Top 5 fav movies of all time

Tools    

OMG, I forgot about PAPALION, I agree that was a great film..totally forgot..

..that girl is frightening..

lol how fun..

1)Scream 2
2)Titanic
3)Never Been Kissed
4)Cruel Intentions
5)Jurassic Park

Movie Forums Member
In order of seen...

1) Flight of the Navigator
2) Home Alone 2: Lost in New York
3) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
4) The 6th Sense.
5) Ghost in the Machine.

{That was easy, I wonder how many posts I have left until I hit 25}

Top 5 movies of all-time are:

1.Kill Bill Vols. 1 & 2
2.Sin City
3.Fight Club
4.Enter the Dragon
5.Constantine

So many good movies, so little time.
Always changing but currently :

1. The Searchers
2. The Godfather
3. Casablanca
4. Citizen Kane
5. The Seven Samurai

and my top 200 are here

http://www.angeltowns.com/town/rjsph...100/index.html

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."- Groucho Marx

OK as i read through these posts I am discusted to find that some of the greatest movies of our time are not in there. ETC.

1)THIRTEEN!--The most controversial film of the decade! Deals with all of the problems faced by teens today!
2)The ring!--The greatest horror film of all time! Who cannot love the victim, singles mum just trying to make it through the day, and who cannot fear and feel sorry for the villian, poor Samara, abandoned by those who were ment to love her, but kills all she goes near.
3)Donnie Darko--I'm not even gonna say why this is fantastic
4)The Butterfly Effect--A very similar storyline to DD, same ending and they both dea with time travel, but they deal with these things very differently...and who cannot love ashton kutcher?
5)Lion King--OK it has to be said, the best cartoon film.....EVER!

Arresting your development
Originally Posted by Samara_Morgan
OK as i read through these posts I am discusted to find that some of the greatest movies of our time are not in there. ETC.
Wake up, Donnie.
That's funny. Maybe it depends on where you sit.

You can't play God son. Please don't be discusted! There are tons of different flavors here on this site to dabble your taste buds in. I know that everything at Club MoFo is not going to be Hakuna Matata. As for me...I appreciate the the wide variety of likes and dislikes here and some of these people are silly to b00t. Be a good a sport and swish this place around in your mouth for awhile. Before you release your custed on us...give us se7en days before you try to hurt somebody. You don't wanna hurt anyone do you? But I do, and I'm sorry. It won't stop.

Times up Donnie!

A system of cells interlinked

1)THIRTEEN!--The most controversial film of the decade! Deals with all of the problems faced by teens today!
2)The ring!--The greatest horror film of all time! Who cannot love the victim, singles mum just trying to make it through the day, and who cannot fear and feel sorry for the villian, poor Samara, abandoned by those who were ment to love her, but kills all she goes near.
4)The Butterfly Effect--A very similar storyline to DD, same ending and they both dea with time travel, but they deal with these things very differently...and who cannot love ashton kutcher?
Ok since we hadn't listed these, and you are disgusted, I will try to comment on the films you listed.

Thirteen: This film has too narrow a target demographic for many to consider a favorite. If someone isn't a teen-ager, they can't relate to it easily. I would think this is why it wasn't listed. I haven't seen it, so I can't comment on the film itself. I highly doubt it is the most controversial film of the decade though. Why all the controversy? If it is a coming of age teen film (which I like to some extent), how does it compare to stuff like:

The Breakfast Club
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Say Anything
Fast Time's at Ridgemont High
The Outsiders
Dazed and Confuzed
Stand By Me

-I am just curious, as I like these films and may like Thirteen if it's writen with the same clever wit and important life messages in mind.

The Ring: I'll rephase for you. It's your favorite horror film of all time, not the best of all time. You can't state taste as fact and be taken seriously, anyway. For me, Kubrick's The Shining is a better film any way you look at it. Also, did you actually see The Ring? How is Naomi Watts a victim? Samara's victims died, people like the teen at the beginning and Watt's ex-boyfriend. Naomi Watts was actually the enabler for the entity, which was one of the twists at the end. Remember? Still, average writing, pretty good cinematography, and I like the film. I just wouldn't put it over stuff like The Shining and the wonderful Pang Bros. film, The Eye.

