How to get the Girl/Guy warning: Friends only

Tools    

coke kills drink pepsi
Hi, all. Ill be leaving in three days. Highschool lately has been a bit of a drag, there's this girl there, and I have complicated feeling abuot her. But I don't know what to say, that and every guy there has the hots for her to. It kinda sucks. My bro had the same problem when he was a Sophmore, so I asked him what should I say. "just take three deep breaths and say it", that doesnt work. Lately my saying has been " guys like me don't get the girl".

Has there ever been a part in your lives were, you have felt maybe the same way about some one. What did you say?, How did youd go abuot it. Did you say it. Please share because I'm scared of telling her. Maybe you can all help me out.........

coke kills drink pepsi
thanks

The People's Republic of Clogher
Originally Posted by Agent 0 Zero
Hi, all. Ill be leaving in three days. Highschool lately has been a bit of a drag, there's this girl there, and I have complicated feeling abuot her. But I don't know what to say, that and every guy there has the hots for her to. It kinda sucks.
Fear of rejection is a horrible thing, isn't it?

I was in kinda the same situation a looooong time ago when at college - beautiful girl, popular, smart and funny. And I had a mental block when it came to asking her out.

I guess you've got to balance your feelings for her against the reaction if things don't go too well - I know from experience that it ain't the best feeling in the world to turn up for school each day and meet the person who said 'no'. But if you can handle that, than go ahead and ask her.

My story ended thus - I asked her out (being thick skinned) and she said yes.

We ended up getting married.

.......then divorced 6 years later......but it was fun

Good luck.

Originally Posted by Yoda
A friend of mine once said that if you're afraid to ask the question, it's probably because you already know the answer.
But then if you get the courage to ask her and shes says no, then at least you can stop thinking about it and move on.
If shes says yes then great.

Even if she says no- chances are she will still respect you- more so if you do it with confidence. Dont pull one of those "You dont have to say yes...." or "I understand if you dont want to...". From my own expierence- those just make you look even more pathetic. Ask her out as if you havnt been thinking about it all that much.

And if she says no, ask again the next day. She''ll think its cute.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Throw notes at her from across the room. Worked like a charm for me.

Hand written, hand tossed notes are more powerful than cupid's arrow.

Originally Posted by Yoda
A friend of mine once said that if you're afraid to ask the question, it's probably because you already know the answer.
I really don't think that applies in this type of situation.

Originally Posted by Garrett
I really don't think that applies in this type of situation.
Actually, this is very much the type of situation I was in when my friend said it to me.

And they were right, as it turned out.

I just think it's a general nervousness that everyone feels when confronting someone they have feelings for. Some people are able to throw caution to the wind and just do it, and some just can't.
I can't say that's how you or anyone else feels but that's definitely how I feel about it.

Originally Posted by Garrett
I just think it's a general nervousness that everyone feels when confronting someone they have feelings for. Some people are able to throw caution to the wind and just do it, and some just can't.
I can't say that's how you or anyone else feels but that's definitely how I feel about it.
Your not really doing a whole lot to help your argument here. Most guys wont ask because they are positive the girl will say no. (This, of course, is the fear of rejection, which is nervousness.)

Now lets say your the quarterback, completley ripped, with a 90210 haircut, (i still think they're cool). You dont have to be afraid of the answer. Your positive the answer will be yes, thus, the lack of nervousness. Just like superman doesnt have to be brave, but batman is probably piss scared every night.

Both of you are saying the same thing, methinks.

No, I think you guys are misunderstanding me. But as of now, I'm just going to back away slowly before I make myself look like anymore of a fool.

dude your thinking about it the wrong way. if she rejects you then she is the one thats missing out. that being said act confident and eventually you will be confident and just go for it.

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
If you truly believe she'll say no then is she the right girl for you? Think long and hard before you ask her

And if you do still want to ask her then don't take three breaths take one and then do it!

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
I can count on three fingers the guys I've asked out in my life, and I can tell you, I was shaking in my boots every time. I don't know how you guys sommon the courage to do it all the time. The results I've gotten have not been as predictable as some responses here predict, though. A few times, it wasn't the worst idea I'd ever had.

Do you have things in common with this girl, or do you just like her because she's pretty and popular? If it's the second, then you have little idea what you're getting in to, so be careful. If you have talked with her and the conversations have gone well, then put your fears aside and ask. She might be hoping you will.

Originally Posted by Zeiken
Even if she says no- chances are she will still respect you- more so if you do it with confidence. Dont pull one of those "You dont have to say yes...." or "I understand if you dont want to...". From my own expierence- those just make you look even more pathetic. Ask her out as if you havnt been thinking about it all that much.

And if she says no, ask again the next day. She''ll think its cute.

Ive always liked this approach. Most of the guys that ask me out attempt it in this fashion, so maybe Im biased! I think that if you already know the girl this works, and if you dont know her--this is definitely the way to go.

If the girl IS going to say "No" because she does not want that kind of relationship with you, it doesnt mean that she wants to crush you, and if you are friends already, she may not want to ruin the friendship or make it "weird."

If the girl takes relish in telling you "No," perhaps she isnt the girl for you.

Well- here is the most important thing.
Dont let any of it turn into regret.

I just entered college- and i hit a stage where i was just so incredibly depressed because of the things i didnt do in high school, (i.e., asking a certain girl out was among my regrets). Regret is one of the worst feelings in the world.

Bite your lip and give it hell.

May The Forks be With Us
suck it up and ask her man. just say, in a cute kinda way, "i think you are possibly the best looking girl in the entire school." if she says "ohhh thank you very much." then it is ok to talk and just kinda flirt with her a little bit and then ask her if she wants to catch a movie with you and some of your friends later. do that and you should be set. if she looks at you and thinx that your a perv when you say the thing about her hotness then it is dr. mikes advice that u better be one quick son of a b****, u might get slapped so hard that it might leave a mark for a few days

"Snozberries taste like snozberries"

I ate all your bees.
Originally Posted by Zeiken
Well- here is the most important thing.
Dont let any of it turn into regret.

Bite your lip and give it hell.
Heed this advice!