'90s Song Tournament

Tools    

The long list wasn't for the sake of the other participants, it's for the sake of my sanity

This way when I go to post the matches, I can easily click "quote" on the list post, then copy and paste the links into the new post for the brackets. That's also why I asked for the links to be formatted a certain way, so that they would be uniform and I could easily copy and paste them as needed.

Oh, how smart. I should have thought of that. You don't even need Challonge, then.

Oh, how smart. I should have thought of that. You don't even need Challonge, then.
I may still use it. Does it set up the initial matches at random?

Yeah. I'd juggle them around a few times, though, after you enter in everything, and before you start the tournament. There's a button for that.

Okay, so the nominees have been entered (initially in the order shown in the list on the previous page of this thread), then shuffled 5 times before finalizing. Here are the upcoming matches:

90s Song Tournament

Again, actual voting will begin tomorrow at approx. 7:00 p.m. Pacific time. I will create a new thread for voting purposes. I'll post 8 matches per day. Voting for each set of matches will be open for approximately 24 hours.

A few things about the voting portion of the tournament (these will be posted in the new thread as well):

1. Any (real) MoFo can vote once per match. I will not accept changes in votes and I will not accept votes from any user that I suspect to be the alias of an established MoFo. I reserve the right to disregard any vote I deem suspect.

2. Make sure you listen to all songs in a bracket (or at least part of each song) before making your selection. I say this not just because I want you to give each song fair consideration but also so that you know exactly which version of each song you are voting for or against.

3. I ask that all particpants vote in every match of a bracket. Don't give me this "I can't vote for either in good conscience" crap. Tell your conscience to STFU and select what you consider the lesser of two evils.

4. If all of your nominations have been eliminated, please continue to vote in the remaining matches.

5. Any tied match will be determined by a new voter.

I think she means Database Errol.

I'm pretty 50/50 with my choices chances in the first round. One will definitely make it, as Sabotage and Sour Times are drawn against each other. Sadly, that means a great song is going out first time round. I'm not sure which it'll be, but I'd guess Sour Times will lose out.

Celebrity Skin vs Cannonball is a tough one for me, neither was my nomination, but as I was thinking of nominating both of them. It's gonna be tough.

There's a lot of good music going out in the first round.

My psychic senses picked up on a sixth sense bulletin telling me that I will not be allowed to vote in this competition.

Now, I hadn't planned on it, but that's psychic discrimination and a violation of Universal Law #4430167248.

On the outside looking in.

There's a lot of good music going out in the first round.
I know that V was going to create a second thread for voting purposes but for some reason I can't seem to find it... Does anyone have a link?

It's only a little past 5:30 right now. As I said already, voting will begin at 7:00 p.m. Pacific Time today. I'll set up the new thread when the time comes.

On the outside looking in.
It's only a little past 5:30 right now. As I said already, voting will begin at 7:00 p.m. Pacific Time today. I'll set up the new thread when the time comes.
My bad...