Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Rear Window (1954)

Finally got around to watching it. I liked Disturbia but I loved Rear Window. If you guys know of anymore movies like this tell me because I love the whole concept of this movie alone. The cast was pretty good especially James Stewart.
Body Double, it's a love letter to Hitchcock and Rear Window/Vertigo

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Diary of a Country Priest - 7/10

The movie pulled me in, but there are parts where the script is too focused on religious imagery that didn't have much weight. It's a very somber film, and that's fine. It's just odd you never see laughter or happiness in a film, but the protagonist (the priest) goes through his own problems, and the interaction between other characters is fun. The narration was definitely not a high point, but I still recommend this film.

Master of My Domain
Three Colors Trilogy: White (Kielowski, 1994)

This film has atmosphere alright, but it doesn't know what it wants to be. It's too solemn and downright pretentious to be a comedy film and on the other hand it's too light-hearted, easygoing, and lacks in length to be considered a powerful drama. No wonder people say this one is the worst out of the trilogy, I probably will end up loving the other two though according to synopses and reviews I read.

Master of My Domain
I think I'll watch Red next since y'all think it's the best one.

Finished here. It's been fun.

The Horse Soldiers

Viewed this one with my mom, who isn't a big Ford fan. She ended up really liking it, as did I. Going into this I had the assumption that this was "lesser" Ford. I do agree that it isn't a masterpiece - but it's a really great film. It's a great piece of entertainment and it's one of his most beautifully shot films, I think. Also contains one of the best Wayne performances.

I think I'll watch Red next since y'all think it's the best one.
No! Watch Red as the last one. I think it's pretty important that you do because of the ending.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé

(COUNTLESS REWATCHES) Disney's Robin Hood
OO-DE-LALLY

(MULTIPLE REWATCHES) Johnny Dangerously
+ Corny, campy, idiotic and I FARGIN LOVE IT

The Divine Move (Korean)
++ A pretty good revenge flick focusing around a game called GO.

Protege (Cantonese)
An undercover agent, heroin crime trade and it's victims. This action movie has a lot of heart to it.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)

It's been way too long since I last saw this, but it was still exactly how I remembered it. I think I appreciate it a little more now, despite not thinking it's exactly great. It's the granddaddy of my type of horror, and I felt love while watching. It would've been incredible to be 16 and see this at the drive-in.

Welcome to the human race...
Garden State -

Definitely lives down to the more unforgiving parts of its reputation.

The Replacements, Howard Deutch
Basically nothing works in this movie, what with its awful dialogue, its zero credibility especially in how Keanu Reeve's character becomes the leader of the team (like really, what does he do to deserve to be called a leader? Nothing. I am not saying I didn't like him as a person, but what the hell), its forced funny moments, its poor direction with some close-ups that should be declared against the low, and god I am all in for some nice booty shaking cheerleaders, but was it really necessary to show them every two seconds during the final match? Nope, it wasn't.
So, as I was saying, nothing works but somehow the movie manages to be enjoyable and has you cheering for the unlikely team that tries to make it to the NFL playoffs.
5.5/10

Housebound, Gerard Johnston.
Nice comedy horror with the perfect balance between...yeah, comedy and horror. Worth watching even if just for how the main character delivers the line "Do they?". It' seriously one the funniest things ever.
Also, the story was pretty good and its perfect in shifting from paranormal elements to more so thriller ones.
7/10