What are 10 TV Shows you would recommend?

Tools    

Most of the shows that I'm watching on a break and I'm in a desperate search for good shows. Here are 15 shows that I recommend. Please recommend some that are not on this list.

I mostly watch action/crime shows...

1. The Blacklist
2. Homeland
3. Strike Back
4. Blindspot
5. Better Call Saul
6. Game of Thrones
7. The Last Kingdom
8. Gifted
9. Shooter
10. Agents of Shield
11. Silicon Valley
12. Power
13. Punisher
14. Into the Badlands
15. Lethal Weapon

Carnivale (season one)

Sopranos

Bored to Death

Stranger Things

The Brak Show

Sealab 2021

Westworld

That's all that come to mind, I may have left some out.

Thanks to Siddon, definitely Justified. Sorry Raylon, sorry Boyd.

Most of the shows that I'm watching on a break and I'm in a desperate search for good shows. Here are 15 shows that I recommend. Please recommend some that are not on this list.

I mostly watch action/crime shows...
1. Midsummer Murders(1997-Today) 116 film length murder mysteries that take place in Suburban England

2. IZombie (2015-Today) Liv More was your typical overacheiving doctor who was then scratched by a Zombie. Now she uses her Zombie powers to solve crimes. While it sounds goofy it is very good in the way it blends episodic crime episodes with an overarching Zombie story-line.

3. Narcos (2015-Today) The story of the US Agents in Columbia trying to take down Pablo Escobar. Great production values and pacing you've got three seasons of this.

4. Mindhunters (2017) True story of the FBI's serial Killer unit, less action and more like David Fincher's Zodiac

Mini-Series/Limited Series

5. Harpers Island (2009)
6. And Then There Were None (2015)

If you like one by one Serial Killer type shows the BBC version of Agatha Cristies story is fantastic. Also there was a summer CBS TV show about a Wedding were a murderer is on the loose.

7. Prime Suspect (1991-2006)

Helen Mirren plays a woman rising through the ranks in London. Each mini series covers a different crime.

8. Justified(2010-2015)
9. Hannibal(2013-2015)
10. Life (2007-2009)

Three very different cop shows that you will binge through

This is an irresistible topic so I m taking the opportunity to list some of my faves, just off the top of my head. Some are older classics -and you'll see I m a fan of comedy, so be forewarned of my bias - I like to laugh:

1- Doc Martin a smart, funny Brit comedy that started out as a sort of alt show, but gained so much momentum that the scenic English town where it s filmed is now over run with t

Tourists , over run with tourists is what I was starting to type when the d-;&(;m thing posted before I was ready - so I ll try again :

1 first was Doc Martin a very unlikely subject of empathy, or sympathy, but some how you like him. Sorta. You sorta almost like him but you love the show.

2-Prime Suspect

3-Inspector Morse

4-Jimmy Kimmel -only one who comes a bit close to the master comic/host/ innovator seem on late night in the last 35 years or so: David Letterman The best of his time (and all who follow). Who by his own admission, ran a distant second behind the greatest late night talk show host of all time:

5- Johnny Carson - the gold standard by which all are measured. Not only do his jokes and skits survive the test of time, his genuine support to rising comics gave the springboard to most of today s stars. Watch the first appearances of Seinfeld, Roseanne, Letterman, Oprah, etc et al. And while your at it look forward to upcoming Letterman show on Netflix. No one living imho who is funnier, faster or more apt.

6- Bull - He can read personalities and uses this ability to aid in jury trials. Well done and well paced, and man o man I wish I could do it.

7- Mom - you may not think that a comedy about 2 generations of bad moms now recovering addicts is funny- but it s hilarious.

8-The View- I may be the only one here who still enjoys this morning show of babbling, squabbling high spirited ladies with their takes on everything from politics to birthday gifts to celebrity crushes (Joy Behar so adores of all people, Bernie Sanders, that she named her dog after him lmao) - but
I still get a kick out of it. A very touching moment recently when the newest host was joined by her dad after his surgery- John McCain.

9- Law and Order SUV but any of the series Strong writing, great guest stars, my fave team was Benson and Stabler and Munch and Fin , but they all are compelling dramas. Often seemed ripped from the headlines, often are prescient of the headlines, sometimes disturbing (I ve had to turn off a few) but always riveting and well done, and - you usually can't see the twist ending coming.

