A scary thing happened on the way to the Movie Forums - Horrorcrammers

Tools    

Victim of The Night
The dream sequence is decent but nothing special.

The Howling has the superior transformation of the two. It isn’t even close in my book.
Gasp!
And gasp again!

Victim of The Night
I knew it was coming.
When I was reminded of Stephen King's Cycle Of The Werewolf, I immediately thought of this film.

Victim of The Night
I'm sorry to say, but no.
If you want 70's horror-biker movies, then obviously, Psychomania.
Werewolves on Wheels trailer - yes!
Werewolves on Wheels poster - yes!
Werewolves on Wheels the actual movie - eh... Not really.
Though I guess there's always the itch after watching the trailer of, "I am curious...."
This is precisely the reason I have still never seen it even though werewolves are my favorite monsters (not the ones that scare me the most, that would be the Ghost of a Witch but that's another story), because as much as I love everything I've been presented about WoW, I feel pretty confident that it is actually going to suck kinda brutally.

Victim of The Night
I enjoy Dog Soldiers a lot, but I prefer the first one, Dog Soldier, a lot more for its tense, claustrophobic space. I think I just prefer the thriller genre to the action genre.

/making a joke.
That's actually a pretty good joke.

Victim of The Night

For the past few months I've been watching old adventure serials on my lunch break. (15 minutes per chapter gives me plenty of time for a nap.) Today I started Captain America and imagine my delight upon seeing Lionel Atwill's name in the opening credits. He plays the supervillain known as The Scarab.

So I intend to spend the rest of my days boring people at parties by informing them that Lionel Atwill was the MCU's first supervillain.

ps--Edward Van Sloan is in it too - playing a scientist, naturally.
I saw this and got pleasant feelings from it. I will watch anything with Atwill in it. Probably Captain America too.

That is most certainly not a bad Wolfman song. Now we are at loggerheads again.
I mean, "If you got the curves, Baby, I got the angles!" Come on.

I hate that hokey ****ing song. Guess Who have a handful of good tracks, and American Woman is always going to be one of the baddest ass rockers from that time, but I generally don't like Burton Cummings or Burton Cummings' moustache or Burton Cummings' face

This is precisely the reason I have still never seen it even though werewolves are my favorite monsters (not the ones that scare me the most, that would be the Ghost of a Witch but that's another story), because as much as I love everything I've been presented about WoW, I feel pretty confident that it is actually going to suck kinda brutally.

If I recall, there are *some* entertaining parts, at least somewhat entertaining. It's just nothing lives up to the title, poster, or trailer. There's also a lot of parts that just drag.

Victim of The Night
I hate that hokey ****ing song. Guess Who have a handful of good tracks, and American Woman is always going to be one of the baddest ass rockers from that time, but I generally don't like Burton Cummings or Burton Cummings' moustache or Burton Cummings' face
I mean, some of it is nostalgia for me because I miss the 70s and I miss Wolfman Jack (a lot) I miss terrestrial DJs with big audiences and DJs as celebrities and all the 70s slang and how it's almost like a throwback song except that it actually happened when it was happening. And it's catchy. It just makes me smile every time.
I mean, seriously, I loved Wolfman Jack so much. Now that I'm getting older I feel like that's the kind of character I wish I could be. But there's no world for it anymore.

Victim of The Night
Shit, because of my trip to Mexico last week, I forgot Halfway To Halloween. Starting it tonight but it will be abridged.

For anyone here who's interested, the poster we called "DAMU" just uploaded a video listing the connections between The Dark Tower books and the larger "Kingverse", which, as something somewhat Horror-related, is a vid I imagine some of you will enjoy, even if you aren't a gunslinger like @Deschain:

Also, since it's obviously been on my mind a lot lately, I also have to appreciate how, even though it's not one of King's works, DAMU still mentioned that The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly was the first initial seed of inspiration that eventually helped to plant The Dark Tower series (as if I needed any more reason to look fondly upon that movie)...

:P

I know, right? I was so surprised.

Yeah, I don't have anything smart to say about it, but it's a nice looking movie with a nice lead performance and directed with a nice level of economy...

WARNING: spoilers below
... and some nice monster stuff.

The only thing I would have done away with was T.J. Miller, but he's easy enough to tune out.