Stephen King's IT (Parts 1 and 2)

Tools    

New Line Cinema will be releasing a new adaptation of Stephen King's horror classic. Directed by Cary Fukunaga (True Detective), no release date has been set. No word though whether if it will be theatrical or as a television two parter.

In an interview Sophia Lillis (Beverly) said she wanted Jessica Chastain to play her in the sequal, in that interview Finn Wolfhard (Richie) wanted Bill Hader to play him and Jack Dylan Grazer (Eddie) would like Jake Gyllenhaal and I hope both those also end up happening

http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/the-kid...-in-the-sequel

This might just do nobody any good.
I was (am) hoping for a lesser known cast.

For example - Corey Stoll as Bill, Sterling K. Brown as Mike, David Dastmalchian as Richie and Scoot McNairy as Stanley.

I guess Chastain was inevitable, though.

Woah, she's beautiful. Never seen her in anything though.
She's been in a bakers dozen of popular well received films over the past 5-6 years. Are you sure you haven't seen her in anything?

Molly's Game
Zookeepers Daughter
Miss Sloane
Crimson Peak
The Martian
A Most Violent Year
Interstellar
Mama
Zero Dark Thirty
Lawless
The Help
Tree of Life
Take Shelter
The Debt

They should’a cast Amy Adams as Beverly, then the creepy pharmacist would’a been right about her looking like Lois Lane.

You gotta see Tree of Life. Or Zero Dark Thirty. At least A Most Violent Year.

James McAvoy and Bill Hader in talks to play adult Bill and Richie, respectively.

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/ja...el-1202749616/

Chastain is officially onboard as Beverly.

James McAvoy and Bill Hader in talks to play adult Bill and Richie, respectively.

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/ja...el-1202749616/

Chastain is officially onboard as Beverly.
I'm down with this possible casting as I like both McAvoy and Hader quite a bit. I've been watching a new show on HBO called Barry, starring Hader as a hitman who gets the acting bug with a local community group. It's dark comedy but Hader can play serious real well. I didn't see The Skeleton Twins so I don't know how he played the dramatic part in that but by all accounts I've heard, he was pretty good. So he'll be doing the funny guy, Richie, but having to deal with the seriousness of a monster. Can't wait to hear the rest of the casting. Please, even though I like him, no Kevin Hart for Mike Hanlon. I kid! But you never know with Hollywood.

They should’a cast Amy Adams as Beverly, then the creepy pharmacist would’a been right about her looking like Lois Lane.
The first thing I said when I saw the first movie was that Sophie looks EXACTLY like Amy Adams.

Hoping for the best..!!! Very excited about it.

IT's the best damn horror movie I've ever seen. And it's the best movie of 2017 as far as I'm concerned. AND it's the best Stephen King movie.