10- THE CLASSIC COMEDY MUSTSEEUMS:
I m putting my faves together b/c I think you 're really missing out on something terrific if you haven t watched:
The Honeymooners
I Love Lucy
The Dick Van Dyke Show
The Mary Tyler Moore Show
Rhoda
Taxi
Becker
All In The Family

PS, Not for ladies only, but for those ladies who do enjoy a good show that just happens to be graced by the presence of a smolderingly attractive star-
The Practice
The Fugitive
House

You can't win an argument just by being right!

5. Better Call Saul
6. Game of Thrones
The only 2 I have seen from your list but I would say

Breaking Bad
Narcos
Ozark
The Night of

1- Doc Martin a smart, funny Brit comedy that started out as a sort of alt show, but gained so much momentum that the scenic English town where it s filmed is now over run with tourists.
1 first was Doc Martin a very unlikely subject of empathy, or sympathy, but some how you like him. Sorta. You sorta almost like him but you love the show.
I used to like Doc Martin but fell away in later series. I saw a bit of the last series and it was almost like a parody of itself with the actors looking as though they were a bit rusty and absent-minded about the characters they were playing – too much time in between series maybe? Caroline Catz used to be in the series The Vice with Ken Stott, which was very good.

It was probably always on the cusp of my mind but it's interesting that Martin Clunes should play a part like Martin given that he's related to Jeremy Brett. Clunes is a fantastic actor too, I think especially in Goodbye Mr Chips (2002). The scene where he plays a very elderly Chips is amazing – I believed he was that old.

Here's my list and it contains a good few archival classics:

The Bridge
Wallander
(Both Swedish versions)
Peep Show
Fresh Meat
Secret Army
Blake's 7
Taggart
The Storyteller
The Professionals
The Dorothy L Sayers Mysteries

Ive seensome of that. Its good but disturbing

I used to like Doc Martin but fell away in later series. I saw a bit of the last series and it was almost like a parody of itself with the actors looking as though they were a bit rusty and absent-minded about the characters they were playing – too much time in between series maybe? Caroline Catz used to be in the series The Vice with Ken Stott, which was very good.

It was probably always on the cusp of my mind but it's interesting that Martin Clunes should play a part like Martin given that he's related to Jeremy Brett. Clunes is a fantastic actor too, I think especially in Goodbye Mr Chips (2002). The scene where he plays a very elderly Chips is amazing – I believed he was that old.
Caroline Katz will always be Rosie Fox to me.

Caroline Katz will always be Rosie Fox to me.
I never saw her in The Bill but they do love getting her to play coppers don't they ?

I still enjoy the series. I came in later, so if it was even better in the 'good old days' , I don't miss it. It s just a fun show, with notable characters, unexpected bursts of humor, and I love the landscapes of that quaint little seaside town I also like that there is often an underpinning of ethics and decency to the stories. And Carolyn is always Louisa to me. I can agree that Martin is an excellent actor- I believe his wife is the writer / producer of the show. . I wonder how much of the real Martin she slips in the show????I m sure M is not anywheres as socially clumsy and insensitive as the Doc (who none the less strives mightily to be a good doc) but if the actor forgets an anniversary, would it be slyly written into an episode? There's more than one element of mystery to the show, and another reason why I like it so much. I go way back as a mystery lover, would it be far fetched to say the series is slightly linked to Columbo- both unlikely heroes, dedicated to their professions, dogged in seeking resolution to the problem at hand, and loved by a woman despite their ....ahem.....non movie star countenances? Certainly an element of comedy on both series.

You've just reminded me about Staggered (1994) with Martin Clunes about a stag night that goes wrong. This has a very similar plot to the Rik Mayall Presents episode Dancing Queen (1993), which is a favourite of mine, and Clunes also appears in that in a supporting role.

A few that I've not seen mentioned yet:
  • Engrenages [Spiral] (6 seasons - French)
  • Beck (7 seasons - Swedish)
  • Rejseholdet [Unit One] (4 seasons - Danish) *all episodes based on actual crimes
  • Homicide: Life On The Street (7 seasons - American)

I like the show martin did about dogs. Gorgeous voice he has.

OK back to OP

Not sure why I thought of these suddenly

Dexter and SoA but they go off. Prison Break, but it does as well.

I thought of some more but goldfish brain kicked in. Will come back. Dont forget to say which shows you want to try.

I like the show martin did about dogs. Gorgeous voice he has.

OK back to OP

Not sure why I thought of these suddenly

Dexter and SoA but they go off. Prison Break, but it does as well.

I thought of some more but goldfish brain kicked in. Will come back. Dont forget to say which shows you want to try.
Goldfish brain – I like that one '8 .

There are series that I stopped watching purely because they stopped broadcasting them on British TV. Lost and Dexter are two examples. Once the momentum was gone I drifted away.