So what about Conan?

Tools    

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
i edited my original bump, let me know if the images can be seen now.
Looks like they are going back to Howards Source material for the upcoming Conan reboot.

Read teh complete interview here
On Wikipedia, Conan is described as:

Conan has "sullen" or "smoldering" blue eyes and a black "square-cut mane". Howard once describes him as having a hairy chest and, while comic book interpretations often portray Conan as wearing a loincloth or other minimalist clothing, Howard describes the character as wearing whatever garb is typical for the land and culture in which Conan finds himself. Though Howard never gave a strict height or weight for Conan in a story, only describing him in loose terms like "giant" and "massive", he did once state that Conan and another of Howard's characters, the crusader Cormac Fitzgeoffrey, were "physical doubles" at 6'2" and 210 lb (188 cm and 95 kg, a description of Howard's own height and weight). In the tales no human is ever described as stronger than Conan, although several are mentioned as taller (such as the strangler Baal-pteor) or of larger bulk. In a letter to P. Schuyler Miller and John D. Clark in 1936 only three months before Howard's death, Conan is described as standing 6 feet and weighing 180 pounds when he takes part in an attack on Venarium at only 15 years old, though being far from fully grown. Although Conan is muscular, Howard frequently compares his agility and way of moving to that of a panther (see for instance "Jewels of Gwahlur," "Beyond the Black River" or "Rogues in the House"). His skin is frequently characterized as bronzed from constant exposure to the sun. In his younger years, he is often depicted wearing a light chain shirt and a horned helmet, though appearances vary with different artists.

back to the original for a sec, thought you mofo's might get enjoy what Oliver Stones' original vision was when he wrote teh screenplay.
Complete Interview
http://conancompletist.com/EN/stone.htm

link to his 1st draft (1978)(pdf)
http://www.conancompletist.com/gift/Stone_1stDraft.pdf
there. that should do it. Some neat stuff here for Conan buffs.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Ok, but this time they should go all out and make him a real Barbarian. A slobbering, blood-spitting, meat-eating, head-chopping, farting, gut-flinging, nasty-ass barbarian.
Otherwise, it'll be called Conan the Gym-Freak poser. Does "barbarian" not mean anything anymore?

A system of cells interlinked
How are you going to get a good movie out of Conan? It's fine on the printed page, but try to visualize it and it just seems silly.
It IS visualized on the printed page. It's a comic book. Also, There is already a Conan film and it's pretty damn good, IMO.

Anyway, I think they have already picked someone to play him if they do go ahead with the project.

IGN pointed out that the artwork for the new poster is a nod to Frank Frazetta's original Conan artwork. New and original artwork attached. Link to 3D poster also included.

3D Poster: http://conanthebarbarianin3d.com/motionposter/

Hey it was filmed in my country a friend of mine even met Bob Saap in a night club last spring while they were filming. Don't expect much if they went that low to film in Bulgaria just to save some money then its gonna be crap

A system of cells interlinked
I found out my GF hadn't seen the original film, so of course, it was time to watch it! Still a really fun flick...

I am a big Conan fan. I was disappointed by all the dumb changes in the John Milius version, but loved the music, sets, costumes and art direction. Jason Mamoa looks a little bit like the Frazetta Conan, only less muscular. I am crossing my fingers this one isn't another "King Krull" or "Scorpion King".

Ok, but this time they should go all out and make him a real Barbarian. A slobbering, blood-spitting, meat-eating, head-chopping, farting, gut-flinging, nasty-ass barbarian.
Otherwise, it'll be called Conan the Gym-Freak poser. Does "barbarian" not mean anything anymore?
Apparently not.

this one is spouten " no man should live in chains"

Its not Conan the Statesman for cripes sake.

Brand new full length Trailer

If ever there was a movie that could work without copious amounts of CGI its Conan.

The filmakers disagreed, this looks incredibly mediocre imo.

Rose McGowan as the witch. so much for her being Red Sonja

I'm liking Jason Momoa as Conan! And after seeing the full trailer, I'm thinking that the 2011 special effects might benefit the Robert E. Howard vision of the story. What did everyone else think?

Awesome makeup jobs too!

"Hey, you know that crazy hot girl in our movie?"
"Rose McGowan?"
"Right, her. Let's make her butt ugly."
"What?"
"Seriously. I want her hair to look like a hammerhead shark's Sunday hat."

I'm not convinced. It looks like a movie length 'Hercules' TV show and has action like Underworld. Doesn't look very impressive to me - a bit hammy too. Don't know about Momoa, he's a bit of a pretty boy MTV Conan.
My prelimenary opinion isn't good, but we'll have to wait and see.

When I'm right, I say I'm right. This movie will suck. Thank you every one. "Good day sir!"

I'm not getten the "What is best in life" vibe from this either WaWa.

A Conan Movie that isn't R rated is not a good sign.

I'm not getten the "What is best in life" vibe from this either WaWa.

A Conan Movie that isn't R rated is not a good sign.
then again.......

Uploaded by hollywoodstreams on Aug 12, 2011

http://www.hollywood.com

When blood is spilled... legends are made. Watch a young Conan satisfy his Cimmerian thirst for blood--and begin his legend--in this bloody first scene from Conan The Barbarian! Conan The Barbarian comes alive in colossal 3D action on August 19th.
&feature=player_embedded

Yeah, well, I'm sure that will ALL the difference, eh Dex?

I did see a pretty good trailer at the movie house awhile back and I actually thought this looked like a fun little movie. The thing was; I didn't realize I was watching the Conan trailer, I thought it was just some Barbarian movie that looked pretty watchable (because I do so love Barbarian movies, insert clever insult here please) but then I began to get the feeling... you know the one. "Oh for f&%$'s sake, its that sh*tty Conan remake isn't it? Yep. It sure was. So, what they need to do is just simple, change the title. Then they'll have their little barbarian movie, I'll go see it, you'll go see it, hell, we might even like it.

Am I guilty of judging a film before I've even seen it? Damn right.

I know the hardest thing for me is gonna be accepting that its a complete separate entity from teh Oliver Stone penned Conan. Which means no Wheel of pain, no Thulsa Doom. no Pit Fighten etc.

On the other hand, its probably going to be better than every other barbarian movie, so theres that.