Donnie Darko: While I have a great deal of respect for this film, and think it is quite exceptional, I still wouldn't put it on even a top ten of all time list. It is an extremely interesting script, well played by good actors, but it was still the freshman attempt by a new director, and has plenty of warts. While the script was good, the final film had cohesion issues, which the director himself states in the commentary. The film needed more production time, and more money in order to reach the directors full vision. That said, I love the film, and see why it would be on some folks lists.

The Butterfly Effect: This is a substandard film, with poor actors, and a shabby script. This lacks the elegant touch of Donnie Darko, is your typical jump-cut hollywood thriller, and as for Ashton Kutcher, I feel dirty even calling him an actor. Compared to real actors, this flash-in-the-pan chump has zero talent. One of the worst in the business working today.

The Lion King: Well animated disney film. Not my style, but is probably on a few folks lists....

The Green Lantern
Superman:The Movie
Spider-Man
Spider-Man 2
Back to the Future
Star Wars
Let Those Who Worship Evil's Might.
Beware My Power...Green Lantern's Light"

--Green Lantern Oath--

"The Green Lantern Corps has battled against the forces of evil and chaos for a millennium. To serve is the ultimate honor."

im sorry
i didn't mean to offend anyone.
(did i spell all that right?)

A system of cells interlinked
im sorry

Huh? Who was offended?

Arresting your development
im sorry
Hey don't be so glum chum! I was only pulling your dictionary chain. We all make mistakes...by me pointing that out was my own little ol' dirty bastard self taking a notice to your works. You're swell in my book Beave!

Originally Posted by Sedai
Huh? Who was offended?
Not me! I was just having a little fun.

Mr. Last's Message Board Rule # 2.000532: Don't get offended on a message board...it makes my panties ride up.

Some folks are entertained, some folks are highly offended, me...personally, I'm right in between leaning more toward the entertained side.

Seriously, discourage what you don’t like about the place by failing to empower it, ya dig me, hep cats? (I had a dream that a little Yoda muppet told me this after he stole my blinking light thingy.)

Since you're only 13 yourself...I'll not pick on you at all...except that Ashton Kutcher part.

Beauty does not equal talent.

There. Hatefulness over.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Thankyou

Never conform, never compromise....
These are 5 of my fave fims...I can't say for sure they are my 5 fave of all time, that is a little hard to judge but they are close.

1. Raging Bull - My fave DeNiro and Scoresesse(sp?) film.

2. Sin City - I have to see this again to know for sure, but I really do believe it will be one of my top 5 fave fims.

3. The Lord of the Rings Trilogy - I know they are not one movie, but the first two do not have proper endings, and it is really just one massive story.

4. Gangs of New York - I can't explain why I love this film as much as I do, I just do.

5. Edward Scissor Hands - I am a large fan of both Depp and Burton, especially together and this is my fave colaboration. (can't wait for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)

Thats my list. As I said, I can't really name 5 and only 5 as my faveorites of all time, but this gives you an idea. Braveheart could go in place of Gans for example.
- Corey Taylor (2002)

1. Star Wars
2. Monty Python and the Holy Grail
3. The Goonies
4. Spider-Man
5. X-men 2

Good boy/terrible girl
1. Once Upon a time in the West
2. Blade Runner
3. Versus
4. The Natural
5. The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly

my list of 5 all time favourite movies:
1.Sleepless in Seattle
2.Casablanca
3.Forrest Gump
4.God father Part1
5.Notting Hill

tearing down the boarders
Hard question. All i can think of right now is
Signs
Zoolander
Spiderman
Donnie Darko
Fight Club
Pretty known stuff, i'm not going to try and act like some tight ass movie critic and say weird arty movies that nobodies heard of.