Nathan Fillion, aka Captain "Cappy" Tightpants

Tools    

Female assassin extraordinaire.
for those of you who know about this firefly business (the Serenity movie, from the Firefly series, with a truly dedicated force of fans: http://serenitymovie.com/, http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/serenity/index.html) you might have noticed a certain actor playing a certain captain who's kinda frickin hot. good lord.

My initial research here at mofo shows no existing threads or commentary on him. I had to make my own. I feel a little newbie over at the Serenity boards and over here I feel bossy and demanding and oh so pretty, so I hereby launch this thread in honor of the lushest, firmest, roundest most delectable @ss I've seen on a white boy in scifi yet! Literally! But you'd have to see the Firefly DVDs to see that @ss so here, instead, is his ugly mug, in a perfectly G-rated format.

I must also comment that he's remarkably attached to the Firefly show that brought him fame (he actually lurks and posts on the Serenity boards, encourages enlisting of additional fans, frequently attends fan conventions/scifi conventions, declares his sincere and deep love for even the SET of his show) and is accessible and charming. His posts are well written (and you know how picky I am about letters) and his camaraderie with his fans so, so ... ya know. Cool.

Of course, he hasn't reached Brad Pitt or Tom Cruise status yet so here's to hoping he never turns into a cad but remains lovable and goofy. That is, as lovable and goofy as he seems on the boards and in interviews. Because, for all we know, he could be a mean sumbeech. Maybe that's why he's so good at being cranky as Captain Malcolm Reynolds ...

Are there any other Firefly/Nathan fans out there? Who else is hot for Cappy? SPILL IT!
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	fillion1.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	5402   Click image for larger version

Name:	fillion2.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	5403   Click image for larger version

Name:	fillion3.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	144.0 KB
ID:	5404  

I started to watch Serenity today I haven't been able to finish it, it maybe for a few reasons, it is a pirated copy which my Nephew got in Phuket, not a great copy, but my biggest problem is: I wasn't sure that I understood what was going on, the question is, should I rent it and try again? Oh by the way Nathan is very

hahaha, i was gonna be depressed that everyone ignored this and no one seems to love Monsieur Cappy here on the boards. *sniffle*

so, i watched the movie before even seeing the show - you should TOTALLY rent it!!!

In the Beginning...
Originally Posted by nebbit
Ok, I will give it a go again
Do yourself a favor, and watch the show first (even just a few episodes, if you can). You'll enjoy the film MUCH more. Although, I imagine you'll end up loving the show, dropping everything until you've seen every episode, and then joining the legions of fans who complain regularly that the show was ever cancelled. It seems to be a disease (and I'm infected).

I don't think Nate Fillion is hot or anything, but he's definitely a cool guy. I read a live interview with him, Joss Whedon, Morena Baccarin, and Summer Glau, and his lines are pretty hilarious.

Originally Posted by thmilin
he actually lurks and posts on the Serenity boards, encourages enlisting of additional fans, frequently attends fan conventions/scifi conventions, declares his sincere and deep love for even the SET of his show) and is accessible and charming. His posts are well written (and you know how picky I am about letters) and his camaraderie with his fans
What is his Browncoats message board username? I meant to register over there months ago, and forgot all about it.

A system of cells interlinked
I am a big FF fan! I own the series on DVD and have watched it multiple times! As for Mal's bum, I will leave the gawking up to you folks, as I am all about my cute little Kaylee. Regardless, some of the best sci-fi in years, and the film was fantastic.

EDIT - Just joined Browncoats. User name = Sedai

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
While I'm not foaming at the mouth, I am a rabid Nathan Fillion fan. The two major things I've seen him in so far he hasn't been just good at the role, he has been the complete definition of perfection.

I don't know the name of the role as I've only seen several episode in passing, but he was awesome as the preacher in season 7 of Buffy. So evil, so badass and that accent was fantastic. And of course, there is Mal in Firefly which clearly we all are in love with.

Slither cannot come soon enough. Not just because the trailer has already declared itself one of my favorite films of '06, but because Fillion is the lead. And we all know what it means whenever this man has the majority of screentime...

