Its Hard for a Movie to make me Laugh

Tools    

Get in your mouse and get out of here.

Seriously some of the best lines.
I love when Uncle Buck character is getting grilled by his nephew.
"I'm a kid, it's my job."

We've got a John Hughes thread around here somewhere. As directors/writers go I think he's responsible for most of my cinematic chuckle time.

At some point last year I was watching Uncle Buck and Planes, Trains & Automobiles weekly.

We've got a John Hughes thread around here somewhere. As directors/writers go I think he's responsible for most of my cinematic chuckle time.

At some point last year I was watching Uncle Buck and Planes, Trains & Automobiles weekly.

Did he do Parenthood?

*off to check*
Oh, no, that was Ron Howard. I'm excited about the Arrested Development movie coming next year.
TV Shows that make me laugh out loud:
Arrested Development
The Office
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Flight of the Conchords

This:

Idk i just cant seem to find a really hilarious movie nowadays theres very few films that i really laugh at anymore , the films i truly find hilarious and only ones i laugh at are such as Big Lebowski , Pineapple Express , Superbad , Snatch , Lock Stock and 2 smoking barrells stuff like that , can anyone reccomend films that will make me laugh ?
is something I can identify with, because, due at least in part to the way in which I was hard-wired together, I've never, ever really been able to laugh at movies that're supposed to make one laugh. It's funny, but that's how it's always been with me.

Banned from Hollywood.
I was probably one of the few people that thought that The Hangover really sucked and wasnt funny at all..

movies that will make you laugh..try The Producers, The Party. etc..

but then again i personally think that comedy is a very relative and touchy subject , as what might make another person laugh , might make someone else consider it stupid..

I usually laugh at dumb stuff, my favorites being Three Amigos, Nacho Libre, Superbad and Mallrats. My significant other doesn't understand why I don't laugh at typical romantic comedies. I smile, like "oh, that's kinda cute", but Jack Black singing "Encarnacion" will split my sides.

Banned from Hollywood.

now that WAS a funny movie.

even though i dont like steve martin as an actor, as i only consider him to be a great stand up comedian and writer, his movie choices the last 20 years have been quite disappointing, . nevertheless respect for the man.

"Laugh 'Til It Hurts" films, for me include: Hot Fuzz, Shaun of the Dead, Step Brothers
Without A Paddle, Open Season,Little Nicky, Wayne's Worlds, N.L's Vacation and Christmas Vac..The Grinch, Semi Pro, Blades of Glory, Tommy Boy,Elf, Wallace&Gromit(warehare),Sharktale,The Shrek Trilogy,Bringing up Baby,Dumb & Dumber, The Frisco Kid, Bruce Almighty, Rocketman,The Mask, 16 Candles,A Christmas Story, Death at a Funeral,The Burbs, What About Bob?, off the top of me brain...

There something about mary, Mr.Bean, Johny English or Night At The museum

One film i found hilarious lately is A Serious Man , absolutely brilliant dark comedy.

Idk i just cant seem to find a really hilarious movie nowadays theres very few films that i really laugh at anymore , the films i truly find hilarious and only ones i laugh at are such as Big Lebowski , Pineapple Express , Superbad , Snatch , Lock Stock and 2 smoking barrells stuff like that , can anyone reccomend films that will make me laugh ?
The only films worth laughing at are some of the Charlie Chaplin movies such as The Great Dictator, Modern Times, and Gold Rush