Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Scream, Wes Craven.
When Craven passed away not too long ago, I felt really guilty for not having seen any of his movies, so I decided to start with the Scream saga. For some reason I didn't have a clear idea on what to expect, but I am so glad I watched it. Everything works in this movie, from the endless references to other horror movies to the perfect way tension is built up and then defused, from the best bad dialogues ever to the clever way of hinting at one of the characters as the main suspect and then hinting at a different one in the next scene.
My only hope is that Scream 2, 3 and 4 are half as good as this one.

Not the western style I'm used to, got a bit boring in parts, and the musical interludes are just strange.

A passable courtroom drama, though Robert Downey Jr failed to detach himself from his cocky Iron Man persona in this one, and seemed a little out of place.

The Adjustment Bureau (2011)

I really like this movie, this is one of those films I always wanted there to be a sequel to, I just thought the possibly stories you could tell in this universe could be very interesting. Damon and Blunt are great.

Finished here. It's been fun.

Jeanne Dielman
-

A fascinating film. I get why someone would hate this one, but I felt that it was rather engrossing. It felt like I was watching something I shouldn't be watching. There's no need for the movie to be as long as it is though.

Beerfest (2006) - Jay Chandrasekhar

- This movie is awesome. Remind me in every way of me and my friends at party and bar and the fact that I like beer a lot. Characters are awesome, many scenes are sick and soundtracks like ''Have a Drink On Me'' by ACDC are great. Definitely my kind of comedy and one of my favorite of all-time. I now know why it is in the Top 10 of my buddy Cricket. This movie rock. Highly Recommended to everyone.
+

Unregistered User

Roman Holiday (1953)

Probably my favourite Audrey Hepburn film. Aside from looking absolutely stunning I thought she was well worth the Oscar win. Her chemistry with Peck was excellent too. Overall i thought the movie charming, witty, funny and the scenery was top notch. I'm not usually the biggest fan of this genre but this was great.

Roman Holiday (1953)

Probably my favourite Audrey Hepburn film. Aside from looking absolutely stunning I thought she was well worth the Oscar win. Her chemistry with Peck was excellent too. Overall i thought the movie charming, witty, funny and the scenery was top notch. I'm not usually the biggest fan of this genre but this was great.

It's a great one. I've seen 20 of her feature films.
Breakfast at Tif's and Charade are my favorite two.

The Drop

James Gandolfini's final film. Starring Tom hardy.
An above average crime drama! This was great, I really enjoy the genre and it had a pit bull too. My only problem is that they called the pit bull a boxer. I don't know why they did that, it was obviously a pit bull.

It builds it builds it builds and it has a great satisfying ending.
Good times

Into the Woods

An all star cast in this musical. This plays out like it's made for small children, it's not a movie for adults.

Wind Chill

Another emily blunt movie (into the woods) this is a horror/mystery.

I don't usually enjoy horror but I think the mystery aspects really kept me engaged throughout. This was also a film that could potentially be done on a really low budget - IMDB claims 6 million.

That's great, it's always very inspiring to see a good film on a "low" budget

Listen Up Philip (2014)

A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

Starship Troopers, Paul Verhoeven.
My dad took me to the cinema when I was nine (9!) to watch this movie. Yes, they let me in. 18 years later, all I remembered was my dad hating it and regretting every single moment of it, and me being super excited for being allowed to watch such a movie, with a lot of blood and flying limbs. I watched it again yesterday, but I didn't like it as much. When I was nine I definitely didn't get the militaristic references, I didn't grasp the concept of this naive youth going to war against a super-generic enemy just to gain the status of citizens, I didn't get the blind, fascist enthusiasm they display even after their friends have been slaughtered by nasty, juicy bugs.
Still, the movie lacked any kind of emotional connection for me. I couldn't care less about the characters, and some scenes were unbearably cheese, like the one in which Ibanez drives her little spaceship with the dumbest smile ever on her face. Ugh.
The special effects aged both badly (spaceships) and perfectly (the bugs).
All in all, I am glad I watched it again, but I probably won't it again until I have kids and they turn 9.

6/10

Thane of Glamis, Thane of Cawdor, & King Hereafter
Edward Scissorhands: 9/10 - Great movie, though a bit strange. Love the artistic value of the film.

The Emperor's New Groove: 9/10 - My second favorite animated film of 2000, behind The Road to El Dorado. Absolutely hilarious!

9/10
Italian movie. One of the top 10 most controversial movie of all time.
Extremely horrifying, vulgar and
very painful to watch. BUT, very REALISTIC movie. Give a man power and you will reveal his true character.( god damn true)