Originally Posted by OG-
I don't know the name of the role as I've only seen several episode in passing, but he was awesome as the preacher in season 7 of Buffy. So evil, so badass and that accent was fantastic. And of course, there is Mal in Firefly which clearly we all are in love with.
Caleb, the preacher. Funny how Joss always hits on a fantastic character after his shows are scheduled to go off-air. In Angel, the crew found out the show was cancelled midway through Season 5. They threw caution to the wind, killed off Phred, and resurrected her as one of the coolest sci-fi characters to hit the TV in...well ever. The Illyria cycle on Angel was some of the most enjoyable Whedon-verse stuff ever created...

Oh, and she was BAD ASS....

Character Deathmatch: Illyria vs River Tam

Now, that would be cool....

Hmmm, maybe I just like slinky chicks that do kung-fu...

i'm thmilin (surprise!) on the browncoats boards.

hehehe, Nathan's "Nathan_Fillion" on the Browncoats board, just do a search for him to get all his posts. He's kinda funny. Also a little tweaked.

there's an episode where he gets pissed at a comic book store (they charged inordinate prices for the Serenity comicbook he wanted to buy for his mum), rants for several paragraphs about how everyone should boycott them and squish them, then returns to tell everybody to back off and boy, wasn't that funny. Crazy white man. sad, i find that sexy.

Sedai, help me - I went online and ordered the Serenity DVD and it's from last year. Then I hear all this talk about a Serenity DVD being released Dec 20 2005. So um ... what's the difference between them?? I"m all worried I bought the cripey one or sumthin.

and I am NOT foaming at the mouth. how dare you. i'm salivating. there's a difference.

Originally Posted by thmilin

Sedai, help me - I went online and ordered the Serenity DVD and it's from last year. Then I hear all this talk about a Serenity DVD being released Dec 20 2005. So um ... what's the difference between them?? I"m all worried I bought the cripey one or sumthin.

and I am NOT foaming at the mouth. how dare you. i'm salivating. there's a difference.
Hmmm, nort sure what is up. Still, I am wondering how one would put a DVD out last year, for a film that was released just a couple of months ago. I don't think production had even wrapped last year. Let me know what you get!

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Hadn't heard of the guy til this thread. I even checked his filmography and ..uh.. tv-ography. Thanks for the heads up. And if you like crazy white boys, I can make some introductions.

In the Beginning...
Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
Do I get a finder's fee?
Sure, if you can sniff out intelligence and class like a bloodhound. My mother just tries to set me up with anyone and everyone, so long as they pee sitting down.

EDIT: Actually, while we're on the subject of scrumptious Firefly alum, have a gander at this lady.

MovieForums Extra
After reading this I'm going home and watching my Firefly DVDs tonight! Nathan is the bumb......I mean bomb! I too salivate whilst watching. I can't wait for the movie on DVD. Its definately going to be added to my collection.

My mother is now an official Cappy Tightpants fan. I still like River and Inara.

The browncoats site is down. Is this for good? I hope not, as I was just starting to acrue points! I shall keep an eye on the site, but it seems to have been taken down.

Bummer

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Originally Posted by Sedai

Character Deathmatch: Illyria vs River Tam

Now, that would be cool....

Hmmm, maybe I just like slinky chicks that do kung-fu...
River would win. Hands down. Plus I never really liked Illyria. I dunno, I like nerdy quiet chicks over slinky kung fu chicks. Fred was my favourite character on Angel.

Favourite Fifrefly/Serenity character? Kaylee.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Originally Posted by Monkeypunch
River would win. Hands down. Plus I never really liked Illyria. I dunno, I like nerdy quiet chicks over slinky kung fu chicks. Fred was my favourite character on Angel.

Favourite Fifrefly/Serenity character? Kaylee.
But...Illyria can stop time! She wins.

Kaylee is just such a QT!!

Awwwwww

who's Illyria?

i only like river when she can focus. i don't care if she makes sense, i just need her stalking enemies, not quivering and twitching in a corner!

i tried to be a browncoat, i honestly did, but it was pretty tiring. i spent time just reading versus actually writing anything. mofo is the only sitethat has any dibs on my bbs-ing time.