2024 Film Challenge

Tools    

The trick is not minding
Hmmm. Considering changing my chosen director from Mizoguchi to Suzuki, especially since a handful of his films are set to leave this month.

Hello! This is my first attempt at a film challenge! I shall be doing the main challenge. May I ask whether you are supposed to watch the films in the order given? Also may we post films we watch as we go along as opposed to the whole list at once?

Also answers to Jabba
Hello! This is my first attempt at a film challenge! I shall be doing the main challenge. May I ask whether you are supposed to watch the films in the order given? Also may we post films we watch as we go along as opposed to the whole list at once?

Welcome Sky! You can watch the films in any order you wish and it is also up to you whether you wish to post frequent updates or not. I usually have one post I constantly edit to keep track of my progress and post about specific films I wish to discuss in the thread, but again it is up to you.

B. Good old terra firma!
[watch a film predominantly taking place in each of the landscapes listed below]
1. Desert Nature of the Beast
2. Jungle Jungle
3. Open Sea The Meg
4. Snowland Knuckleball

None of these movies were very good. WHOMP WHOMP. I enjoyed The Meg a little more than I expected. Jungle is probably the best of the bunch.

Welcome Sky! You can watch the films in any order you wish and it is also up to you whether you wish to post frequent updates or not. I usually have one post I constantly edit to keep track of my progress and post about specific films I wish to discuss in the thread, but again it is up to you.

Thank you very much! I'm looking forward to this!

Jungle is also my pick for that category. I hope the rest of my picks will be better.
When I did a keyword search a lot of great films came up . . . but I'd seen them all.

For the desert one, I'd highly recommend Dust Devil if anyone hasn't seen it yet.

I think I asked for clarification on this category last time, but here goes:

D. I coulda been a contender:
[watch a film that has won the following awards]
1. Cannes Film Festival
2. Academy Award
3. Sundance Film Festival
4. Toronto International Film Festival

Are these films that won the biggest prize (ie the Best Picture Oscar), or just films that won any award at these events?

The trick is not minding
I think I asked for clarification on this category last time, but here goes:

D. I coulda been a contender:
[watch a film that has won the following awards]
1. Cannes Film Festival
2. Academy Award
3. Sundance Film Festival
4. Toronto International Film Festival

Are these films that won the biggest prize (ie the Best Picture Oscar), or just films that won any award at these events?
I’m pretty sure it’s any award.

Main Challenge - 1/52  

Nightmare Mode  

What is the MoFo Hall of Fame? I mean, I'm assuming it's something in here but I cannot find anything with that name.

What is the MoFo Hall of Fame? I mean, I'm assuming it's something in here but I cannot find anything with that name.
It's something posters here do, like a group watch thing. Everyone who is participating nominates a film, everyone watches and ranks all the films, and the film with the highest number of points overall wins.

HERE is a thread where you can explore a bit.

Thank you!

Ok, here's my list, which I will be updating as I go along, all seen for the first time. My choices will be based on curated randomness:

Main Challenge 11/52  

I see The Golden Age Part 1, is there supposed to be a The Golden Age Part 2?

Also answers to Jabba
I see The Golden Age Part 1, is there supposed to be a The Golden Age Part 2?

Next year

Sky if you wish, you can also include the collapsible text tags on your list to make the thread easier to parse. If you want to but don't know how, let me know.

Hey, I would love to join this! However, have completely forgotten how to use collapsable tabs. Please can someone let me know?

Also answers to Jabba
Hey, I would love to join this! However, have completely forgotten how to use collapsable tabs. Please can someone let me know?

Welcome aboard!

[ collapse="My title goes here"]
[/collapse]

Remove the space and...
My title goes here