Best Album of all Time

Tools    

Led Zeppelin III is my favorite album of all time. Discuss. . .
And found he was eating his shoe.

Physical Graffiti - Led Zeppelin
Sgt. Pepper's - The Beatles
Hotter Than Hell - KISS

This is my favorite album of all time:

"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Originally Posted by Garrett
Physical Graffiti - Led Zeppelin
Sgt. Pepper's - The Beatles
Hotter Than Hell - KISS
Why the hell did I even try answering this...there's just too many. Like Tom Waits' "Mule Variations".

I'd say Waits' Bloody Money is actually pretty weak, compared to the rest of his more recent stuff.

It'd be hard to name just one favorite album...

90's top 5:
Radiohead-OK Computer
My Bloody Valentine-Loveless
Pavement-Slanted and Echanted
Bob Dylan-Time Out of Mind
Tom Waits-Bone Machine

80's top 5:
Tom Waits-Rain Dogs
Talking Heads-Remain in Light
Joy Division-Closer
The Smiths-The Queen is Dead
Sonic Youth-Daydream Nation

70's top 5:
Tom Waits-Closing Time
Pink Floyd-Animals
Led Zeppelin-III
Bob Dylan-Blood on the Tracks
Yes-Close to the Edge

60's top 5:
Bob Dylan-The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan
The Velvet Underground-The Velvet Underground and Nico
Bob Dylan-Highway 61 Revisited
Simon and Garfunkel-Bookends
The Beatles-Abbey Road

Originally Posted by Henry The Kid
I'd say Waits' Bloody Money is actually pretty weak, compared to the rest of his more recent stuff.
I couldnt disagree more. Blood Money is actually one of my favorites, [also one of the first I owned]. It's kind of hard to take, even by Waits' standards, but I really dig that organ grinder thing he has going. Starving in the Belly of a Whale has become one of my absolute favorite songs by him. That album is totally unique. What did you think of Alice?

Anyway, here's generally how I'd place his albums:

1 Rain Dogs
2 Closing Time
3 Blood Money
4 Blue Valentine
5 Franks Wild Years
6 Swordfishtrombones
7 Mule Variations
8 Bone Machine
9 Alice
10 The Black Rider

And then the rest of his stuff from the seventies along with live albums in pretty much arbitrary order.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
okay, best album ever? My candidates:

Iggy and The Stooges, Raw Power
The Who, Who's Next?
Ramones, Leave Home
Janis Joplin, I got dem ol' Kozmic Blues again, Mama!
Rolling Stones, Let it Bleed
The Clash, London Calling
Johnny Thunders and The Heartbreakers, L.A.M.F.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Bruce Campbell Groupie
Anything by Nine Inch Nails, Rammstein, David Bowie or Iggy Pop.

Originally Posted by linespalsy
1 Rain Dogs
2 Closing Time
3 Blood Money
4 Blue Valentine
5 Franks Wild Years
6 Swordfishtrombones
7 Mule Variations
8 Bone Machine
9 Alice
10 The Black Rider
I think that's the same as mine, except I would put Mule Variations in 2, Blood Money at 7, and Closing Time at 3.

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by led_zeppelin
Led Zeppelin III is my favorite album of all time. Discuss. . .

Pink Floyd: Dark Side of the Moon
Radiohead: OK Computer
Shpongle: Are you Shpongled
Beatles: Revolver
Rush: Moving Pictures
Al Green: Al Green's Greatest Hits (Oh pardon me! That would be The Reverand Al Green)
Led Zeppelin: Physical Graffiti
A Perfect Circle: The Thirteenth Step

Originally Posted by linespalsy
I couldnt disagree more. Blood Money is actually one of my favorites, [also one of the first I owned]. It's kind of hard to take, even by Waits' standards, but I really dig that organ grinder thing he has going. Starving in the Belly of a Whale has become one of my absolute favorite songs by him. That album is totally unique. What did you think of Alice?

Anyway, here's generally how I'd place his albums:

1 Rain Dogs
2 Closing Time
3 Blood Money
4 Blue Valentine
5 Franks Wild Years
6 Swordfishtrombones
7 Mule Variations
8 Bone Machine
9 Alice
10 The Black Rider

And then the rest of his stuff from the seventies along with live albums in pretty much arbitrary order.
I just think he tried a little bit too hard to be eccentric on Blood Money, he sounds so much more "natural" on most of his other latter day releases. From any other artist it would be brilliant, but when you have someone as consistently brilliant as Waits, I guess it's just hard not to hold him to ridiculously high standards.

I've never really thought about making a list of his. It would be pretty difficult. I do adore Rain Dogs, but sometimes I wish he had just made a shorter album with longer songs, as it can sound spotty if you're in the wrong mood. Mule Variations is fantastic, but I slightly prefer Bone Machine. Even though his ballad stuff doesn't compare to his always-changing style of modern times, Closing Time still rises above most of his others.

Tom Waits and Bob Dylan are the few singer/songwriters I can talk about day in day out.

Frizzle Fry Primus

While I can't be sure it's my absolute favorite, Faith No More's The Real Thing is currently very, very high on my list.

I am having a nervous breakdance
It might be:

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by projectMayhem
While I can't be sure it's my absolute favorite, Faith No More's The Real Thing is currently very, very high on my list.

FNM is one of my fav bands as well, although I prefer the later stuff for the INSANE production skills used on the albums and I tend to like the newer guitarist more as well. So, King for a Day and AotY are the discs I really love, but Angel Dust and The Real Thing have some incredible writting as well. I don't care for the first album.

Many like the Real thing best as they feel they were at their most creative then.

Put me in your pocket...
I don’t know how there can be a ‘Best Album of all Time’. Too many great choices.

Here's a few more to throw into the mix of the best....

Carole King ~Tapestry
Fleetwood Mac ~Rumours
Billy Joel ~River of Dreams

Originally Posted by Garrett
Frizzle Fry Primus
I have never heard Primus. Are they any good? (I would like replys from people other than Garett, cuz I already know he like them.)

Originally Posted by led_zeppelin
I have never heard Primus. Are they any good? (I would like replys from people other than Garett, cuz I already know he like them.)
Actually Garett, you have my permission to reply.