Star Wars Goes 3D In 2012

Tools    

... WIZARD OF OZ??? Nah kidding but i will skip this movie in 2012. There is no point. Star Wars is as good as it is and we dont need 3D making it any worse.

Just retire already Lucas. Your time has passed.

this and titanic being converted into 3D whats next???
Anything and everything if a studio thinks they will make money off of it...

Yes I am really really bored
Star wars in 3D..hmm...could be fun x)

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
I don't like everything that they are doing with the franchise. The original Star Wars were great, everything else after that not so much. The only reason why it did so well is because how great Star Wars IV - VI were.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Love Star Wars. Hate 3D. Pass.
this.

Haven't played out the Star Wars franchise plenty enough?

Phantom Menace 3D opens at the cinema this week in Britain.

Am I the only one who:

1. Doesn't give two plums about it?
2. Won't be going to see it?
3. Nor buying it on home cinema when it's released and then relentlessly rammed down our throats again in a few months time?
4. Has had absolutely no faith in the franchise since 1999 and is wondering why Lucas just doesn't disappear forever?

Nope, I'm with you on all four. Though, tbh, I've been with you on all four since any of them existed. So I've never given a crap about the prequels, didn't see it (or any of the others) at the cinema, never bought a copy, never had any faith in the franchise and have been wondering that since '83. OK, that last one's not true, but only because I never gave Lucas any thought until he started messing with the originals. However, since then, yes.

Love the original trilogy, like the prequel trilogy, but that's it, Lucas. No more money from me. I'm sure he'll continue to toy with them forever, though.

The Star Wars movies are not being released in 3D. The Prequels are. I don't refer to those as Star Wars.

But I haven't given Georgie Lucas a nickle since I saw The Phantom Menace opening day. You guys are suckers.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

The Star Wars movies are not being released in 3D. The Prequels are. I don't refer to those as Star Wars.

But I haven't given Georgie Lucas a nickle since I saw The Phantom Menace opening day. You guys are suckers.

Give it 12 months. Lucas will do it. The Force will tell him to.

After all, he intended the Star Wars franchise to be done in 3D anyway, they just didn't have the right technology at the time of making them

The Phantom Menace has now pulled in over $1 billion at the box office. My younger boys, who have watched the DVD numerous times, saw it in 3D at a birthday party and have now decided it's the "best movie ever."

Technically, the plan is 1 film per year, in 3D, for 6 years. So, in 2015 it would be A New Hope. Will 3D even still be a thing by then?

They made the 3D version because of their newly released (2011) MMORP game, Star Wars: The Old Republic. (SWTOR)

I'm sure the timing didn't exactly hurt their gaming sales/subscriptions. :P