Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

A perdre la raison [Our Children] (Joachim Lafosse, 2012)
+
Tragic but imo the director lost his own sense of reason in including the opening

Tried many times to watch this movie, which is strange since it’s an excellent movie. Which I discovered at the weekend when I was determined to finish it.

Quite good, but more like a TV movie. Woody Harrelson & Jennifer Jason Leigh both very good as Mr. & Mrs. LBJ.

Blade (1998)

-

I was never interested in this but watched it because it's on the comic book movies list and is eligible for the horror countdown. I think it's action rather than horror so I wouldn't vote for it no matter how much I liked it, but in any event it was a nice surprise. Snipes was awesome, the rest of the cast was cool, and it's just a whole lot of fun.
It's brilliant, and very well directed. Surely you'd call it a comic book/superhero film before we get to action or horror? It was a real shame about the sequels, and I never saw much of the TV series to pick up on its merits.

Quite good, but more like a TV movie. Woody Harrelson & Jennifer Jason Leigh both very good as Mr. & Mrs. LBJ.

Tried many times to watch this movie, which is strange since it’s an excellent movie. Which I discovered at the weekend when I was determined to finish it.
I don't think it's an easy watch but a rewarding one Stirchley, "Ordinary People".

Loved this movie and glad that you mentoned Russell Hornsby, I thought he was outstanding.
He walked the line (performance wise) between believable loving father and THUG....great acting.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
Blade (1998)

-

I was never interested in this but watched it because it's on the comic book movies list and is eligible for the horror countdown. I think it's action rather than horror so I wouldn't vote for it no matter how much I liked it, but in any event it was a nice surprise. Snipes was awesome, the rest of the cast was cool, and it's just a whole lot of fun.
It's brilliant, and very well directed. Surely you'd call it a comic book/superhero film before we get to action or horror? It was a real shame about the sequels, and I never saw much of the TV series to pick up on its merits.
Need to say this because I’m passionate. The only real shame was blade 3. Blade 2 directed by Guillermo del toro is a decent film. Personally I like it more than the original. Feel it ramps up the action and coolness factor. Not problem with someone liking it less but it’s a worthy sequel - 3 is not.

Hellraiser (1987)

Meet the Cenobites, who gain their place by manipulating other people to make themselves whole, instead of by their own talent itself. Well at least I know my enemy. Has a certain deranged style and humor, at least. And MAN is it messed up.

Uncle Frank

Rating:
+ 5.5 / 10

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hellrai.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	198.3 KB
ID:	51620  

The Old Man and the Gun (2018)

I nice easy breezy movie. Nice to see Redford but at this point he seems more like the ghost of Redford. I liked Sissy Spacek, and strangely enough I found her more appealing now as an old fossil than when she was a spring chicken. Casey Affleck was great in a less intense role than usual, and it's the first time my wife liked him. The movie does a great job at capturing the era.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
LBJ - 2/10
This is a big phony movie. Just terrible. Even the "bung-hole" telephone call (which is on YouTube) is horribly played. Where was the "Johnson Treatment"? Where were his daughters? So much inaccuracy. LBJ constantly voted against Civil Rights, until it became politically expedient to do so...

This is what you get with when a movie is made by a right-winger posing as a professional Democrat.

Lately, I've stopped including movies like these, in an effort not to advertise it.

LBJ - 2/10
This is a big phony movie. Just terrible. Even the "bung-hole" telephone call (which is on YouTube) is horribly played. Where was the "Johnson Treatment"? Where were his daughters? So much inaccuracy. LBJ constantly voted against Civil Rights, until it became politically expedient to do so...

This is what you get with when a movie is made by a right-winger posing as a professional Democrat.

Lately, I've stopped including movies like these, in an effort not to advertise it.
Don't hold back, Matt, how did you really feel about the movie?

Rock music and action movie obsessed guy,
Pain and Gain (2013)
A pretty good biopic/crime comedy directed by Micheal Bay.
8/10

Theory of Everything (2014)

I was hoping for a little bit more, but this was still a pretty good telling of Stephen Hawking's life. It focused a bit more on the personal side of things as opposed to the science side. I'm still not sure what I think about Eddie Redmayne in movies though....