands down.

First film I got on DVD -
"Zoolander"

First film I remember watching - ET, i know i saw star wars "6" but not to much memory of it. wizard of Oz

First film I remember watching at the cinema - star wars "6"

First "grown-up" film i saw - star wars "6"

First subtitled film I saw - prob something my mom wanted to see, but on my own it was a kung-fu movie

First film that made me really love movies - cant say, i think i was just always into movies

First film I got on DVD -
show girls..the NC-17 version, i got it "per-viewed" for 15 dollars, no i wasnt over 21 either..i dont think i was even 18.

when you are 3/4/5 it sure is...i was only allowed to watch public television, and after 6 it was done.

so at that age, getting to see something like that was grown-up and adult..and i know everyone has become lax about movie ratings, but it wasnt rated "G".

PG/PG-13 still ment it wasnt intended for anyone under the age of 12. and if it dosent count, then i would say the hunt for red october, and it qualifys as a adult film by being boring to a 12/13 year old, and sitting in the theater with family.

All the Star Wars films were rated U here. That's Universal, the equivalent to a G rating in the States. However, that's not why they're childrens films, the rating has nothing to do with it. They're childrens films because they're for children. Seriously, I can't make it any clearer than that.

My First Movie Is Moneyball..........

Jurassic Park was first movie i remember watching,that was 1993 or 1994,and i remember that my mom was explaining me that it was all acting...for me than it was coolest thing i ever saw,especially on first half of movie,when i though it was real.

First film I remember watching - I really have no idea. Must have been some animated cartoon.

First film I remember seeing at the cinema - It was some finnish film about a boy and a lynx.

First 'grown-up' film I saw - I saw The Client when I was about 8. I was trying to sleep on the couch, but this movie was on tv and I kept watching it 'cause I found it so interesting and thought Brad Renfro was just lovely haha.

First subtitled film I saw - Home Alone. English isn't my native language, so...

First film that made me really love movies - I've loved movies ever since I started watching them. But I guess Mulholland Drive was the one that really hooked me.

First film I got on DVD - The Aristocats, no wait.. that was VHS. lol. Must have been Schindler's list.

First film I remember watching - The Land Before Time

First film I remember seeing at the cinema - Shrek... I think

First 'grown-up' film I saw - When a Stranger Calls (1979)

First subtitled film I saw - Since I speak Russian and I don't need subtitles that probably doesn't count so let's go with damn can't remember the name, all I remember it's a weird French comedy.

First film that made me really love movies - Poltergeist 1,2, & 3

First film I got on DVD - If we're not counting the stupid crap I bought as a kid it'd probably be Ace Ventura boxset. And that is still stupid crap

First film I remember watching: Dumbo - about age 5

First film I remember seeing at the cinema: Same as above

First 'grown-up' film I saw: Godfather II when I was 10; saw GFII before GF. Read Puzo's GF when I was in fifth grade.

First subtitled film I saw: Seven Samurai.

First film that made me really love movies: Godfather II.

First film I got on DVD: Can't remember. That's not a movie title; I really don't remember.

Cool thread... cheers for bumping it guys...

First film I remember watching - Either Raiders Of The Lost Ark or Goonies, may even have been Superman. I've got memories of my 3 brothers watching Empire Strikes Back on Betamax as well, so it may even have been that. Can still remember them all screaming like girls when Vader tells Luke the truth.
I'd have been about 2 or 3 years old.

First film I remember seeing at the cinema - Honey, I Shrunk The Kids. I wanted to see Ghostbusters 2 but my mum said "No, we're here to see Honey, I Shrunk The Kids". And that was the end of that.

First 'grown-up' film I saw - Robocop at my brother's house when I was 6 years old.

First subtitled film I saw - ?? Subtitled movies are instantly forgettable.

First film that made me really love movies - Ghostbusters, maybe Superman.

First film I got on DVD - Pitch Black. I still have the receipts in all of my DVD boxes, June 2001.

First film I remember watching - I'm pretty sure it was Braveheart on TV.I don't remember anything about it now.
First film I remember seeing at the cinema - Spy Kids: Game Over
First 'grown-up' film I saw - Braveheart
First film that made me really love movies - Not sure,probably Forrest Gump.
First film I got on DVD - Leon.I used to watch it everyday but usually just some parts,not whole.

Ok, ok...

... I think there's one that I actually liked: Kung Fu Hustle.

Other than that, they must be forgettable, I can't for the life of me remember any others that I've actually seen, let alone the first one I saw.

Quick Edit: Passion Of The Christ is another. That's definitely it now.