School of Rock

→ in
Tools    

Originally Posted by CrazyforMovies
No the rock musicians of the 70's and early 80's will never again be; yes every generation has their musicians. However now its the image and not the music. We really never had the exposure to musicians other than going to their concerts now if the person looks good so does the music. Image is everything now.
I'm sorry, but it's always been more about image than anything. Back then, being a talented musician was more lucrative. Today it does not matter. That is the only difference.

And, additionally, we only hear the great everlasting music from those eras. There was just as much **** then. I can think of very few hippy songs that don't suck. Similarily, I can think of very few songs that were popular in the past 10 years that didn't suck. Hell, past 20 years.

For those of you are interested, reverse shot has just published their SUMMER EDITION, which focuses [almost] entirely on Richard Linklater.

The highlight, of course, is the THREE-PAGE INTERVIEW with Linklater, in which he comes across as intelligent, laid-back and even kind of wise.

#1 Canadian Haylie Duff Fan
Okay, this movie was not as good as i expected. Jack Black gave his usual funny performance as a substitute teacher, but that was about it. The storyline was crap and all they did was get a bunch of kids to dress up and play the musical instruments. My top 3 favorite Jack Black movies are as follows:
1. Orange County
2. Shallow Hal
3. Saving SilverMan
Anyways, i'm out for now!

"I'm Different, Punch Me I Bleed"
I have seen School of Rock two times in the movies, and I have it on DVD. I thought it was a great flick. Someday I will write a reivew about it. That movie is "The Man" ok well maybe not, but it was good hehe. I really liked the parts when they played the music. But my favorite is when "Mr. Snepbly" finds out they can play and he tells the kids to pay the things he tell them hehe good movie.

- Speedy

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
It was good except the drummer and the bassist were fakes.... The guitarist and the keyboardist were real though... The movie was decent. One of Black best roles.

i heard the drummer was really like 14 year old who just looked young cuz they couldnt find a 10 years old kid who could play the drums really good or something like that. i did like this movie alot but it was alittle fake. there is no way a person could get away with pretending to be a teacher and teaching them music. And i dont think pillows are going to sound proof a room. And when they called the cops on him, he really should of been thrown in jail not just sent home.

I See You When You're Sleeping
Yeah, that'd make for a better family movie. He goes to jail and the kids go back to lessons. Good one.

" Say what again i dare you!!"
Does anyone know where I can find guitar tabs for this movie online? I am a huge fan of this movie. I LOVED IT!! I've had the title song stuck in my head for a week. Thanx to all for your help.
Try

www.ultimate-guitar.com Or...

www.mxtabs.net

Hope that helped

Joe

This film was a blast… One of the funniest I’ve seen yet.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Memorable Quotes:

>
Dewey Finn : Your kids have all really touched me, and I'm pretty sure that I've touched them.
>
Dewey Finn : Ok, here's the deal. I have a hangover. Who knows what that means?
Frankie : Doesn't that mean you're drunk?
Dewey Finn : No. It means I was drunk yesterday.
Freddy : It means you're an alcoholic.
Dewey Finn : Wrong.
Freddy : You wouldn't come to work with a hangover unless you were an alcoholic. Dude, you got a disease!
Dewey Finn : Hmmm... hmmm... What's your name?
Freddy : Freddy Jones.
Dewey Finn : Ok, Freddy Jones, shut up!
>
Dewey Finn : Those kids are infected with a very rare disease. It's called "Stickittodamoninosis".
Battle of the Bands director : Really? I've never heard of a disease like that.
Dewey Finn : You're lucky. It's Hell.
>
Dewey Finn : You don't have to worry about me because I'm a hard-ass. And if a kid gets out of line, I got no problem smacking them in the head.
>
Dewey Finn : Give up, just quit, because in this life, you can't win. Yeah, you can try, but in the end you're just gonna lose, big time, because the world is run by the Man. The Man, oh, you don't know the Man. He's everywhere. In the White House... down the hall... Ms. Mullins, she's the Man. And the Man ruined the ozone, he's burning down the Amazon, and he kidnapped Shamu and put her in a chlorine tank! And there used to be a way to stick it to the Man. It was called rock 'n roll, but guess what, oh no, the Man ruined that, too, with a little thing called MTV! So don't waste your time trying to make anything cool or pure or awesome 'cause the Man is just gonna call you a fat washed up loser and crush your soul. So do yourselves a favor and just GIVE UP!